Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

With Warden and bear Companion, do you want a Werebear transformation?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Well I think they should add playable werebears. They had them in the dragonborn dlc of skyrim and they should have been playable there but they were not.
I think with the warden and their Bear summon. Having werebears would be an alternative to werewolves would be neat and fit well with the newest class.
Edited by Thevampirenight on February 23, 2018 12:06AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

With Warden and bear Companion, do you want a Werebear transformation? 58 votes

Yes they should give us the ability to become a werebear. Without adding it to a dlc
20%
7788b14_ESOHrogunRadiancevrineTankHealz2015MilwaukeeScottIccotakFischblutraj72616aMicah_BayerBbsample197ssorgatem 12 votes
Yes they should give us the ability to become a werebear with a dlc
27%
dodgehopper_ESOAzuryaChrlynschCave_CanemgreyloxThevampirenightSkullstachioCadburyRupzSkoomaRouDeRSilverIce58ak_pvpWildRaptorXChaos2088JobooAGSbearbelly 16 votes
No
51%
Imryllvailjohn_ESOAcrolasNewBlacksmurfDarcyMardinYakidafiMitrengaNyghthowlerfeyiiTandorSarevoccDieAlteHexeEasily_LostVaohpod88kkJjitsuboy98Mic1007DojohodaSpiderKnightEp1kMalware 30 votes
  • Varcarus
    Varcarus
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Yet doesn't fit in with any lore anywhere so it's a no from me.
    PC-NA:
    450CP+ EP Dunmer MagDK - Varcarus Ravenwatch

BETA Participant but on an EU-non-steam account, I really should have used that acc for ESO instead of a new Steam version...
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varcarus wrote: »

Oh yes it does they are most definitely part of the lore they have them in the Skyrim dragonborn dlc.
    There is even books talking about the werebears of skyrim.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Werebear

Lorewise skyrim is supposed to be teaming with Werebears. They are also the second most common Lycanthrope in Hircines Realm at least I think I've read that somewhere not seeing anything on that right now as I look for it.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 23, 2018 12:19AM
    PC NA
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it cosmetic only and fair enough. Judging from warden if they make it DLC it'd be the new bane of PvP.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Varcarus
    Varcarus
    ✭✭✭
    No

Oh yes it does they are most definitely part of the lore they have them in the Skyrim dragonborn dlc.

Lorewise skyrim is supposed to be teaming with Werebears. They are also the second most common Lycanthrope in Hircines Realm at least I think I've read that somewhere not seeing anything on that right now as I look for it.

But you see here, the difference is the year gap between ESO and Skyrim, it could have bloomed further along after the war ended but as current time period dictates, it's not part of the lore "yet".
    PC-NA:
    450CP+ EP Dunmer MagDK - Varcarus Ravenwatch

BETA Participant but on an EU-non-steam account, I really should have used that acc for ESO instead of a new Steam version...
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    No
    They are having problem balancing werewolf, how would you think a werebear could be? Both from a design and a balance perspective.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof that it's lore appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qazTwX4BXkA
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »
    They are having problem balancing werewolf, how would you think a werebear could be? Both from a design and a balance perspective.

Doesnt have to meddle with balance. It can simply be a skin just like the grey bear of Wardens. Add in a sidequest to the Werewolf transformation story and you have your playable Werebear
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But you see here, the difference is the year gap between ESO and Skyrim, it could have bloomed further along after the war ended but as current time period dictates, it's not part of the lore "yet".

Werebears are the most abundant breed of lycanthrope found in Skyrim and also inhabit regions such as High Rock, the Imperial Province, and Morrowind.[1] Legend holds that smearing Canis Root on the trees surrounding one's home will ward off werebears

Also Hircine has close to ties bears as well as Wolves. This has been supported, so to me it would break lore if they did not exist at this time.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Lycanthropy

The Hunting Grounds[edit]
    Upon death, lycanthropes go to Hircine's Hunting Ground to hunt with him for all eternity. The Hunting Grounds are considered by some lycanthropes to be an ideal afterlife, but others feel that this denies them a true paradise.[8][2] The realm is made up mostly of dense woodland and vast grasslands and plains, as well as blood-red tributaries. Mortals entering these realms are typically hunted down by the inhabitants. During the day, werebears hunt the inhabitants and at night, Hircine announces himself with a pack of werewolves.

Edited by Thevampirenight on February 23, 2018 1:23AM
    PC NA
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but that's not necessarily how "lore" works. AFAIK werebear-ism isn't something like the store "Divine Elegance" that (unless it was passed down generations) does not exist until the events around the Oblivion Crisis.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is another reason why I think they should do it.
    Miaqs comments in Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

They could in fact add them in with Vvardenfell, with werebear spawns
    and a quest to complete something a bit different from the werewolf quest.
    Given they can be found in Morrowind it would be a great opportunity for them to at least convince Werebear wannabes that don't have the expansion to buy it.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 23, 2018 1:37AM
    PC NA
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I thought of was a Warden and their Bear doing a Fusion Dance.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    surprise-werebear-surprises-you.jpg

M7DBYjP.jpg

s3lIHi7.jpg

Edited by Dojohoda on February 23, 2018 2:26AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    So, with Sorcerer and daedra Companions, do you want a Weredra transformation?
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    now, if you'd said carebear...
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need a bear just to match? Wardens/Rangers/Druids aren't just adept at summoning/befriending/manipulating bears. They are the masters of nature and as such many beasts are bound to their whim.

Lycanthropy on the other hand specifically refers only to wolves. The prefix Lycan is based on the latin word for wolf (Canis Lupus-- more specficially the Lupus bit, as Canis refers to all canines) A werebear would be afflicted with Ursinthropy.

Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 23, 2018 3:43AM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are werebears in the game and in the series. I would love to see more werebeasts in the game including some playable ones. I would also like to see anti-daedric Guilds/Orders/Knighthoods that are meant to specifically counter all the monstrosity.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are werebears in the game and in the series. I would love to see more werebeasts in the game including some playable ones. I would also like to see anti-daedric Guilds/Orders/Knighthoods that are meant to specifically counter all the monstrosity.

fighter's guild.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes they should give us the ability to become a werebear. Without adding it to a dlc

That is not at all how it works. all form of manner of werebeast exist during the time of ESO.
    At least know the lore before pulling that card
    Edited by Iccotak on February 23, 2018 3:47AM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need a bear just to match? Wardens/Rangers/Druids aren't just adept at summoning/befriending/manipulating bears. They are the masters of nature and as such many beasts are bound to their whim.

Lycanthropy on the other hand specifically refers only to wolves. The prefix Lycan is based on the latin word for wolf (Canis Lupus-- more specficially the Lupus bit, as Canis refers to all canines) A werebear would be afflicted with Ursinthropy.

The OP is just saying for aesthetic and roleplaying purposes.
    No bonuses, abilities, or anything like that.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see it as a crown store and/or achievement reward.
    But it would be a pretty cool if it had a questline in one of the future Skyrim provinces
    Edited by Iccotak on February 23, 2018 3:50AM
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    ascan7 wrote: »
    Doesnt have to meddle with balance. It can simply be a skin just like the grey bear of Wardens. Add in a sidequest to the Werewolf transformation story and you have your playable Werebear

This is a simply Genius idea to go about implementing such a thing if they ever had incentive.

Aren't most Nords Already Bears? lol
    tumblr_ocbqujYq6u1u8tquco4_500.gif

AIcKlZD.gif

tumblr_nhyqlyW2f01s1ao7zo6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nhyqlyW2f01s1ao7zo7_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nwlnvuLpUM1t6saleo5_500.gif

tumblr_nwlnvuLpUM1t6saleo2_500.gif

Beorn from The Hobbit.
    Edited by Radiance on February 23, 2018 4:12AM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The book Dealing with werewolves found in the world and its creature section of your library in eso do mention werebear so they already exist in eso time period
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dealing_with_Werewolves
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    werewolfs are for nerds! we need werebears!!!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Please.
    latest?cb=20150602195353

Maybe in a future update we can have different lycanthropes across tamriel?
    Imagine running into a group of orcs and they transform into WereBoars
    Redguard Pirates coming out of the water as WereSharks
    A whole storyline revolving around a Nord tribe of WereBears
    Sounds good to me

Would add more variety to the game for both Players and NPCs
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Werecroc.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see, someone necroed a poll I did two years ago on weather or not they should add werebears
    Was kinda going what the oblivion. Oh well
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Yes Please.
    latest?cb=20150602195353

Maybe in a future update we can have different lycanthropes across tamriel?
    Imagine running into a group of orcs and they transform into WereBoars
    Redguard Pirates coming out of the water as WereSharks
    A whole storyline revolving around a Nord tribe of WereBears
    Sounds good to me

Would add more variety to the game for both Players and NPCs

Well given the datamined summerset dlc or expansion possibly going to be added later on they could add weresharks there.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 23, 2018 4:24AM
    PC NA
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would rather want enhancements of the bear pet - for example the bear has his own small sill line you can use....or at least turn its ultimate into an AOE cleave to make it more useful

Besdies this different skins for the bear would be nice...
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please explain the pack of werebears I fought in Skyrim some years back.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not?
    they are lore plausible (Skyrim)
    and something new