The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eso account website

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Getting URL is not accessible, but did get in on the fifth attempt.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Taesar : Firefox Quantum 57 has been reporting that it can't find the server during the past several weeks. It seems to have begun when the FCC rescinded the "Internet Neutrality" rules which it had adopted during the last year of the Obama administration.

But yesterday, Firefox retrieved website pages with very little delay. Today, it's back the to the same "try, try, try again". Even worse, with so many website pages hosting numerous third-party cookies, the browser has to contact their respective servers, and it doesn't connect to any of them any faster than it does to the website which I want to see.

I thought that the delays might be caused by a hardware issue, since I upgraded the motherboard. But the problem began while the previous motherboard was installed, and, as I've stated above, how ever long it takes Firefox to connect to a website varies from day-to-day. In my experience, ordinarily hardware issues are consistent and performance tends to degrade over time unless the issue is one where the hardware either works or it is broken.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was chrome, but thank you.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Chrome too, was getting a request rejected page when trying to log onto my account via the main eso website yesterday.

I guess that's one way to keep me from canceling my sub.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • aeirios
    aeirios
    ✭✭
    yeah i had the same issue yesterday and evening before that. also on chrome.
  • Grey_Wanderer
    Grey_Wanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue today (Chrome).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are having trouble logging into ESO's account website, please try some of the basic troubleshooting steps below:
    • Clear your web browser's cache, delete cookies and restart.
    • Disable any installed browser add-ons.
    • Disable any installed pop-up blockers.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yep, tried all those suggestions. just think of all the crowns we can't buy now.
    PC/NA

• Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a similar issue. 'Url request rejected'. Here I was, thinking I was going to come back to ESO, buy Morrowind and give the game another chance. But I can't even get access to the store... I cleared my cache/disabled add-ons/tried several other browsers. Same error, and the website really seems to be struggling.

Dunno, but I guess I'm going to go play something else. *shrugs*
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can be caused by a traffic filter placed before the website to block attacks. If so, it might work fine tomorrow.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

I just tested it out, and I didn't have any issues. There was a delay with a blank page, though, similar to what I experienced last week when I couldn't get to the page, and then couldn't sign in.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can be caused by a traffic filter placed before the website to block attacks. If so, it might work fine tomorrow.

I hope so. I'm not sure what else to do on my end. It is a little off-putting, but the I suppose the internet is an imperfect place.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »

I just tested it out, and I didn't have any issues. There was a delay with a blank page, though, similar to what I experienced last week when I couldn't get to the page, and then couldn't sign in.

Yeah, for some reason, a lot of stuff is going on in the background on that web page. Not all of that is happening in a speedy fashion. I am reminded of Scotty from Star Trek. The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my Windows 10 computer, I was unable to login to my account with Firefox just now, but was able to login on the first try with Edge.

No issues with forum login using Firefox however.
  • Leiloni
    Leiloni
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issues today in Chrome and unable to log into my account on the website. I get the error "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator." I briefly earlier managed to get to the login page and it said I was logging in from a new device (I wasn't), and it sent a code to my email. I put the code in and got the same error. I've tried a few more times and keep getting the error with no luck.
  • Leiloni
    Leiloni
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can't edit my post apparently but I got to the log in screen again and it again said I was logging in from a new device and sent me a code. Except it gave me the same code I got before, and then gave me the error code again.

Edit: Oh I found the edit button. Ok these forums suck and the layout is terrible.
    Edited by Leiloni on February 22, 2018 6:14PM
  • Feranth
    Feranth
    ✭✭
    So..apologies for 'necro'ing' this post, but I've seen a ton of these topics during my search for a solution to this very issue. And it seems to have persisted for years as Google returns a load of results for this particulary issue.

I suddenly got it on Safari and Firefox with MacOS a couple of months ago and I couldn't find a solution to the issue either. Meanwhile on my Windows PC (Firefox) it still worked OK so I just used my Windows PC.

However, I want to use MacOS for my sensitive account stuff so I really wanted it fixed. The following did not work:
    - Clearing cookies
    - Disable and uninstall browser add-ins.
    - Clear browser history
    - Reinstall browser.

But I may have found the solution now. This worked for me at least on MacOS and Safari.

When you visit the Account page on the ESO website you notice that there's a lot of 'back and forth' traffic going on between various webpages. It loads one page, stops, and then loads another and sometimes tries to do this again. Then it dawned upon me that maybe the ESO website wants to 'follow me' through various websites and domains.

And this is where I remembered that in Safari you have the following setting.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21416?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Disabling this option while visiting the Account Management site fixed this issue entirely for me. I can't guarantee this is a fix for everyone, but it did work for me and it might be worth a try for others too.

Just pinging @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE so they might add this to a Knowledge Base file.
    Edited by Feranth on March 11, 2018 4:55PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feranth wrote: »
    So..apologies for 'necro'ing' this post, but I've seen a ton of these topics during my search for a solution to this very issue. And it seems to have persisted for years as Google returns a load of results for this particulary issue.

I suddenly got it on Safari and Firefox with MacOS a couple of months ago and I couldn't find a solution to the issue either. Meanwhile on my Windows PC (Firefox) it still worked OK so I just used my Windows PC.

However, I want to use MacOS for my sensitive account stuff so I really wanted it fixed. The following did not work:
    - Clearing cookies
    - Disable and uninstall browser add-ins.
    - Clear browser history
    - Reinstall browser.

But I may have found the solution now. This worked for me at least on MacOS and Safari.

When you visit the Account page on the ESO website you notice that there's a lot of 'back and forth' traffic going on between various webpages. It loads one page, stops, and then loads another and sometimes tries to do this again. Then it dawned upon me that maybe the ESO website wants to 'follow me' through various websites and domains.

And this is where I remembered that in Safari you have the following setting.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21416?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Disabling this option while visiting the Account Management site fixed this issue entirely for me. I can't guarantee this is a fix for everyone, but it did work for me and it might be worth a try for others too.

Just pinging @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE so they might add this to a Knowledge Base file.

Thanks still having issue myself. I just login on the phone to save trouble.