The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Haunting Curse

Darknightmare641
Darknightmare641
Soul Shriven
I know a lot of ppl are going to jump on my neck for this but why should daedric curse should be cleansed and power of the light isnt cleansable? with all the heavy armor builds out there with crazy healing in cyrodill and all the magplars using wizards reposte its already hard enough to kill them. As a magicka sorc is so frustrating having to fight a templar either magicka or stam that can just cancell my whole combo with 1 button Zos plz make curse unpurgable
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. It needs a counter
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    No. It needs a counter

I think he's just looking for consistency. It makes very little sense for two abilities which function similarly and serve a similar purpose behaving differently in regards to purge.

Power of the light should be purgeable, or daedric curse shouldnt, there's currently no consistency.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    No. It needs a counter

I think he's just looking for consistency. It makes very little sense for two abilities which function similarly and serve a similar purpose behaving differently in regards to purge.

Power of the light should be purgeable, or daedric curse shouldnt, there's currently no consistency.

I thought both were already purgable.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd hazard a guess that the reason Curse is purgable while Power of the Light is not is due to counterplay.

Curse has none, you place a curse on someone and the damage is going to hit them, regardless of what they do. PotL on the other hand requires damage to be stacked up first before it can hit, thus you can counter the skill by moving away and avoiding incoming damage until it pops.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can purge PotL.
    End of the discussion
  • Darknightmare641
    Darknightmare641
    Soul Shriven
    Curse is an esscential part of the sorcs kit most of the builds rn can outheal the burst due to cc removal of cfrag and the dmg nerf why should a 30k templar purge the core of my combo with 1 button
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    can't be blocked, can't be dodged... not many skills like that..

Flip side.. they can purge to completely remove your curse so it does 0 damage..

They cast jabs. I can shield, completely protecting me so it does 0 damage..

Big picture.. stud needs to have counters and part of good play is on the one hand using the correct counters at the correct time - and on the other hand, recognising the builds that counter yours and ignoring/leaving them.

This DW Magsorc main says curse is fine.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Darknightmare641
    Darknightmare641
    Soul Shriven

Flip side.. they can purge to completely remove your curse so it does 0 damage..

Big picture.. stud needs to have counters and part of good play is on the one hand using the correct counters at the correct time - and on the other hand, recognising the builds that counter yours and ignoring/leaving them.

Im a dw mag sorc as well and running away from a build just bc it has some sort of counter is not a solution pol cant be blocked or dodged and cant be purged it should be the same thing for curse the dmg from curse can be out healed easily if you remove curse with a cleanse it makes you start all over again in with the combo besides every class in the game has a combo that cannot be avoided
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DW on sorc is a give and take choice, though. You're getting huge burst which can decimate some opponents at the price of some other opponents being a fairly hard counter. I'm ok with that.

Someone said earlier that potl is purgable. I'm not really sure. If it isn't, then potl is the source of the discrepancy, not curse.
    If instead curse became unpurgable, then they would probably nerf it a different way, or have to make a whole bunch of other stuff unpurgable to be fair when compared to curse. Then purge becomes useless.. nah. I think curse is fine.

Now what would be a good boost to DW sorc would be an adjustment to wrath, so it did more 'standard' damage but less execute damage, so it actually became a useable (but weakish) spammable with an execute component.
    Edited by Biro123 on February 24, 2018 10:54AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I checked PotL was purgeable...
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Im a dw mag sorc as well and running away from a build just bc it has some sort of counter is not a solution pol cant be blocked or dodged and cant be purged it should be the same thing for curse the dmg from curse can be out healed easily if you remove curse with a cleanse it makes you start all over again in with the combo besides every class in the game has a combo that cannot be avoided

PoTL can be purged stop spreading false information