The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New proc set meta?

Mauz
Mauz
✭✭✭
Didn't ZoS said they learned something from making proc sets so strong in the first run? And now this:

For light armor users:
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Caluurion’s+Legacy+Set
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Zaan+Set

For medium armor users:
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Plague+Slinger+Set
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Thurvokun+Set

Both of these setups do 10k+ proc dmg in PvP. Especially this light armor combo is absolutely idiotic. This is even worse than last time. What annoyes me even more is that I have to grind PvE as PvP player.

I'm not a pro player so this is just my assumption but these sets will break cloak as usual, right?
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're not actually doing the tooltip in cyro. Probably about 3-4k after being cut in half, resistances etc.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    proc sets sell DLCs, duh!
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just hoping it breaks cloak....
    Edited by jaime1982 on February 21, 2018 4:14PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone I know who's tried Zaan in openworld PvP says that it's more fun/funny than it is effective. Haven't tried it out yet myself.

I've yet to die to any of these sets, but I've only PvPed about 9-10 hours since patch. We'll see if they become more prevalent.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone I know who's tried Zaan in openworld PvP says that it's more fun/funny than it is effective. Haven't tried it out yet myself.

I've yet to die to any of these sets, but I've only PvPed about 9-10 hours since patch. We'll see if they become more prevalent.

I agree with this... ive been running zaan on my magicka DK just because i find it a bit amusing .... i use empowering chains as they are trying to run/streak away... more on the lines of just trolling people ... I've gotten a few kills with it ... but the damage from what I've seen is 1k-4k ticks
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on February 21, 2018 4:19PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still sticking to Shacklebreaker and Lich. I'm not sacrificing sustain for some damage and measly negative effect that can be purged.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still sticking to Shacklebreaker and Lich. I'm not sacrificing sustain for some damage and measly negative effect that can be purged.

Shacklebreaker/ caluurion/ skoria on mag dk seems legit.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate the new proc sets, but not because they do crazy damage. I just wish the set designers would actually come up with interesting ideas instead of this boring free damage junk.

I'm starting to feel the same way about them as I felt about the makers of pokemon B/W- they're clearly out of good design ideas, so they're just making dumb stuff like a pile of garbage and an ice cream cone now.

rip decibel
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do the mag sets do in pve dps tho?
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's too much movement in pvp for Zaan to tick to its full potential. You also have to proc it off a light or heavy attack which breaks rotations. People just move out of range and an 18 second cool down is a lifetime in pvp.

Thorvukun is good to desecrate a certain area but once again there's too much movement for it to be effective. People just move out of the way.

So please actually test and use the sets in action first before calling for nerfs. It's misleading to just post random nerf threads without actually using the damn sets. Sick and tired of nerf threads for L2P issues that end up nerfing fun and not power.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    There's too much movement in pvp for Zaan to tick to its full potential. You also have to proc it off a light or heavy attack which breaks rotations. People just move out of range and an 18 second cool down is a lifetime in pvp.

Thorvukun is good to desecrate a certain area but once again there's too much movement for it to be effective. People just move out of the way.

So please actually test and use the sets in action first before calling for nerfs. It's misleading to just post random nerf threads without actually using the damn sets. Sick and tired of nerf threads for L2P issues that end up nerfing fun and not power.

You need to either be set up for kiting or tanking to utilize zaan. You also need a snare, gap closer, and a CC that goes through block. It’s something you build around because it’s that strong and if you make a build to utilize its full potential then oh boy...
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 21, 2018 5:45PM
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak for plague slinger because I haven't seen it yet (although it sounds like it's dodgeable/purgeable), but all of these new proc sets are easily counterable/avoidable. Nothing like the free and easy bonus damage that viper/tremorscale/red mountain provided.
    Edited by Trinotops on February 21, 2018 8:02PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

You need to either be set up for kiting or tanking to utilize zaan. You also need a snare, gap closer, and a CC that goes through block. It’s something you build around because it’s that strong and if you make a build to utilize its full potential then oh boy...

Basically: MDK. Lol
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Yeah, mDK looks tough with zaan.

I think it looks best on mageblade, particularly DW or SnB. Lotus(gap closer+snare), fear(cc through block), and cloak+shade(kiting).

I don’t think it looks terrible on magplar since sweeps and toppling can punish block and kiting respectively and obviously magplar has the ability to survive between procs, maybe pop spell wall then go offensive while zaan is up and melt someone while you’re basically invincible. Maybe rock Acuity front bar and line up the zaan+Acuity procs and delete people.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Yeah, mDK looks tough with zaan.

I think it looks best on mageblade, particularly DW or SnB. Lotus(gap closer+snare), fear(cc through block), and cloak+shade(kiting).

I don’t think it looks terrible on magplar since sweeps and toppling can punish block and kiting respectively and obviously magplar has the ability to survive between procs, maybe pop spell wall then go offensive while zaan is up and melt someone while you’re basically invincible. Maybe rock Acuity front bar and line up the zaan+Acuity procs and delete people.

Silence!!!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't really tried any of the new 5 Piece sets yet, but Zaan feel like more of a novelty than anything.

I swapped it in for Blood Spawn on my stam sorc for a couple of Battleground games, and I think it net me a grand total of two kills.
    Even as the fastest damn thing in the game, people were still able to break the tether, despite my efforts to stick to them and keep them snared.

You can build around Zaan and probably get some good results in 1v1 situations, but beyond that, you are going to haave sub-par performance.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    I hate the new proc sets, but not because they do crazy damage. I just wish the set designers would actually come up with interesting ideas instead of this boring free damage junk.

I'm starting to feel the same way about them as I felt about the makers of pokemon B/W- they're clearly out of good design ideas, so they're just making dumb stuff like a pile of garbage and an ice cream cone now.

I mean, gen 1 Pokemon design included a magnet as a mon so you can't really discriminate based on the inanimate nature of the design. Just saying.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Haven't really tried any of the new 5 Piece sets yet, but Zaan feel like more of a novelty than anything.

I swapped it in for Blood Spawn on my stam sorc for a couple of Battleground games, and I think it net me a grand total of two kills.
    Even as the fastest damn thing in the game, people were still able to break the tether, despite my efforts to stick to them and keep them snared.

You can build around Zaan and probably get some good results in 1v1 situations, but beyond that, you are going to haave sub-par performance.

Let me put it this way, how many kills does ice heart give anyone?

Then on flag games, with a tanky spec, you're gonna own that space, either they get out of the flag zone or die to Zaan. It's a win win.

Again it's not about killing everyone all the time. It's about circumstances. Literally Dive was not killing the majority of players, but those that were weak to it were really weak, same goes with Zaan. It practically makes immobile builds obsolete
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Let me put it this way, how many kills does ice heart give anyone?

Then on flag games, with a tanky spec, you're gonna own that space, either they get out of the flag zone or die to Zaan. It's a win win.

Again it's not about killing everyone all the time. It's about circumstances. Literally Dive was not killing the majority of players, but those that were weak to it were really weak, same goes with Zaan. It practically makes immobile builds obsolete

I should probably clarify that it was two kills that I wouldn't have otherwise gotten through simply smacking them with my sword. They were both cases where I just got a proc during a brawl, and it melted the opponent down.

I agree that for stationary fights the set certainly ticks all the boxes, but it feels nowhere near as broken as Viper + Tremorscale did. You aren't hitting one ability and chunking someone for 50% of their health with no counterplay.

The only real change I feel Zaan could do with is cutting the range of the proc down to 8 meters, just to emphasise the appropriate steps that you need to take when it procs on you.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just took 23k dmg in 2 seconds (3 ticks) from zaan, nope, totally not broken ...
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Just took 23k dmg in 2 seconds (3 ticks) from zaan, nope, totally not broken ...

But but but ... my poor weak widdle MDK can’t burst without it! I’ll be useless if they nerf this set! I might as well delete my character now!!!!!!

:lol:
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

... How? I don't doubt you, but I feel like this is a user end issue resulting from a bad build or lack of CP.

BG: It took the full 6s to take 18k on my MDK, and that is because I couldn't mist due to relic. Assuming I was blocking and mitigated 55% of what I would non block, full damage would be 40k as punishment for standing in stupid. Then if I mist 40 x 0.25 would be 10k. Less if I has used talons, which is 15% mit. I assume in CP it'd be around the same, their defense and my offense cancelling. But

If you can't outplay a ST melee range proc, you have issues. If I was a templar i'd purge. An NB, cloak, a sorc, streak. Tada, all damage gone with a cooldown too.

The tooltip is 4648 on DK. half so 2324, then that increasing should be (2324)+(2324*1.5)+(2324*1.5*1.5) You know what, i'll even throw in exploiter, dunmer passive, flame staff and engulfing. The max it can get with that is 14292 in 3 ticks assuming absolutely no resistance and either noCP or no resultant CP. It'd be ±10% at max CP even if his CP was spec'd into it better. With resists it will go down heavily. With skill, it should go down completely :*

The only reason it should kill you is as an Xv1 or as part of a well timed hit in an organized (i.e. too much hiding/misting etc gets you dq'd. In which case zaan is probably banned) duel vs a DK, as a class with no counters to it.
    Edited by ak_pvp on February 23, 2018 5:07AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

... How? I don't doubt you, but I feel like this is a user end issue resulting from a bad build or lack of CP.

BG: It took the full 6s to take 18k on my MDK, and that is because I couldn't mist due to relic. Assuming I was blocking and mitigated 55% of what I would non block, full damage would be 40k as punishment for standing in stupid. Then if I mist 40 x 0.25 would be 10k. Less if I has used talons, which is 15% mit. I assume in CP it'd be around the same, their defense and my offense cancelling. But

If you can't outplay a ST melee range proc, you have issues. If I was a templar i'd purge. An NB, cloak, a sorc, streak. Tada, all damage gone with a cooldown too.

The tooltip is 4648 on DK. half so 2324, then that increasing should be (2324)+(2324*1.5)+(2324*1.5*1.5) You know what, i'll even throw in exploiter, dunmer passive, flame staff and engulfing. The max it can get with that is 14292 in 3 ticks assuming absolutely no resistance and either noCP or no resultant CP. It'd be ±10% at max CP even if his CP was spec'd into it better. With resists it will go down heavily. With skill, it should go down completely :*

The only reason it should kill you is as an Xv1 or as part of a well timed hit in an organized (i.e. too much hiding/misting etc gets you dq'd. In which case zaan is probably banned) duel vs a DK, as a class with no counters to it.

I heard that Mechanical Acuity allows procs to crit, so that could explain the higher damage. If that's true, there is some synergy between Zaan and Mechanical Acuity, courtesy of the 15s cooldown light/heavy attack crit activation of Zaan's 5s proc effect and Mechanical Acuity's 18s cooldown of 5s of guaranteed crit. I would test it, but I don't have either set :#
    Edited by Yiko on February 23, 2018 6:15AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yiko wrote: »

I heard that Mechanical Acuity allows procs to crit, so that could explain the higher damage. If that's true, there is some synergy between Zaan and Mechanical Acuity, courtesy of the 15s cooldown light/heavy attack crit activation of Zaan's 5s proc effect and Mechanical Acuity's 18s cooldown of 5s of guaranteed crit. I would test it, but I don't have either set :#

It does not
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it a BG with the power up?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´m more scared of a build that utilizes Doylemish than the other/new proc-sets to be honest.......That set is strong af if used correctly....
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I´m more scared of a build that utilizes Doylemish than the other/new proc-sets to be honest.......That set is strong af if used correctly....

Still procs of bow HA?

As for caluurion, on a dummy I managed 70k in 2.5s with a HA+inferno+prox+ rotation on a MDK. No outside buffs either. Just from hidden to full dmg.

This was with really bad setup as well. Purple Like 2 shackle, 2 valkyn (no hit) 3 sun and 5 caluurion. I can easily enough get a full gank for 100k on dummy with proper gear. So around 30/40k in 2s in practice. All impen.

Planning 5 spinner, 1 kena or domi and 5 caluurion.

MA, Proxi, FOO, Empower, heavy attack, spam pulse until dead. Most chance caluurion will proc of first pulse and they will be rip.

MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Still procs of bow HA?

As for caluurion, on a dummy I managed 70k in 2.5s with a HA+inferno+prox+ rotation on a MDK. No outside buffs either. Just from hidden to full dmg.

This was with really bad setup as well. Purple Like 2 shackle, 2 valkyn (no hit) 3 sun and 5 caluurion. I can easily enough get a full gank for 100k on dummy with proper gear. So around 30/40k in 2s in practice. All impen.

Planning 5 spinner, 1 kena or domi and 5 caluurion.

MA, Proxi, FOO, Empower, heavy attack, spam pulse until dead. Most chance caluurion will proc of first pulse and they will be rip.

Think they changed so that it only procs of melee heavy attacks before it went live.
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    I see you guys haven't dueled a magdk with Zaan and a combination of either duroks/caluurion/redmountain/surge and ice staff backbar.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg