Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many times did you die trying to do theater of despair boss?

ZettaVC
ZettaVC
✭✭
Hey,

So I got to this last boss, I wouldn't say the other arenas were easy but I didn't encounter too many problems. Just a lot of L2P. I have a 525CP magsorc pet build running necropotence and julianos and Molag shoulder for extra spell damage. I'm working on getting some trial gear but not there yet. But after 4 hours of dying over and over I only managed to clear all three crystals twice and then died instantly when I get back to the bottom.

On my front bar I run crit surge, crushing shock, pet, inner light, hardened ward and on back blockade, lightning splash, pet, inner light hardened ward. Meteor for ultimate.

Is over four hours a normal amount of time to struggle here? Any advice gladly appreciated.

Best Answers

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perfectly normal.

VMA kicks your ass the first time you do it, and it's the same for everyone. But the more you do it, the better you learn your damage and where things spawn.

If you don't already, use the sigils, they help immensely, and apart from that keep trying. The more you play the better you learn the patterns.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time 100+ probably,

Later times 20-30, I am not that great at the game. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • ZettaVC
    ZettaVC
    ✭✭
    :) okay thanks, this boss is definitely kicking my ass!! It's so painful knowing I'm so close to my first VMA clear and yet so far away at the same time!
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Perfectly normal.

VMA kicks your ass the first time you do it, and it's the same for everyone. But the more you do it, the better you learn your damage and where things spawn.

If you don't already, use the sigils, they help immensely, and apart from that keep trying. The more you play the better you learn the patterns.

indeed. What i did on my first clears of VMA Endboss is immediatly consuming the Shield sigil after coming down from the crystals. That way you can survive until you collected 3 ghosts. Pop the ghostsynergy, collect the Dmg sigil and get rid of the boss + Deadroth that should be arround.
  • ZettaVC
    ZettaVC
    ✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Perfectly normal.

indeed. What i did on my first clears of VMA Endboss is immediatly consuming the Shield sigil after coming down from the crystals. That way you can survive until you collected 3 ghosts. Pop the ghostsynergy, collect the Dmg sigil and get rid of the boss + Deadroth that should be arround.

Thanks for sharing, I'll try using that strategy. I had been using defensive and power sigil at beginning especially when I didn't have ultimate ready. I can see how saving it would be of benefit! I hadn't touched healing or haste at all so maybe more effective use of sigils will help.
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah grab shield when you drop down and if you have a speed buff, use it too. :). Zoom over getting ghosts and try to knock out daedroth+boss at same time. :). I grab power signal and drop destro ult and basically win at first stun now. :)

At start, I only grab the heal sigil sometimes when there is no ultimate ready, as it lets me get through the damage when the daedroth spawns. Otherwise I leave it as well and just grab it if I get knocked off or something, etc.
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally normal. Voriak is a beast first pass

And when you come back for second run you will do it first pass and realise its one of the easier rounds oddly
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZettaVC wrote: »
    Hey,

So I got to this last boss, I wouldn't say the other arenas were easy but I didn't encounter too many problems. Just a lot of L2P. I have a 525CP magsorc pet build running necropotence and julianos and Molag shoulder for extra spell damage. I'm working on getting some trial gear but not there yet. But after 4 hours of dying over and over I only managed to clear all three crystals twice and then died instantly when I get back to the bottom.

On my front bar I run crit surge, crushing shock, pet, inner light, hardened ward and on back blockade, lightning splash, pet, inner light hardened ward. Meteor for ultimate.

Is over four hours a normal amount of time to struggle here? Any advice gladly appreciated.

One minor idea is to slot a different shield on backbar (harness magicka if sticking with dual destro, harness or healing ward if running a resto backbar).

That way, when you barswap and recast shields, the new shield will stack with whatever leftover shield you have from the other bar rather than replacing it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ZettaVC
    ZettaVC
    ✭✭
    I managed to get him down to just 17k hp last night. So I know it will be possible. But after that my lag peaked and I couldn't get close