The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Loving These Queues

Earthewen
Earthewen
✭✭✭✭✭
After this last patch, these queues have been amazing. Haven't seen a 100 plus or even a 50 plus ... wait not even a 40 plus ... queue since the cross faction grouping was removed. I'm happy to see other factions no longer piggybacking on other queues. Super work, ZOS!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or people simply a number of people gave up on playing after patch because of various bugs like bar swap delay and being rooted by your own skill animation :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Or people simply a number of people gave up on playing after patch because of various bugs like bar swap delay and being rooted by your own skill animation :)

According to the population graphics, we have as many players as we have always had in cyro. (wink wink)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was shocked, amazed, and delighted when a character I'd logged out in Cyrodiil logged back in...to Cyrodiil!

Normally, I'd be logged out and placed back into Bal Foyen or wherever I'd been hanging out. But that was pretty awesome to leave Cyrodiil and come back to Cyrodiil since there was no queue for my faction. That's never happened before because there's always been a queue at that time frame before. It does mean I'll be leaving Cyrodiil so I don't accidentally block a space for an EP player (if that's actually the case, I don't know, maybe I would be removed from Cyrodiil if there was a queue but I don't want to risk blocking someone who wants to play), but it was pretty amazing to see.

Also, my guildmates had little to no trouble popping in to play with us, even those who came on late. Having a queue of 20 isn't so bad when previously they'd face a much higher queue to get in.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 15, 2018 3:49PM
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was shocked, amazed, and delighted when a character I'd logged out in Cyrodiil logged back in...to Cyrodiil!

Normally, I'd be logged out and placed back into Bal Foyen or wherever I'd been hanging out. But that was pretty awesome to leave Cyrodiil and come back to Cyrodiil since there was no queue for my faction. That's never happened before because there's always been a queue at that time frame before. It does mean I'll be leaving Cyrodiil so I don't accidentally block a space for an EP player (if that's actually the case, I don't know, maybe I would be removed from Cyrodiil if there was a queue but I don't want to risk blocking someone who wants to play), but it was pretty amazing to see.

Also, my guildmates had little to no trouble popping in to play with us, even those who came on late. Having a queue of 20 isn't so bad when previously they'd face a much higher queue to get in.

This was actually how things used to be not too awfully long ago. If you are in Cyro when you log off, and you come back in when the pop isn't locked, you will automatically still be in Cryo. If the pop is locked, you will automatically be put back where you were before you entered Cyro in the first place. It is nice to see this is the case once again.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that's actually the case, we'll find out after they fix it on Monday. I didn't feel like I was fighting any less enemy players or seeing any less EP players than I previously did. Its also hard to judge campaign pop after we hit pop-lock because ZOS isn't going to be transparent about that.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm liking this. Good start so far.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    Numbers are the same. Queue times are low because people are doing new dungeons and such.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jadokis wrote: »
    Numbers are the same. Queue times are low because people are doing new dungeons and such.

Maybe. ;-)
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that only one alliance is now consistently pop locked. Kind of points to that one alliance as the main abuser.
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    Jadokis wrote: »

Maybe. ;-)

Not maybe. If you've been in pvp at all and have eyes you don't see the usual groups running. I mean Pact Militia was running only 16 or less last night. If the guild groups are taking time to do the dungeons and get new gear I can only imagine how many casuals are taking their time lore RPing the new patch especially since it's appealing to the skyrim fanbase.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too many factors to determine what changed. We got a new dlc, a change to transmute crystals that finally got rid of the pvers from cyro, we have a bug that literally roots you to the ground until you die, 30-60s bar swap delays, enough people are finally frustrated with the ques and on different campaign, aaaand you cant piggyback the que. Assuming it was other alliances bogging you down is one big excuse for losing at this point, we could easily assume pop caps may have been adjusted again aswell since atleast on dc side you do not go from 100+ ques to 0 so suddenly
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

According to the population graphics, we have as many players as we have always had in cyro. (wink wink)

What population graphics?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

Probably the bars that show the population level on the Alliance War Tab when you choose a campaign?
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

Hiya, @Kilandros! Good to see you again! I'm speaking of both the Alliance population indicators on the Alliance page as well as the addon that posts it up at the top of my screen. According to those (and we all know that ZOS won't tell us what they exactly mean), nothing has changed according to the overall population of each faction. (As far as we know.)