The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

new crown item to lessen research time

• Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 crowns for the 15 days? LOL!!!

Man, ZoS literally has no shame with these prices.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that is pretty extreme. I never even thought of the concept of a scroll to shorten research time. I'm a fan of paying for convenience, I believe that convenience, especially convenience items that weren't in the game previously, should cost. But the degree is out of bounds.

I have a similar situation with the costume system. Great system, needed it for years, but the current cost is keeping many people from using it at all. it's simply asinine. I don't see myself using these scrolls either. perhaps of the costs were literally cut in half, I'd consider it.

My frustration is that they seem to price everything literally out of the ballpark lately, whether it's something that the game has needed to stay competitive, or if its a convenience item like the research scrolls. I always felt that the research time was simply the price you paid to be a crafter with all the enchants. I got a random scroll in a crate, and thought wow what a nifty idea. but the prices in the store...man. 1500 crows in what a Sub gets. so anything @ 1500 crowns is essentially a months cost to a Sub. At those prices it's almost better to just wait out the research timer. Which is probably what I'll do.