Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Coolest looking staff?

• SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Akaviri style is probably my favorite, I really like the Redoran too.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact style looks awesome, reminds me Morrowind silver staff but more draconian in design.
    TES_III.png
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you keep the moondancer glow effect when you change staves? I tried to change it but the glow goes away :neutral:
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tend to prefer the more simple and subdued look. Really liking Ancient Elf Staff 1 for my Lightning vMA staff, and Wood Elf Staff 2 for Inferno staves. Dye the gems on top to match the colors of the element, and it's almost like they were made for each other :)
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's probably Ancient Orc. It's a bit cheese, but I like it.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Militant Ordinator
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asassin guild staff. If someone being stupid, you can reach out and slap them from 2m away. Itching on the back where your arm can't reach? Use the assassin staff. Love animal but has allergy? Pet them with the assassin staff. Light is out of reach but too lazy to get up from the bed? Use the assassin staff... Sooo... many thing you can do with the assassin staff.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on February 18, 2018 6:10AM
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redoran.

Re-door-un. Not redderin, FFS.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glass, Ebonshadow, Celestial, and all the alliance-themed staves. They all look amazing.

• Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul shriven easy
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moondancer
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Skeletor one :D
    PC
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Is there a style where the staff has a traditional crystal ball on top?

Dwemer has a crystal ball but with things around it.
    Imperial ha a crystal but not ball-y.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skinchanger looks OP
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main, templar healer, uses simple 4th tier altmer staff.
    My MagDK uses Xyvkin.
    My Sorcerer Healer (Khajiit) uses Twilight Remedy morphed into 4th tier khajiit.
    My NB Heal (dunmer) wears dark shaman and uses the only staff with big crimson crystal - dunmer 4th tier. Waitng for something cooler.
    My MagSorc uses Telvanni cuz he is one of them.
    My Warden healer uses Primal 2th tier. (with azure crystal)
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Apostle and Ebonshadow look really dope.

I agree there. All the weapons look class. Although I do prefer the Ebonshadow ones :)
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really like the militant ordinator style for staves.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonshadow B)
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lich staff.

I wish you could choose that as a visual option for staves. Moondancer glow on lich would be amazing.

I also lije akaviri and militant ordinator.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim Harlequin
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Assassin's league or Dark brotherhood, not sure which one but the staff is a hand
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HollowJack or xivkyn for edge factor.

I do feel like the dark brotherhood one is handy.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing beats the Lich staff for me. Im kinda glad it cant be crafted either. Keeps its rarity high
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vosital wrote: »
    What Staff motif do you guys think looks the coolest?

tier 2 primal is the best.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    We have a Daedric motif, so we should also have an Aedric motif.

I'm pretty sure Celestial covers that. In d&d at least, "celestials" are kind of angelic/heavenly creatures-- counterparts to demons/devils. And I think it's safe to say "daedra" are the "demons" of TES universe.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 19, 2018 10:57AM
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dro-m'Athra.
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm another of the "I like plain sticks" crowd. The style I use most is Soul Shriven.
    Though I also like Skinchanger and Primal.

There have been some nice ones mentioned in this thread though. I'm going to be buying Assassin's League staves next.
    I still wish we had a style that had a staff that looks like Wabbajack.
    EU / NA / PC
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ebonshadow, Frostcaller, Ebonheart, Apostle, Dro-mathra... And Skinchanger.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueViolet wrote: »
    I'm another of the "I like plain sticks" crowd. The style I use most is Soul Shriven.
    Though I also like Skinchanger and Primal.

There have been some nice ones mentioned in this thread though. I'm going to be buying Assassin's League staves next.
    I still wish we had a style that had a staff that looks like Wabbajack.

Soul shriven looks great, a true wizards staff.

But I must insist, primal 2 is by far the best. Fits so many themes and motifs. It's simple enough that it doesn't look silly or gauche, akin to the soul shriven, but it has some detail to it, making it stand out. And it works for many themes. Daedric, elemental summoning, storm calling. It just looks badass.
    Primal-Beech-Staff-2.jpg
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've fallen in love with the Ra'Gada staff. Never bothered to craft a staff in this style because the icon doesn't really show what it looks like. But since we are able to preview even weapons with the outfit system, that one has become my favourite.