The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PVP - Pop lock bug

Didgerion
Didgerion
✭✭✭✭✭
Looks like pop lock is not working for PVP queue - wonder if the Scoring works properly.

zv3gflmrutyz.png

I'm queued as EP at prime-time.

Please look into it.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess AD wins the war here.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked the Vivec campaign PC NA. AD was 3 bar with 175 queue, DC was 1 bar with 153 and EP was 1 bar with 255. Of course the entire map is one color with all scrolls be captured. Really looks like only one alliance can even get in and they are taking full advantage of being the only ones there.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I just checked the Vivec campaign PC NA. AD was 3 bar with 175 queue, DC was 1 bar with 153 and EP was 1 bar with 255. Of course the entire map is one color with all scrolls be captured. Really looks like only one alliance can even get in and they are taking full advantage of being the only ones there.

Indeed, shameful behavior, if only they could be ripped of their reward. They shall forever live in shame from this day forward.
    Edited by Bazeric on February 17, 2018 6:54AM
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • GeminiImpact
    GeminiImpact
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I believe they may be taking advantage of the "bug" where if you log out of your current toon while still in cyro it keeps you in the location, thus counting towards the population without even being online.

The currently theory circulating is that some big AD pvp guilds caught wind of this and used it to their advantage by logging onto DC and EP toons and leaving them in cyro. They then return to their AD toons (Still happily in cyro) and begin taking everything. This problem really needs to be fixed sooner rather than later imo. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Bubbles43
    Bubbles43
    ✭✭✭
    Well with a team as bad as AD i guess they need to cheat... ESO reset and ban them for a week... I spent over 14 hours in here for ap and this crap happens. You have known since the first person that has complained and do nothing.. People actually play and pay there monthly or quarterly and you do nothing.. Pull your heads out and fix this please.
    Ball group doesn't play for scoreboard, we play for fights.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bubbles43 wrote: »
    Well with a team as bad as AD i guess they need to cheat... ESO reset and ban them for a week... I spent over 14 hours in here for ap and this crap happens. You have known since the first person that has complained and do nothing.. People actually play and pay there monthly or quarterly and you do nothing.. Pull your heads out and fix this please.

Considering the queue for AD is currently 225, and AD population is shown as 1/3 bars, I'd venture to claim that AD is either just as bugged or just as rigged (if GeminiImpact is right) as DC and EP. Your ad hominem attack does nothing other than reflect poorly on you.
  • GeminiImpact
    GeminiImpact
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Bubbles43 wrote: »

Considering the queue for AD is currently 225, and AD population is shown as 1/3 bars, I'd venture to claim that AD is either just as bugged or just as rigged (if GeminiImpact is right) as DC and EP. Your ad hominem attack does nothing other than reflect poorly on you.

If the AD queue is as you say it is right now then it could very well be that the guilds who were on and had caused all of this ruckus to begin with, simply logged out while in cyro and have thus created the same problem, and have essentially "locked" cyro for everyone while they earn points with the keeps they have taken. Last I was on, about 20 min ago, the map was completely yellow and the only faction that was pop locked at all, was AD. So it seems fishy to say the least.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know it shows the opposite for AD and I too am 235 in queue .
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is extremely unlikely that someone is doing this on purpose. They would have to have a very large number of people do it to have any meaningful effect on the pop. Moreover, I don’t think anyone on PC NA has cheated in this manner (screwing over another faction) in a very long time, because the dwindling population just isn’t worth harassing anymore. And actually, the number one reason I don’t think it’s cheating is because plenty of people altf4 to log out while still in cyrodiil.

Regardless, this is a critical bug and warrants all relevant hands on deck over the weekend to hotfix it.

rip decibel
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got home and wanted to pvp a little . No one from ZoS is on so might as well go to bed I think .
  • GeminiImpact
    GeminiImpact
    ✭✭✭

Once again, my running theory is that a few big AD pvp guilds took control of the map and then logged off of the game themselves while still in cyro, and created a locked cyro. Until the issue gets resolved it will probably remain that way. There are screen shots of earlier today with every other campaign having crazy queues with no population whilst AD was pop locked.

All signs lead to some organization and utilization of the bug that Zenimax has left unchecked. I do not look down on AD for taking advantage of the bug because honestly, it was a strategic chess move, however, it is unfair and should be hot fixed rather than letting this persist throughout the weekend. It's the beginning of a new campaign anyways so the leader boards and scores will change a lot over the weeks to come. I just want the issue resolved so that people can go back to playing the game properly.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again, my running theory is that a few big AD pvp guilds took control of the map and then logged off of the game themselves while still in cyro, and created a locked cyro. Until the issue gets resolved it will probably remain that way. There are screen shots of earlier today with every other campaign having crazy queues with no population whilst AD was pop locked.

All signs lead to some organization and utilization of the bug that Zenimax has left unchecked. I do not look down on AD for taking advantage of the bug because honestly, it was a strategic chess move, however, it is unfair and should be hot fixed rather than letting this persist throughout the weekend. It's the beginning of a new campaign anyways so the leader boards and scores will change a lot over the weeks to come. I just want the issue resolved so that people can go back to playing the game properly.

How can players cause this problem ? Are you saying this is intentional ?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the AD queue is as you say it is right now then it could very well be that the guilds who were on and had caused all of this ruckus to begin with, simply logged out while in cyro and have thus created the same problem, and have essentially "locked" cyro for everyone while they earn points with the keeps they have taken. Last I was on, about 20 min ago, the map was completely yellow and the only faction that was pop locked at all, was AD. So it seems fishy to say the least.

There's something going on for sure, but I suspect there are multiple factors at work. (I wonder why would this not have arisen as this much of a problem before if it were just the result of toon-hopping, even en masse.) It seems to me that AD is suffering from the same queue bug as DC and EP, but I suspect that more and more DC and EP dropped out earlier in the night as AD pushed the map, while fewer AD dropped, wanting to stay to press the advantage. Since no one could get in through the queue, or at least very few, DC and EP could not build their numbers back up to push back, resulting in the current map. But AD has not been pop locked (3/3 bars) for hours now. It was at 2/3 for quite some time, then 1/3. If there are currently well over 200 people in the queue for AD, then that suggests there's been a queue while AD was not pop locked, just as is the case with DC and EP. I didn't see any alliance's population meter rise at all over the course of the night, but all three have enormous queues, which tells me that there's something affecting all of them, even if the end result is heavily weighted in favor of one alliance at the moment. I would be very curious to know what role the toon-hopping issue is playing in all this; I'd never heard of it before.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I had a friend show up so I was talking with her, and I was on discord with someone else, and the kids were being rowdy so I didn't even realize there was a problem until AD was getting EMP. To be fair, there were large numbers of reds and blues for a long time. I just wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that was no longer the case. I went and got a skyshard and then I got out of there and went to do something with my friend on discord who doesn't PvP (yet). Now that all of that is over, I decided to check the queue and AD has 2 bars and I'm at 253 in queue and have moved one spot in 30 minutes. Even if I could get in right now, what would be the point? I guess I could go get the rest of the skyshards I need with no worries. But when I log in to Cyro its because I want to have big exciting fights. Not take a leisurely stroll.

PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it appears bugged. Yesterday there was a 1-bar population, yet I had to wait 180 queue line. Something was off, either the queue line or stats show.

PC EU.

Edited by maboleth on February 17, 2018 9:09AM
  • ReckyZa
    ReckyZa
    ✭✭
    Today it's 555, please reset Champaign and :/ fix ASAP
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Spot 360-ish and it's 5 A.M. over here on eastern time and showing low pop for all factions. Nobody I know has been able to get into Cyrodiil all night on AD, and it sounds like the other factions are having the same problem.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Looks like pop lock is not working for PVP queue - wonder if the Scoring works properly.

zv3gflmrutyz.png

I'm queued as EP at prime-time.

Please look into it.

Queue is broken Vivec PC NA.

Yn8YYqV.jpg
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on February 17, 2018 10:54AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all started yestarday (yep it was prime time on Vivec EU):
    Queueing as EP:
    5jpTwPl.jpg
    LeptRIj.jpg
    crxZemN.jpg

Today I queued again and currently I am 502 in EP queue (and EP population is 1 bar)
    pHG65xr.jpg
    It seems that one who logged in first (from different faction) actually "take spots" in Cyrodill - as if the limit of players in Cyrodiil was lower than all 3 faction pop-locked - so we have 2 factions locked but there is no "room" for the third one.
    Or it might be some weird exploit / bug since there were some changes in patch notes to prevent population / queue exploiting:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/394810/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-3-5-dragon-bones-update-17#latest
    Cross-alliance groups can no longer group queue for Cyrodiil. When queuing in this situation, you will now be entered into your respective alliance solo queue.
    I hope I don't have to say how unfair it is to pull such a thing especially at the beginning of the 30 - day campaign.
    Please ZOS - look at this ASAP.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 17, 2018 11:37AM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all started yestarday (yep it was prime time on Vivec EU):

It already started 2 days ago (Thursday evening) with a bugged EP queue on Sotha Sil (PC/EU).
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, just letting you know we've seen this post and are looking into this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, just letting you know we've seen this post and are looking into this.

since when? since now?

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• GeminiImpact
    GeminiImpact
    ✭✭✭

Any updates? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the other thread, they've asked people to queue back up:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4875233#Comment_4875233
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4875302#Comment_4875302

Maybe try using the Dev Tracker function to keep track of their comments on other related threads?
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If players purposely took advantage of this bug, perma ban.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

Tons of people have multiple characters on different factions and use altf4 to log out while in cyrodiil. Establishing intent will be nearly impossible. Not everything can be black and white like that.

rip decibel
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How exactly could anyone take advantage of the bug? Anyone who stayed logged on could play, anyone who logged off couldn't get back into Cyrodiil. That was true of all factions.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    its bugged out again lol, currently locked. Or the USA is not sleeping. And playing all night long. You might want to system message the players and tell them to go to bed.
    PC-NA
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on EU-PC-Vivec it was clear that only AD had an advatnage of this "bug" or "cheat"(?)
    they are on the 3rd day of the new campaign already that far ahead that it will be a hard race to catch up

If they caused this and took advantage of it, they should be banned forever, no mercy!