The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Battlegrounds since patch and beyond!

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    BS. You run dual wield or 2 hand? You have an execute.

Dual wield, without spin to win.

inb4 rending is your execute :lol:
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Only 42 kills? Those are rookie numbers!

nTEnm40.png

Jk man that looks like a good game. I did not know atmosphere was you.

yeah, getting kills when you are playing with a guardplar babysitting all match and debuffing with duroks, ends up with scores like that lol

No hate, but going to BGs with a group on tryhard mode with guard and such it will only end in pugstomping.
    Edited by ManDraKE on February 19, 2018 11:13PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Absolutely love em. People thinks no CP makes it more balanced, in reality it makes it less and exaggerates the imbalances. But. It makes it an even playing ground and faster paced (artificially).

Case in point:
    image.jpg

Only 42 kills? Those are rookie numbers!

nTEnm40.png

Jk man that looks like a good game. I did not know atmosphere was you.

You killed someone with Drain Health lol.

Yeah I use 2x health drain poisons in no cp and 2x dmg health poisons in CP
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to point out the glaring issues with BGs, no CP BGs and PVP in general.

Everyone claims that stamina is balanced. But...I don't see it.

Look at these two players screenshots. 40+ kills. Don't get me wrong I know both of them, and they are both absolutely amazing players who push the boundaries of any class and spec they put their hands on.

But they both take screenies, both highly prideful, that they rofl stomped BGs. As a magplar main for three years, this is ridiculous that stamina is able to get such high kills.

Non CP had encouraged even more stamina builds than it already did. Good luck playing a magplar, magdk, mag warden or magblade and getting kills like that. I don't care how good you are, it's not happening.

It's ok though, stamina toons like BGs due to how much all BG modes support everything stamina has to offer. Faster running for flag/ relic games and getting away from death in deathmatch. Superior healing through a massive hot that allows offensive play while they are healing. Superior damage mitigation through snare removal and dodge roll, more stamina to block with. Faster heavy attack animations for superior stamina regen. Superior ultimate, which is a high burst cheap ultimate that's instant...something no one except magdk and magblade have...Even then they are worse ultimates that DBOS.

All of these issues are compounded in no CP.

Since the majority or skilled PvPers have slowly been swapping to stamina for about a year and a half now, the amount of players who will accually make these issues known is very low. All of these players will state that magic is so much stronger or even balanced....while they continue to post 40+ kills images of BGs on the forums. Let me get the absolute best magplar NA to come to a BG and get 40 kills. Especially in no CP. Good luck!

Until we start to recognize these glaring issues, battlegrounds will continue to be dominated by stamina, with more and more magic players building to be the "supertank healers" these same stamina players complain about, when the stamina meta is the only reason the small amount of magic toons that are left build for tank...cept NBs and Magsorc...They get to still have fun
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    I want to point out the glaring issues with BGs, no CP BGs and PVP in general.

Everyone claims that stamina is balanced. But...I don't see it.

Look at these two players screenshots. 40+ kills. Don't get me wrong I know both of them, and they are both absolutely amazing players who push the boundaries of any class and spec they put their hands on.

But they both take screenies, both highly prideful, that they rofl stomped BGs. As a magplar main for three years, this is ridiculous that stamina is able to get such high kills.

Non CP had encouraged even more stamina builds than it already did. Good luck playing a magplar, magdk, mag warden or magblade and getting kills like that. I don't care how good you are, it's not happening.

It's ok though, stamina toons like BGs due to how much all BG modes support everything stamina has to offer. Faster running for flag/ relic games and getting away from death in deathmatch. Superior healing through a massive hot that allows offensive play while they are healing. Superior damage mitigation through snare removal and dodge roll, more stamina to block with. Faster heavy attack animations for superior stamina regen. Superior ultimate, which is a high burst cheap ultimate that's instant...something no one except magdk and magblade have...Even then they are worse ultimates that DBOS.

All of these issues are compounded in no CP.

Since the majority or skilled PvPers have slowly been swapping to stamina for about a year and a half now, the amount of players who will accually make these issues known is very low. All of these players will state that magic is so much stronger or even balanced....while they continue to post 40+ kills images of BGs on the forums. Let me get the absolute best magplar NA to come to a BG and get 40 kills. Especially in no CP. Good luck!

Until we start to recognize these glaring issues, battlegrounds will continue to be dominated by stamina, with more and more magic players building to be the "supertank healers" these same stamina players complain about, when the stamina meta is the only reason the small amount of magic toons that are left build for tank...cept NBs and Magsorc...They get to still have fun

I don;t disagree with this general sentiment.

But what you are writing is the consequence of overnerfing classes and then throwing them in a game-play environment designed for completely different parameters.

Stamina has always been strong in small scale and magplars have been nerfed such that it's a melee class with bad DPS and no means of preventing incoming damage. It's a terrible combination that basically screams roll an Argonian and be a pocket healer. As other poster have noted before, no CP does not magically fix these issues the way people who hate CP want to believe, rather it put them into sharper relief and magnifies them.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Baconlad

Stamina is not op. Dont compare magplar, a class clearly designed to excel at group support and healing, to builds oriented and created for solo and small scale pvp. Also, don't take those 40 kill bgs at face value. My point wasn't to demonstrate how OP stam sorc is, it was to demonstrate how imbalanced no CP pvp is. That BG was a perfect storm if you will, no pun intended. What you're seeing is the result of overwhelming dot pressure combined with 2 heal debuff support builds (duroks mag dk, mag warden). The thing OP in this scenario isn't the stam sorc. Its the heal debuff mechanics and sets that were created in context of CP healing, introduced into a controlled no CP environment. Its the heal debuffs amplifying the DoT pressure without champion points that is op. Not any one thing in isolation. That and also a pre made 3 man group vs pugs, even if in my screenshot most of those players were CP capped.

Don't take this as evidence stam is op, thats not my point or experience. Take this as evidence that the game is based around champion point gameplay and has been tailored to that. You can't just remove the cps and expect it to be balanced when the game has been fundamentally designed around the champion system.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely love em. People thinks no CP makes it more balanced, in reality it makes it less and exaggerates the imbalances. But. It makes it an even playing ground and faster paced (artificially).

Case in point:
    image.jpg

Dude, your score blows.

I'm guessing you're just like @Lexxypwns and would rather fight than get the points!!

Pfff under 2k score

BUUUURNNNNN
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Baconlad

Stamina is not op. Dont compare magplar, a class clearly designed to excel at group support and healing, to builds oriented and created for solo and small scale pvp. Also, don't take those 40 kill bgs at face value. My point wasn't to demonstrate how OP stam sorc is, it was to demonstrate how imbalanced no CP pvp is. That BG was a perfect storm if you will, no pun intended. What you're seeing is the result of overwhelming dot pressure combined with 2 heal debuff support builds (duroks mag dk, mag warden). The thing OP in this scenario isn't the stam sorc. Its the heal debuff mechanics and sets that were created in context of CP healing, introduced into a controlled no CP environment. Its the heal debuffs amplifying the DoT pressure without champion points that is op. Not any one thing in isolation. That and also a pre made 3 man group vs pugs, even if in my screenshot most of those players were CP capped.

Don't take this as evidence stam is op, thats not my point or experience. Take this as evidence that the game is based around champion point gameplay and has been tailored to that. You can't just remove the cps and expect it to be balanced when the game has been fundamentally designed around the champion system.

Agreed.

Also, if you want to get over 35 kills, you need to not have to be worried about roots and stuns. If there was no timelimit, i think mag would be better.. especially mag sorc b/c of all the kill stealing potential...

but with 15 min max to wrack up as many kills as possible, stam doesn't need as much time to 'recharge' in between fights as mag does.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as there is no seperate solo + grp queue + seperate leaderboards it´s not going to work out fine (except for groups that love to farm solos).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard

Your character name seems highly accurate though if you look at that score card. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say stam is more OP in the more relevant things of PVP. You said it yourself "Magplar is a class designed to excel at group support and healing". Why does ZOS need to keep nerfing classes such that they become support classes ?
    I am not against the idea of a support class but why not give the choice to a player on how the class should be played rather than forcing it.

Burst damage is the most important aspect of PVP and 4 mag classes already don't possess it.

The magden nerf was unwarranted and now most people are playing it like a support class now. Congrats to all the whiners. In No CP the magden can't dodge roll consistently to land the deep fissures nor sprint unless you are playing against complete noobs. Birds were a good finisher which is now dodgeable. So does not work on competent players

Mag sorc burst damage has been nerfed so much that its another future support class.

Magblade can still put out some damage for now but I don't see a bright future for it

Mag dk's lack mobility in open world.

Edited by PhoenixGrey on February 20, 2018 10:12AM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by PhoenixGrey on February 20, 2018 10:12AM
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said before, premade groups of 2, 3 or 4 should never be allowed to be grouped up against groups of single-queuers. Never. It causes a huge imbalance and only leads to players leaving BGs for good.

I’ve experienced both sides of the coin and would rather see an empty queue than joining a rofl-stomp match due to this ridiculous matchmaking.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_Blash wrote: »
    As others have said before, premade groups of 2, 3 or 4 should never be allowed to be grouped up against groups of single-queuers. Never. It causes a huge imbalance and only leads to players leaving BGs for good.

I’ve experienced both sides of the coin and would rather see an empty queue than joining a rofl-stomp match due to this ridiculous matchmaking.

On the plus side you get 7k AP just for twiddling your thumbs now. Not that bad.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    ESO_Blash wrote: »

On the plus side you get 7k AP just for twiddling your thumbs now. Not that bad.

At least we get that, yes. It’s a scrap of comfort. But still hardly worth it.
    Edited by Gralor on February 20, 2018 11:36AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Thogard

Your character name seems highly accurate though if you look at that score card. ;)

Yeah cause I aid people with my sick heal

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    BS. You run dual wield or 2 hand? You have an execute.

Dual wield, without spin to win.

Go read the passives for dw. You use any dw skills? You use an execute. Or you don't know the game mechanics very well.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only that when someone makes a 1 v x video or shares a pic of crazy kill counter, you think, "dont be me, dont be me, dont be me." Blah blah, 43 kills. Me, 0 kills and 43 deaths!
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only that when someone makes a 1 v x video or shares a pic of crazy kill counter, you think, "dont be me, dont be me, dont be me." Blah blah, 43 kills. Me, 0 kills and 43 deaths!

While I can’t help you with bgs, there’s an age old technique to prevent getting 1vXed: don’t Xv1 people. EZ
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ its more of a joke, I usually do decent :)
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the CP vs Non CP I'm rather indifferent. I dislike non CP a bit more because I can't sprint on a magic build :( but less tanks
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I can’t help you with bgs, there’s an age old technique to prevent getting 1vXed: don’t Xv1 people. EZ

This technique, originally developed by Socrates in 532bc, was further refined by the ancient romans during their conquest of the Gauls. But it wasn’t until 1811 when George Washington uttered the words for which he is famous for - “Don’t Zerg me bro” - that this technique gained modern appeal among militaries and gamers.

The more you know.
    Edited by Thogard on February 21, 2018 10:37PM

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    In the CP vs Non CP I'm rather indifferent. I dislike non CP a bit more because I can't sprint on a magic build :( but less tanks

Use Prisoner's Rags instead of a damage set - you will be able to sprint better than ever, and your enemies will feel tankier, too! :trollface:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU