The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game gradually getting choppy / losing FPS, have to reload UI to fix it...anyone else have this prob

ck37090
ck37090
✭✭✭✭
As I play the game will eventually get choppy and hardly playable (i'm on PC)...I can reload the UI and that seems to fix it...anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of us are. For me it started immediately after Monday's maintenance. The weeks before I would get 40-60 fps in a busy city like Rawl, with ping under 150. Now In Rawl, the fps is halved, and the ping is over 150.

In Glenumbra this morning, my fps was all over the place, from 80 down to 13.

In places like my houses and in dungeons, fps is usually better. Sometimes it's actually really good, better than before.

It's mainly in cities and overland areas where the fps is atrocious and headache-inducing. Some people are blaming outfits. I don't think it's that--it's more likely whatever they did to adjust the servers to handle outfits and other recent changes not doing what it's suppose to everywhere, because in some places for me, it seems improved while it other places it's almost unplayable.

Edited by jssriot on February 23, 2018 5:23PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.