The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Dragonknight Build PVP Dragonbones

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Areloth wrote: »
    The new generation of proc-tatoes

Sadly it is the only way Magicka DKs can burst hard enough.
    But this build is not only proc, it has sustain, damage, defense, works with DoTs and off balance...its not easy to play.

As you said, know your weakness and work a ways around it.

So, MagDK can now burst, tank, mitigate a ton of damage, and heal to full with every power lash.

Balanced!

Lol I’m guessing u aren’t good at pvp if your saying magdk is balanced or op.

Tf? Im guessing you dont pvp at all of think mdk isnt OP.

Incoming angry wings flapping from DK main.

Daily reminder MagDK is literally the worst class for OW PvP tied with a Magplar. Worst sustain, worst defense:damage tradeoffs and worst mobility. Read, nothing. An ocassionally buggy gapcloser =/= mobility. Good luck getting from tree to tree or disengaing with that. Same with mist. Its tragic.

Daily reminder DK is a tank class. ZOS's own words, and so has no viable in class defense. Just try using only wings+heal. Nb can do that with just cloak+heal.

B-but that destro/resto build smashes potatoes real good and has good sustain/survivability. The build uses elemental drain and heal ward for its sustain/defense. If that constitutes good, then lets nerf all other classes sustain/defenses to DK level and tell them to use that. Deal?

DK is completely disgusting in a duel though. Zaan and more power whips (generally) and exploiter. And they do OK in BG, despite the healer stacking magden/plar meta.

Lol get outta here... is this a serious post? Hahaha! You're comedy man
  • Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    FYI, nirn resto is better than powered

[...]

Furthermore. Dragons blood isn’t gonna keep you alive on your resto bar because it’s not a large heal, gets crushed by defiles, and you can’t block cast it for any real amount of time on that bar. IMO, if you’re running resto you really should slot Healing Ward and use that shield+embers heal. Since Healing Ward scales off spell power this gives another notch to Nirn

You got a point there - main reason to play dragonblood was because I was running destro backbar in the past.
    Changed to Healing ward.

@Rainingblood : Also your comment makes sense, without dragonblood on backbar I dont need crit on backbar and can put in on frontbar where it makes more sense.

bars.jpg
    Edited by Areloth on February 21, 2018 2:54PM
  • Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭
    the problem I see with Caluurion on a mDK is it doesn't work with AOEs, only single-targeted magicka skills

so you better check out what skills count as single target and multi target

for example, in your build link you got 4 single target skills and they have to crit

I actually think thats a good thing. I don't want caluurion to hit a random person. It should hit the one I am whipping and putting pressure on.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But this build is not only proc, it has sustain, damage, defense, works with DoTs and off balance...its not easy to play.

So, MagDK can now burst, tank, mitigate a ton of damage, and heal to full with every power lash.

Balanced!

Incoming angry wings flapping from DK main.

Daily reminder MagDK is literally the worst class for OW PvP tied with a Magplar. Worst sustain, worst defense:damage tradeoffs and worst mobility. Read, nothing. An ocassionally buggy gapcloser =/= mobility. Good luck getting from tree to tree or disengaing with that. Same with mist. Its tragic.

Daily reminder DK is a tank class. ZOS's own words, and so has no viable in class defense. Just try using only wings+heal. Nb can do that with just cloak+heal.

B-but that destro/resto build smashes potatoes real good and has good sustain/survivability. The build uses elemental drain and heal ward for its sustain/defense. If that constitutes good, then lets nerf all other classes sustain/defenses to DK level and tell them to use that. Deal?

DK is completely disgusting in a duel though. Zaan and more power whips (generally) and exploiter. And they do OK in BG, despite the healer stacking magden/plar meta.

Lol get outta here... is this a serious post? Hahaha! You're comedy man

Not DK fault if you don't know already widely known counters to them. Especially if you are a stam build outside of gank builds that try to 1v1 open world.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭
    Im waiting for the day when 1H&S Mag Dks learn you lose so much damage for not running Destro or Dual Wield.

P.S Shatter Rocks got nerfed really hard with the Whip cooldown. Its better to run Fossilize
    Edited by Gorrest on February 22, 2018 5:30AM
    -PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD Mag Sorc, Edrene Kingsley
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
    EP Stam Sorc, Elder Procs Online
    DC Stam DK, One Shot Online
  • Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭
    Gorrest wrote: »
    Im waiting for the day when 1H&S Mag Dks learn you lose so much damage for not running Destro or Dual Wield.

P.S Shatter Rocks got nerfed really hard with the Whip cooldown. Its better to run Fossilize

But anyways I deal 10% more damage to all enemies set offbalance...with fossilize everyone breaks free and dodge rolls afterwards because of the immobilize what will let them dodge the powerlash...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I came to this thread rather than create a new one. I just moved my DK from tanking to BGs.

What about something like 5 piece fortified brass, 5 piece spinners or burning spell weave (dw swords // 5L 1H 1M)? What poisons or enchants should be on the swords? What monster set would complement this? Back bar I want to run vma resto.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came to this thread rather than create a new one. I just moved my DK from tanking to BGs.

What about something like 5 piece fortified brass, 5 piece spinners or burning spell weave (dw swords // 5L 1H 1M)? What poisons or enchants should be on the swords? What monster set would complement this? Back bar I want to run vma resto.

I think heavy shacklebreaker outperforms light fortified brass. But that might just be my opinion.
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    This build will have no damage against mid to high level people. Stats are to low, 37k max mag and 3.1k spell damage buffed is not enough to burst people down especially now that power lash is dodgeable.

Guy is considered one of the best, if not the best, mag DK on ps4 EU. I can guarentee that he knows what hes doing (I also never saw him actually on any other char besides his mag DK lol)
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think heavy shacklebreaker outperforms light fortified brass. But that might just be my opinion.

Even with the loss of penetration? How is sustain on heavy armor? Please excuse as I've never played heavy armor in PvP.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For future reference, if ur playing magdk and you have over 2k regen unbuffed your damage is typically low.

Agreed, but you also have to consider the vicious proc available here. Sure it won’t be viable in duels against top tier players, but most people build for open world setups where you’re using you over-sustain to mash pugs. He doesn’t need a 10k lash on someone when he can do 8k of proc burst from caluu and 3k from Skoria with a 5k lash

Nope, it doesn’t, not even close. Light brass has more resists and higher damage.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 22, 2018 4:04PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Its true. But when you lack any class defense and the passives are geared towards block/tanking, then it becomes quite necessary. Though many are using healing ward on account of how strong shields are as a whole.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Except I never ran a proc build and still manage to pack people up. ;)

That’s because you came up with a careful, well thought out build that incorporates damage, defense, and sustain of both stamina and Magicka that works well with your play style. You learned how to use your resources, and which abilities and combos work, and when to use them. You know what your build weaknesses are, and work around them to win a fight.

And it feels good, because you bloody earned it with experience and skill.

A proc-tato wears two or three proc sets and waits for his armour sets to win the fight for him. They generally remove 2/3rds or more hit points from an enemy in a proc. So, you hit one or two buttons and win. Thanks for this again ZOS.

Is that about as skilled as a MagSorc in PvP spamming Endless Fury and walking away? He just waits for his execute to proc and his passive execute to proc.

That being said: We need MOAR PROCS! I'd suggest Valkyn, Caluurion, and Flame Blossom... on a SnB build with a heavy helm and medium shoulders. Use nirnhoned sword and a nirnhoned shield. If ZoS refuses to give DKs an execute... well, just proc everyone to death.

:trollface:
    Edited by Savos_Saren on February 23, 2018 6:06PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know how Light Brass/Burning Spellweave/Valkyn performs on magicka dk right now?

• Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭

Its true. But when you lack any class defense and the passives are geared towards block/tanking, then it becomes quite necessary. Though many are using healing ward on account of how strong shields are as a whole.

I typically do the opposite and gain my tankiness from Whip Heap upkeep 100% of the time. With a 8.5k Shield from Harness I do fairly well.

evOMH8n.png

-PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For future reference, if ur playing magdk and you have over 2k regen unbuffed your damage is typically low.

Agreed, but you also have to consider the vicious proc available here. Sure it won’t be viable in duels against top tier players, but most people build for open world setups where you’re using you over-sustain to mash pugs. He doesn’t need a 10k lash on someone when he can do 8k of proc burst from caluu and 3k from Skoria with a 5k lash

Nope, it doesn’t, not even close. Light brass has more resists and higher damage.

Light brass might work for your playstyle, but the top mag DKs that are besting people in BGs on console are running heavy armor. I know because I play with them lol
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I typically do the opposite and gain my tankiness from Whip Heap upkeep 100% of the time. With a 8.5k Shield from Harness I do fairly well.

evOMH8n.png

Power lash has a cooldown and can be dodged now. Good luck with that.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

evOMH8n.png

They’re probably going to do it when you’re fossilized, perma-rooted, or chained back to them.

They get it in More often than you think, and then it’s heal to full time!
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

evOMH8n.png

Heal still happens whether the attack is dodged or not, and if you take a look at the cooldown it's less than the heal duration.

Just saying.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

I was working on my new Dragonbones Magicka DK Build for pvp the last days.
    This is a solo play or small group pvp build with good sustain, good defense and high damage.
    I would like to hear what you think about it and see any possibility to improve it.

I plan to run 5 Shacklebreaker, 2 Skoria and 5 Caluurion's Legacy. (5L/1M/1H), 1HS+Resto.
    Withmother potent brew, triple pots and boon Atronach.
    Sword nirnhoned, resto powered for higher Dragonblood heals.
    I think for Dragonbones, shattering rocks will be the better morph - people will maybe not dodge roll after breaking free and deals AOE + I am able to set several players off balance and powerlash them.
    Buffed Data:
    DB.jpg
    bars.jpg
    set_1.jpg set2.jpg

Here a Link to the actual build and the CP split, skills etc.
    en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=41316

Flames of oblivion on the backbar can be changed for elusive mist for 1vsX, for duels definitely flames of oblivion.

Nice.. impressive stats. So, this is why so many are getting wrecked by MagDK. What raises my eyebrow is how you're getting over 3k spell dam and over 2k recovery at the same time. Ideally, setup for build aren't made to have both high spell and mag recovery. It's normally a give and take. I have ran practically all mag classes and at most without buff, my spell dam would hit about 22-2300, but that is with all 3 spell dam glyphs and the Apprentice, and includes the racial passives and the extra from the 5-piece sets. Even with 5-Julianos and Spinner, 3 spell glyphs and Apprentice, you'll only be around 2300; with buff, you'll probably hit 2900. However, with this, the mag recovery won't break 800.

Likewise, on the flipside, if you throw on 3 mag recovery glyphs, the Atronach and what extra recovery you get from the 5-piece, sure, you can hit over 2k mag recovery, but the spell dam would suffer and be at its best around 1800-2k. Your pic and stats look very good and all, but it just doesn't add up.
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭

They’re probably going to do it when you’re fossilized, perma-rooted, or chained back to them.

They get it in More often than you think, and then it’s heal to full time!

Dodge Roll actually, I find using the Whip as a CC is usually better than putting on CC to save space on my Bars for better skills.
    -PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

Nice.. impressive stats. So, this is why so many are getting wrecked by MagDK. What raises my eyebrow is how you're getting over 3k spell dam and over 2k recovery at the same time. Ideally, setup for build aren't made to have both high spell and mag recovery. It's normally a give and take. I have ran practically all mag classes and at most without buff, my spell dam would hit about 22-2300, but that is with all 3 spell dam glyphs and the Apprentice, and includes the racial passives and the extra from the 5-piece sets. Even with 5-Julianos and Spinner, 3 spell glyphs and Apprentice, you'll only be around 2300; with buff, you'll probably hit 2900. However, with this, the mag recovery won't break 800.

Likewise, on the flipside, if you throw on 3 mag recovery glyphs, the Atronach and what extra recovery you get from the 5-piece, sure, you can hit over 2k mag recovery, but the spell dam would suffer and be at its best around 1800-2k. Your pic and stats look very good and all, but it just doesn't add up.

Sorry for double post, but those stats I assume is fully buffed because of the High Weapon Damage. So its Berserk+Continuous that will boost you up around 600 Spell Power. Since he is using Restro and most likely Infused, he can keep berserk up whenever he needs it.

-PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
  • Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    This build will have no damage against mid to high level people. Stats are to low, 37k max mag and 3.1k spell damage buffed is not enough to burst people down especially now that power lash is dodgeable.

Guy is considered one of the best, if not the best, mag DK on ps4 EU. I can guarentee that he knows what hes doing (I also never saw him actually on any other char besides his mag DK lol)

Thanks mate!
    I am not that active as I used to be and my mexican internet connection makes it nearly impossible to play. Nice to see I am still remembered :-)
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have tested Zaan and Caluurion on my mDK. Zaan doesn't seem to proc enough, seems more PVE-oriented which makes Skoria preferable in a PVP scenario or open world at least. Caluurion on the other hand is awesome in any magicka character. Off-topic: caluurion plus sorc overload = people drop like flies. Probably new meta for sorcerers.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have tested Zaan and Caluurion on my mDK. Zaan doesn't seem to proc enough, seems more PVE-oriented which makes Skoria preferable in a PVP scenario or open world at least. Caluurion on the other hand is awesome in any magicka character. Off-topic: caluurion plus sorc overload = people drop like flies. Probably new meta for sorcerers.

Caluurion, wizard riposte, infernal guardian on a mag sorc is gross. Shacklebreaker, caluurion, 1 domihaus is gross on a mag warden. The deep fissure, bird, light attack, caluurion, force pulse, light attack, force pulse is nasty too.
  • Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭
    This is now only standard buffed. (home scrolls + own ability buffs + triple pot active).
    I think the stats are very good, the passive damage with caluurion, skoria and flames of oblivion is really strong.
    I will play this build as soon as I have Caluurion (up from this weekend).
    If you want to check it out, i am going to upload some clips and a build video soon on my channel:
    https://youtube.com/user/wasgehtso

sets_skills.jpg
    stats.jpg
  • Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭

evOMH8n.png

That heal was actually bugged, was fixed yesterday. Now only 2 seconds again and 50% less...

Ardent Flame
    Searing Heat: Fixed an issue where Rank II of this passive ability was increasing the duration of the heal over time buff from Power Lash.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Balanced!

More than likely u only say it’s op because u prob get Uber stomped by magdks, that’s usually the only people who complain about it.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well drop that shield for DW if you're going resto back, imo
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

low stats didn't stop proctard stamblades from one shotting 30k hp tanks before...

Ok for one that was pre crit nerf and for two if u get one shotted at 30k u probably aren’t any good to begin with.