The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

new crown item to lessen research time

xbobx
xbobx
✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe i misread something but are they not supposed to be available starting today?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not in the crown store.

As always you can use vouchers to obtain research scrolls at the master writ vendor.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just have 3 things with 12+ days on woodworking i would like to finish so i can craft my weapons
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get the scrolls in the Crown Crates (RNG) or from the Crown Store in the Crafting Section
    Edited by Nestor on February 16, 2018 4:04PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to check that out. I'm on my 8th and 9th trait on everything. Takes fo-rev-er
    PC NA Server
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns, you crooks zenimax. Its like they want people to quit this game.
    Edited by xbobx on February 15, 2018 10:19PM
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You can get the scrolls in the Crown Crates (RNG) or from the Crates section of the Crown Store where you spend your Gems.

they are not there
  • jevans1342nub18_ESO
    They're there, in the crown store crafting tab -> research.

LOL, 400 crowns for 1 day reduction, 2500 for 7 days, 5000 (!!) for 15 days. 15,000 crowns to reduce all 3 crafting timers by half a month. It's nuts.

Hey, ZOS, feel free to let us buy the extended timers for writ vouchers, too. 3 vouchers = 400 crowns, so 18 for a week? Ah, but then we don't buy crowns. Right.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, wasn't aware!
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice when you're on the 9th trait in everything. It's 5k crowns for 15 days reduction (or less for 7 days or 1 day) and you can use it more than once per day.
    Edited by Lotka on February 16, 2018 2:56PM
    PC NA Server
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotka wrote: »
    It's nice when you're on the 9th trait in everything. It's 5k crowns for 15 days reduction (or less for 7 days or 1 day) and you can use it more than once per day.

and 5k is what 50 dollars, that is stupid.

for 4k you get the dlc, a pet, a mount and some other misc stuff.

and this is 5k.

how can anyone justify that.
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    I got 21k or something on sale so it doesn't bother me. I don't care about dlc and misc stuff and don't buy it. i have membership. depends on peoples preferences. if you don't like it, don't buy it or wait for crowns to go on sale.
    Edited by Lotka on February 16, 2018 3:07PM
    PC NA Server
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 21k or something on sale so it doesn't bother me. I don't care about dlc and misc stuff and don't buy it. i have membership. depends on peoples preferences. if you don't like it, don't buy it or wait for crowns to go on sale.

and its because of people like you why they overprice things. You are part of the problem.
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    I figured it was because they have to be paid to deal with whiny people in the forums and it takes up all their time from more important things like bugs that affect the game- making it cost more. They want money, that's why they release DLC every other day. They're greedy. Get used to it.
    Edited by Lotka on February 16, 2018 3:23PM
    PC NA Server
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're there, in the crown store crafting tab -> research.

LOL, 400 crowns for 1 day reduction, 2500 for 7 days, 5000 (!!) for 15 days. 15,000 crowns to reduce all 3 crafting timers by half a month. It's nuts.

Hey, ZOS, feel free to let us buy the extended timers for writ vouchers, too. 3 vouchers = 400 crowns, so 18 for a week? Ah, but then we don't buy crowns. Right.

Holy ballssssssss
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured it was because they have to be paid to deal with whiny people in the forums and it takes up all their time from more important things like bugs that affect the game- making it cost more. They want money, that's why they release DLC every other day. They're greedy. Get used to it.

and they would make more money if they didnt charge so much. Its called economics, something they know nothing about.
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    You've been with them for what? A year and a half. I've been with them since beta. You'll learn.
    PC NA Server
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've been with them for what? A year and a half. I've been with them since beta. You'll learn.

actually i have been with them since beta also on the pc. Don't assume.

and what does that have to do with them being stupid on crown prices. They would make more money if they lowered the price of a lot of crown prices. They would get more people to sub, they would get more casual players. The community would be thriving more than it is.

but i guess that is not important.
    Edited by xbobx on February 16, 2018 3:32PM
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    It's useless complaining. See, I think the community would be better if they fixed base bugs. It shouldn't be easy to buy everything in the crown store and not everything should be available in it. If everything is too easy, it's no fun. When you have cheat codes or money for everything, there's no work put in and it gets boring.
    Edited by Lotka on February 16, 2018 3:35PM
    PC NA Server
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's useless complaining. See, I think the community would be better if they fixed base bugs. It shouldn't be easy to buy everything in the crown store and not everything should be available in it. If everything is too easy, it's no fun. When you have cheat codes or money for everything, there's no work put in and it gets boring.

and if they had more money from crown items they would have more monetary resources to battle bugs.
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want things to be easy. I'd rather there be bugs than things be easy. If I want easy, I can play the Sims or something
    PC NA Server
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want things to be easy. I'd rather there be bugs than things be easy. If I want easy, I can play the Sims or something

Why does it have to have bugs to be difficult? Are the two things related? Or are you referring to the lag/disconnects/crashes/bugs creating an artificial difficultly increase by causing the player to have to fight through these things?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    You can get the scrolls in the Crown Crates (RNG) or from the Crates section of the Crown Store where you spend your Gems.

they are not there

I think they moved them. Initially you could only get them for Gems.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Why does it have to have bugs to be difficult? Are the two things related? Or are you referring to the lag/disconnects/crashes/bugs creating an artificial difficultly increase by causing the player to have to fight through these things?

If I had to choose. Didn't say there had to be bugs for it to be difficult.
    PC NA Server
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭

and if they had more money from crown items they would have more monetary resources to battle bugs.

@Apache_Kid read above
    PC NA Server
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Apache_Kid read above

Sorry must've been scrolling too fast.

Or they would just consider it more profits. We have literally 0 evidence that increased revenue from crowns leads to re-investment of that revenue into infrastructure upgrades or expanding the team that fixes bugs. If anything bugs have become more frequent and performance has gotten worse (can only speak on my platform specifically).

Look at the prices of some of the homes and furnishings in the crown store. Some cost well over $100. And we know they are selling many copies of these items because if the items were not selling well-enough then the prices would be lowered which we have not seen. I would love to see the raw financial numbers on this game. I bet they are wild.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on February 16, 2018 4:58PM
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how is waiting 20+ days easy. Easy and useless time sink to create a cash grab are not the same thing.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Apache_Kid read above

Or they would just consider it more profits. We have literally 0 evidence that increased revenue from crowns leads to re-investment of that revenue into infrastructure upgrades or expanding the team that fixes bugs. If anything bugs have become more frequent and performance has gotten worse (can only speak on my platform specifically).

Look at the prices of some of the homes and furnishings in the crown store. Some cost well over $100. And we know they are selling many copies of these items because if the items were not selling well-enough then the prices would be lowered which we have not seen. I would love to see the raw financial numbers on this game. I bet they are wild.

just because they are selling doesn't mean anything. In economics you study pricing models where you want to find the point where you maximize sales and profits. If you price to high you still sell product but not much, if you price too low you don't make money. You want to find that point where you maximize both. 5k for this is not.

Imo if they keep it like this, eso memberships should get 2500 crowns instead of 1500 and you will see their membership levels rise dramatically.

yes, there is no proof, but if they are making money and a lot of it and not reinvesting in fixing things then at least the playerbase has more leverage to call them on it.

you might be able to see their financial numbers on their FS, that is if they itemize this game.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Apache_Kid read above

just because they are selling doesn't mean anything. In economics you study pricing models where you want to find the point where you maximize sales and profits. If you price to high you still sell product but not much, if you price too low you don't make money. You want to find that point where you maximize both. 5k for this is not.

Imo if they keep it like this, eso memberships should get 2500 crowns instead of 1500 and you will see their membership levels rise dramatically.

yes, there is no proof, but if they are making money and a lot of it and not reinvesting in fixing things then at least the playerbase has more leverage to call them on it.

you might be able to see their financial numbers on their FS, that is if they itemize this game.

I've looked and i haven't been able to find any numbers but i may have been looking in the wrong places.

And my whole point was that I am sure they have a team who studies the pricing of crown store items and have found a formula that fits for them and that is why the current prices are what they are. If they weren't currently maximizing profits we would've seen some changes in the pricing by now. Especially in something like homes where the prices have been stagnant for a year. Unless they actually don't have anyone looking at this stuff and are just winging it.

Interesting idea about the 2500 crowns per month. I think you might be right on that one. Also I would much enjoy it :D
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Apache_Kid read above

I've looked and i haven't been able to find any numbers but i may have been looking in the wrong places.

And my whole point was that I am sure they have a team who studies the pricing of crown store items and have found a formula that fits for them and that is why the current prices are what they are. If they weren't currently maximizing profits we would've seen some changes in the pricing by now. Especially in something like homes where the prices have been stagnant for a year. Unless they actually don't have anyone looking at this stuff and are just winging it.

Interesting idea about the 2500 crowns per month. I think you might be right on that one. Also I would much enjoy it :D

honestly sometimes it looks like they guess on the price. I was looking at buying a home so i went through them all and the prices do not make sense for what you get when comparing the different houses. it makes me wonder. and keep in mind, this group made bad decisions and failed on the launch of this game, thats why its ftp now
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    Is there sqft or anything measurable for the housing? When they have prices, I typically compare them to see which is the better deal. I know when they came out where you could pay $170 or something for 20k crowns or what not, I figured out how much it would cost per crown to find out which was cheaper before I bought. They were not all the same price.
    When selling things in game, i break down colored items and sell white items in guild store and sell the white items that you can get more from the merchant to the merchant- just because you can make more. I count everything in order to get the best for myself. Just never bothered bugging them about whatever they price things at. I figure they have an accountant and estimator. Mistakes are made and I will alert them about bugs but it's not my job to estimate for them when I don't know anything about their costs or why they might charge a certain price.
    Edited by Lotka on February 16, 2018 7:24PM
    PC NA Server