The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Some thoughts on the extremely popular ebonshadow style staff

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of the Soul Shriven Staff. Minimalist and functional.
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    I like Hollowjack for destruction staves, it looks like a 2 pronged pitchfork and at the same time has something of a modernistic stylized devil's head, properly evil. Glass is great too, and for healing staves I always found Nord a good choice as it looks like a halfbreed between a Rod of Asclepius and a Caduceus, which seems a nice poke at the common confusion that often exists about these 2 symbols.

As for Ebonshadow, to me it looks like something from the bottom of a (very large) cereal box. About as convincing as a Power Rangers sword.
  • esocrafter86
    esocrafter86
    Soul Shriven
    Ebonshadow is gorgeous, so elegant for a healer’s staff. I also really love buoyant armiger for a destro staff.
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    Staff envy is a real problem.
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the ebonshadow because for me it's the only one that appropriately suits a vampire lord.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I'm a bit unconventional then, I like the Assassin Staff.

Assassins-Legacy-Ruby-Ash-Staff.jpg

I have it as my flame staff and imagine that when heated, I'm slapping my enemies in the face.

chappelle_rick-james-slap.gif

Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Try Frost Caster or Buoyant Armiger....... both are nice staves :)

e1ezd5.png

2py7wn8.png

Well I like them :)

O M G an ice staff and a vampire, yet standing in the sun.... I can't imagine how many staves you go through.
    Eddyble wrote: »

I have it as my flame staff and imagine that when heated, I'm slapping my enemies in the face.

That there is the problem. In PvP, I would spend so much time in close range casting light attacks that my group would boot me.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on February 21, 2018 5:38PM
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When friends ask me to make them a staff and they "don't care about the style", I make them this style because it hilariously looks like a damn glove tied to a stick. The tooltip thumbnail looks even more goofy. Gotta admit that it's grown on me despite starting off as a joke.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought the ebonshadow staff looked too unwieldy. Now the Daggerfall Covenant (lion) staves or Ebonheart Pact (dragon) staves... those are functional and beautiful.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to run a Single Target/Boss Bar and an AoE/Trash bar. I like to use a Khajiit or Akavari motif on the AoE bar so I can see at a glance to the weapon what bar I am on. For the single target, I just pick something cool looking, as long as it is not the same as the AoE staff.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually use the low level Breton staff because it looks like a spear
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

At the very least, you can scratch the hell out of their back with that one. :D

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Therefore, i want to give some advice. Please give us ability on adjusting the size of our weapon, and if possible, on certain parts of our weapons. I can only speak for the staff users . i would be very much like to make the staff look longer and the decoration clearer. I dont want to see all ranged dps using the same look staff as it was before.

I like that idea. I for one don't use the Ebonshadow staff, even though I really like its general look. But for me, it is just too big. If we could adjust the size to be larger or smaller, it would be way more appealing.
    Edited by feyii on February 22, 2018 11:52AM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the Assassin's style Staff as a healing staff. I like to imagine giving my groupmates a helping...hand xD xD
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

When the outfit system drops on console maybe I will make my character look like peter griffin :D:D:D
    Edited by Eddyble on February 22, 2018 3:44PM
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

When the outfit system drops on console maybe I will make my character look like peter griffin :D:D:D

I LOST IT :D:D:D
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Mitrenga
      Mitrenga
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I do not like that staff, at all.
      Although I'm a DC, I can admit that Pact staves look pretty cool.
    • Azurya
      Azurya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      besides, it is a crow on the ebonshadow staff