The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC EU VS NA

rteezy
rteezy
✭✭✭
Need an honest opinion...

i moved to EU, and my NA account has all the cp, sets, mounts...everything!

is it possible to play pvp from EU on NA servers without latency problems? even if i use wtfast or somethign like thjat?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I can not even play on eu in eu without latency problems. How much more you would notice it if you played on na I can't guess accurately, I only have low level characters there, so not done pvp or endgame pve stuff. I did not have noticably higher ping though, around 30 more. But I think in best circumstance you would not notice too much more then if you played in the region you physically at.

Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    No, I can not even play on eu in eu without latency problems. How much more you would notice it if you played on na I can't guess accurately, I only have low level characters there, so not done pvp or endgame pve stuff. I did not have noticably higher ping though, around 30 more. But I think in best circumstance you would not notice too much more then if you played in the region you physically at.

if ure not in germany, there might be a chance, latency is good on na. i heard from a couple of people in eu which also sometimes play on na, pvp performance would be better on na than in eu. actually the german internet infrastructure IS compared to other western countries really bad.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on February 17, 2018 2:59PM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

if ure not in germany, there might be a chance, latency is good on na. i heard from a couple of people in eu which also sometimes play on na, pvp performance would be better on na than in eu. actually the german internet infrastructure IS compared to other western countries really bad.

i get aroudn 170-200 ms in NA and aorund 100 in EU...i jsut dont want to get frustrated with bad latency :(
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No you can't, which I find to be extremely absurd. SWTOR used to have the same issue for a long while and the Devs excuse was that you can't trade information between nations or some bullshittery which is obviously not true, since they made it possible to transfer between servers a few years later.

I'd love to have some of my characters on NA servers to play every now and then and to take part in the occasional (well organized) duel tournament. I can't do that though because I'd have to grind literally from scratch. The fact that we can't transfer characters over is stupid.
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    No you can't, which I find to be extremely absurd. SWTOR used to have the same issue for a long while and the Devs excuse was that you can't trade information between nations or some bullshittery which is obviously not true, since they made it possible to transfer between servers a few years later.

I'd love to have some of my characters on NA servers to play every now and then and to take part in the occasional (well organized) duel tournament. I can't do that though because I'd have to grind literally from scratch. The fact that we can't transfer characters over is stupid.

well i know i cant transfer to EU (which is absurd, dumb, a rip-off, and unbilivable that is happening in 2018)...no one will want to farm all the cp..gear..mounts..achieves...buy all the dlcs...costumes...EVERYTHING all over again.

My point was, IF i could at least have the cp and the Store items available i woudl consider leveling all over again in EU..but since that is a no go ( BECAUSE $$$$$ TALKS)

i am forced to keep playign NA frrom eu...im jsut afraid the ms latency mighth be too bad to do it...(probably melee builds ar eout fo question...)
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it once, but once the server kicked me out for lag issues I switched back to EU. If I remember well it was something between 300 and 500 ms which in pvp means you're a dead before noticing.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »

well i know i cant transfer to EU (which is absurd, dumb, a rip-off, and unbilivable that is happening in 2018)...no one will want to farm all the cp..gear..mounts..achieves...buy all the dlcs...costumes...EVERYTHING all over again.

My point was, IF i could at least have the cp and the Store items available i woudl consider leveling all over again in EU..but since that is a no go ( BECAUSE $$$$$ TALKS)

i am forced to keep playign NA frrom eu...im jsut afraid the ms latency mighth be too bad to do it...(probably melee builds ar eout fo question...)

Yeah, 2018 and we still can't transfer in between servers.

@ZOS_GinaBruno where you at
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    is there ANYONE able to play a melee build form oplaying form EU on a NA account?
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few members of my guild are tranfers from EU playing on NA and seemingly play fine. I even here them conceed that they have less lag on NA at times than EU.

@Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO

Maybe can testify to this.
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    I know 2 people who live in the UK and created NA accounts which they continue to play with no issue. These guys are PVE only so if you want to PVE I would say yes its possible. For PVP I don't have any feedback for you I'm sorry. It would ultimately depend on your connection, how far you are from your exchange and the internet backbone. Do a traceroute and see how many hops it takes to get you to the ZOS game servers.

It takes me 7 hops to get to 195.122.154.1 which is EU Server.

I am only 1 hop away from telehouse in London so it only takes me 6 hops to get to Florida. When the servers are back online I will update with how many it takes to get to 198.20.198.110 which is NA Server.
    Edited by elfantasmo on February 19, 2018 10:03AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »

I started on NA from UK (was recommended at launch), and I played EU too from UK, it's not really a noticeable difference.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its harder to animation cancel and weave due to the ms so don't expect your max output to be as good however EU server performance (lag) is far worse compared to NA. If you are pvping specifically add on top of this the map imbalance and limited population times NA is by far preferable.

If you are someone who likes dueling and soloing or specifically high end pve its a tough call. It is measurably harder to do so on your non local server so maybe EU would be better for you.

The benefit of EU playing on NA is that there are also others with the same issues as you (AUS, JP etc) so its less of an imbalance and you fight against players with similar issues. I wouldnt recommend the other way around as much.

Personally I prefer NA overall (speaking as someone playing from EU) for all aspects of play and community but there are downsides.

Equally lvling again isn't really challenge. Feel free to contact me if you want to swap some stuff from NA to EU.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on February 19, 2018 8:45PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)