The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magicka Dragonknight Build PVP Dragonbones

Areloth
Areloth
✭✭✭
Hey guys,

I was working on my new Dragonbones Magicka DK Build for pvp the last days.
This is a solo play or small group pvp build with good sustain, good defense and high damage.
I would like to hear what you think about it and see any possibility to improve it.

I plan to run 5 Shacklebreaker, 2 Skoria and 5 Caluurion's Legacy. (5L/1M/1H), 1HS+Resto.
Withmother potent brew, triple pots and boon Atronach.
Sword nirnhoned, resto powered for higher Dragonblood heals.
I think for Dragonbones, shattering rocks will be the better morph - people will maybe not dodge roll after breaking free and deals AOE + I am able to set several players off balance and powerlash them.
Buffed Data:
DB.jpg
bars.jpg
set_1.jpg set2.jpg

Here a Link to the actual build and the CP split, skills etc.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=41316

Flames of oblivion on the backbar can be changed for elusive mist for 1vsX, for duels definitely flames of oblivion.
Edited by Areloth on February 20, 2018 4:53PM
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    How often do you see Calurions proc and how reliable is it?
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »

Hey Quantum,

as I said, I am planning this build, playing on PS4 so I hadn't the chance to try it yet.
    But it will proc every 10 seconds, damage tooltip will be around 19-20k and the status effects look decent.
    I think a skoria and Caluurion proc at the same time will hit very hard (~5k Skoria + 8k Caluurion).
    Would also like to know the experiences of other people playing with it, saw a video of a MagNB and it looked really reliable.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »

I'm curious about this myself as I was considering running this exact build, maybe on heavy armor though.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i started farming this set this past weekend, was planning on testing it with shackle as well as with brass ... so far have the shield and sash, gonna be a while i think to get the jewels for it... currently running 2x Zaan, 5x BsW and 5x Shackle
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on February 20, 2018 5:19PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new generation of proc-tatoes
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Except I never ran a proc build and still manage to pack people up. ;)
    Edited by Hutch679 on February 20, 2018 6:22PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aha. Now here is the proc set I expect to be causing people grief. I probably will run it with bloodthorn myself, but it has some very nasty tooltips.

MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

That’s because you came up with a careful, well thought out build that incorporates damage, defense, and sustain of both stamina and Magicka that works well with your play style. You learned how to use your resources, and which abilities and combos work, and when to use them. You know what your build weaknesses are, and work around them to win a fight.

And it feels good, because you bloody earned it with experience and skill.

A proc-tato wears two or three proc sets and waits for his armour sets to win the fight for him. They generally remove 2/3rds or more hit points from an enemy in a proc. So, you hit one or two buttons and win. Thanks for this again ZOS.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI, nirn resto is better than powered
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s because you came up with a careful, well thought out build that incorporates damage, defense, and sustain of both stamina and Magicka that works well with your play style. You learned how to use your resources, and which abilities and combos work, and when to use them. You know what your build weaknesses are, and work around them to win a fight.

And it feels good, because you bloody earned it with experience and skill.

A proc-tato wears two or three proc sets and waits for his armour sets to win the fight for him. They generally remove 2/3rds or more hit points from an enemy in a proc. So, you hit one or two buttons and win. Thanks for this again ZOS.

How do I hit "awesome" on this post twice? Lol
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minalan but what happens when I carefully craft a build to maximize my proc potential? Something Like Spinners(the pen improves proc damage)+caluu+zaan. Then I completely forego use of elfborn CP, instead stacking heavily into MAA, spell erosion, ele expert, and shattering blows. I’d need to run 3x regen glyphs and atro mundus for magika sustain and tri-food for stam sustain.

I could put that all on a DW mageblade and take advantage of minor berserk(merciless) and major berserker, and major breech/fracture(reapers mark) both of which boost proc set damage. Then I run charged resto with shock glyph and front bar sharpened swords.

That’s a well constructed build designed around procs, am I a potato if as a solo player I run this to maximize the amount of up front burst I can deliver on a class that normally has very backloaded burst potential? Imo, this setup is more well thought out than the builds most people run/copy and I don’t want to be labeled a potato for running it.

Edit: I understand the point you’re making about proc sets but there’s always a different perspective. In my case I can theorycraft a build to maximize my proc burst potential and use that to cover a weakness in my build. A lot of players use these proc sets this way. There’s also the guy that knows he’s not elite but can throw on multiple procs and have some fun getting kills. It’s important to consider all that
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 20, 2018 8:25PM
  • Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I also thought so, but tooltip with:
    - powered: 6922
    - nirnhoned: 7107

Healing in cyrodiil:
    - powered: 58,9%
    - nirnhoned: 54%

powered: 6922*58,9%= 4077
    nirnhoned: 7107*54%= 3837

-->powered is better!
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minalan but what happens when I carefully craft a build to maximize my proc potential? Something Like Spinners(the pen improves proc damage)+caluu+zaan. Then I completely forego use of elfborn CP, instead stacking heavily into MAA, spell erosion, ele expert, and shattering blows. I’d need to run 3x regen glyphs and atro mundus for magika sustain and tri-food for stam sustain.

I could put that all on a DW mageblade and take advantage of minor berserk(merciless) and major berserker, and major breech/fracture(reapers mark) both of which boost proc set damage. Then I run charged resto with shock glyph and front bar sharpened swords.

That’s a well constructed build designed around procs, am I a potato if as a solo player I run this to maximize the amount of up front burst I can deliver on a class that normally has very backloaded burst potential? Imo, this setup is more well thought out than the builds most people run/copy and I don’t want to be labeled a potato for running it.

Edit: I understand the point you’re making about proc sets but there’s always a different perspective. In my case I can theorycraft a build to maximize my proc burst potential and use that to cover a weakness in my build. A lot of players use these proc sets this way. There’s also the guy that knows he’s not elite but can throw on multiple procs and have some fun getting kills. It’s important to consider all that

How many buttons are you pressing to instajib someone? My guess is: not many.

Sure the first guy to theorycraft a one shot build is clever, but how many people are ‘good’ who just copy off of your YouTube video?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Areloth wrote: »

Healing in cyrodiil:

-->powered is better!

Wouldn't nirn be useful for maintaining damage though?
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Healing in cyrodiil:

-->powered is better!

Except you also have DoTs running while you’re on back bar. For example, embers will give a bigger heal with nirn back bar because it will tick harder and build up more overall damage. Given that you’ll put out more damage from all your DoTs and recoup the lost healing by increasing your embers heal I think to me it’s pretty clear that nirn is the superior choice here.

Furthermore. Dragons blood isn’t gonna keep you alive on your resto bar because it’s not a large heal, gets crushed by defiles, and you can’t block cast it for any real amount of time on that bar. IMO, if you’re running resto you really should slot Healing Ward and use that shield+embers heal. Since Healing Ward scales off spell power this gives another notch to Nirn
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 20, 2018 8:34PM
  • Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭

Sadly it is the only way Magicka DKs can burst hard enough.
    But this build is not only proc, it has sustain, damage, defense, works with DoTs and off balance...its not easy to play.

As you said, know your weakness and work a ways around it.
    Edited by Areloth on February 20, 2018 8:54PM
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build will have no damage against mid to high level people. Stats are to low, 37k max mag and 3.1k spell damage buffed is not enough to burst people down especially now that power lash is dodgeable.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For future reference, if ur playing magdk and you have over 2k regen unbuffed your damage is typically low.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But this build is not only proc, it has sustain, damage, defense, works with DoTs and off balance...its not easy to play.

So, MagDK can now burst, tank, mitigate a ton of damage, and heal to full with every power lash.

Balanced!

• zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, MagDK can now burst, tank, mitigate a ton of damage, and heal to full with every power lash.

Balanced!

Lol I’m guessing u aren’t good at pvp if your saying magdk is balanced or op.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Balanced!

Also literally every class that isn’t a stamblade has the ability to do most of which you describe but only better FYI.
  • Areloth
    Areloth
    ✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    This build will have no damage against mid to high level people. Stats are to low, 37k max mag and 3.1k spell damage buffed is not enough to burst people down especially now that power lash is dodgeable.

I am playing pretty much the same build with Flame blossom instead of Caluurion at the moment and I burst the *** out of people already.
    There is valkyn, Caluurion/Falme blossom, Exhale from deep breath, flames of oblivion and several dots which damage you all at the same time + whips and ultimate.
    If you time that with fossilize you literally nuke people down, believe me.
    Here a video of some random fights, not the best ones.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=IWq9FTBP0Co&t=417s
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Balanced!

Tf? Im guessing you dont pvp at all of think mdk isnt OP.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Balanced!

Also literally every class that isn’t a stamblade has the ability to do most of which you describe but only better FYI.

Bet your two characters you play are a mag dk and a stam blade which is why your e saying every other class is better lol
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the problem I see with Caluurion on a mDK is it doesn't work with AOEs, only single-targeted magicka skills

so you better check out what skills count as single target and multi target

for example, in your build link you got 4 single target skills and they have to crit

Edited by SpiderCultist on February 20, 2018 11:16PM
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Balanced!

Tf? Im guessing you dont pvp at all of think mdk isnt OP.

Incoming angry wings flapping from DK main.

Daily reminder MagDK is literally the worst class for OW PvP tied with a Magplar. Worst sustain, worst defense:damage tradeoffs and worst mobility. Read, nothing. An ocassionally buggy gapcloser =/= mobility. Good luck getting from tree to tree or disengaing with that. Same with mist. Its tragic.

Daily reminder DK is a tank class. ZOS's own words, and so has no viable in class defense. Just try using only wings+heal. Nb can do that with just cloak+heal.

B-but that destro/resto build smashes potatoes real good and has good sustain/survivability. The build uses elemental drain and heal ward for its sustain/defense. If that constitutes good, then lets nerf all other classes sustain/defenses to DK level and tell them to use that. Deal?

DK is completely disgusting in a duel though. Zaan and more power whips (generally) and exploiter. And they do OK in BG, despite the healer stacking magden/plar meta.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the problem I see with Caluurion on a mDK is it doesn't work with AOEs, only single-targeted magicka skills

so you better check out what skills count as single target and multi target

for example, in your build link you got 4 single target skills and they have to crit

Does it proc of dots, if so whoo boyo.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

low stats didn't stop proctard stamblades from one shotting 30k hp tanks before...
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    At first glance, if you're heavily weighting your build on a set that procs on crits, wouldn't you want your spell crit a lot higher than that?
    Phoebe Anderson
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

low stats didn't stop proctard stamblades from one shotting 30k hp tanks before...

I don't disagree at all, and think Caluurion is OP as all heck, like viper 2.0. But I doubt it'd be a rerun of the 1 button murders NBs could do reliably/repeatedly.

Skoria/zaan doesn't proc that easily vs tumorscale/viper/widow, so I doubt many instakills will happen. Nor do they have the instantaneous up again. Skoria you'll have to wait for dots, and zaan has an 18s cooldown and deals over time.

That said I am going to abuse some scrubs with a high crit leap, whip, dead combo. Or Pre up FOO, maybe proxy for some small extra damage, foss, whip, dead. DK has been a bit eh for a while honestly so I am going to abuse the heck out of it whilst I can. MagNB will probably do so better with cloak though.
    At first glance, if you're heavily weighting your build on a set that procs on crits, wouldn't you want your spell crit a lot higher than that?

If he shifts FOO to the front and talons/foss behind then he has 49% crit, which will do quite nicely.
    Edited by ak_pvp on February 21, 2018 3:18AM
    Best houseknight EU.