The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Correct mechanics?Scalecaller Peak

Alaf
Alaf
✭✭
Hello gentlemen, I have come here to know why this mechanic is so fast because I can not deviate from it at any time, I wonder if this is normal or I have a problem with mechanics?

we can not get out of the mechanic at all so it is impossible even with the low ping it does not work we always die with the poison we are counting on luck because we can not get out of the poison area

we can not get out of the mechanic at all so it is impossible even with the low ping does not work we always die with the poison we are counting on the luck because we can not get out of the poison area.
mechanics of the poison is very fast making it almost impossible for us.
If I am saying besteria, I apologize to everyone.

https://youtu.be/eqtnyOylDlc

in the moment of the video I was with oscillation in the ping more even without being with the high ping we did not happen to escape of the area of ​​poision

https://image.prntscr.com/image/Y2bGcbfqTMK-l4pqvxbUYw.png Print 261 de Ping
Edited by Alaf on February 14, 2018 8:15PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The time between the warning and damage is almost nonexistent. The only real way to deal with it is the straddle the cutoff points of the arena so you can quickly move into a clear zone. These dungeons are essentially made entirely of one-shots (or things that do completely negligible damage)

They're interesting but not exactly well-designed.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this game, damage mechanics are checked server side. The server's idea of your position is out of date by about a second. You need to be outside the mechanic's area not when you see it go off, but a second beforehand. This applies to all PvE AoE strikes.

And yes, it's bull****.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    In this game, damage mechanics are checked server side. The server's idea of your position is out of date by about a second. You need to be outside the mechanic's area not when you see it go off, but a second beforehand. This applies to all PvE AoE strikes.

And yes, it's bull****.

Especially since the update. There is in general about 1 second to 2 seconds of delay between what your character is doing and what the server thinks your character is doing.

ZOS doesn't really seem to give a crap though, given that they released known, game-breaking bugs with this update.
  • Alaf
    Alaf
    ✭✭

big problem is that our ping is not less than 250 is almost impossible to escape the poison there are several mementos that we are burning the boss suddenly venom comes from nowhere without warning when we see we are already dead
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alaf wrote: »
    big problem is that our ping is not less than 250 is almost impossible to escape the poison there are several mementos that we are burning the boss suddenly venom comes from nowhere without warning when we see we are already dead

Jhalin has good advice, learn where to stand so you only need to dodge the edge. And hope ;)
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stand on the line that's between 2 of the 3 AoEs (e.g., between middle and right, or between middle and left). You have enough time to move out of the AoE if you're on that line as you can just step out.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is true it happens so fast, it might need adjustment by about 1 second maybe?, but still the statue that will do the poison will glow before doing it, and you can position yourself between 2 statues along the contact points of both, this way your avoidance to the aoe will be alot faster.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    The time between the warning and damage is almost nonexistent. The only real way to deal with it is the straddle the cutoff points of the arena so you can quickly move into a clear zone. These dungeons are essentially made entirely of one-shots (or things that do completely negligible damage)

Fang Lair final boss is amazing
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We cleared vet mode last night (not hard mode) and lemme tell ya: we started calling this place the "Simon Says" fight.

miss one specific thing and. . . "YOU'RE DEAD!"

which quickly turned into: "If you zig when it should have been a zag with your left foot in the air, while farting FloRida’s “my house. . . YOU'RE DEAD!!”
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Alaf
    Alaf
    ✭✭
    It is true it happens so fast, it might need adjustment by about 1 second maybe?, but still the statue that will do the poison will glow before doing it, and you can position yourself between 2 statues along the contact points of both, this way your avoidance to the aoe will be alot faster.

who in battle will pay attention to the statue? It's impossible to pay attention all the time on the statue.
    My group is currently counting 100% on luck.
    Edited by Alaf on February 14, 2018 8:31PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to anticipate.

The dragon glow green before the ground glows red. Look at the dragons, not the boss.

Also, it is best to stay close to the dragon as the danger zone is conal and thus narrower there, as opposed to covering half the room by the entrance.

It is annoying, however it is also the separates experienced/skilled players who adjust to mechanics to those who allow their frustrations to get the better of them. If you stay near the dragons and be mindful of them, good players will ask you to join their groups and you'll never have to PUG another dungeon again.

It is clear as day which players adjust to this mechanic and which players do not.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

Fang Lair final boss is amazing

Ok but only because Dragon and thematics, not because mechanics
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few things we figured out last night. The statue that is going to do the poison lights up before it happens which gives you an extra second to react, but only if you can look at it while everything else is going on.

Also NEVER NEVER dodge roll. Dodge rolling is broken, your position stays where you start the roll till it's complete. So even though you think you are out of it, you are not. This is the same advice for vMA.

The biggest issue we had, was the RNG of the mechanics. Sometimes we'd get one mechanic at a time, and others we'd get the fire beam, and then the poison triangle while the beam was happening, killing at least 2 players.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is why you see "LFG pledges NON dlc" in zone chat every 2 seconds. :|
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As other people have said, stay close to the dragons so you have to move less to dodge. I can't even imagine this fight on hard mode though since I think it incorporates mechanics from the second and third boss all into one mess of a boss fight.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to anticipate.

The dragon glow green before the ground glows red. Look at the dragons, not the boss.

Also, it is best to stay close to the dragon as the danger zone is conal and thus narrower there, as opposed to covering half the room by the entrance.

It is annoying, however it is also the separates experienced/skilled players who adjust to mechanics to those who allow their frustrations to get the better of them. If you stay near the dragons and be mindful of them, good players will ask you to join their groups and you'll never have to PUG another dungeon again.

It is clear as day which players adjust to this mechanic and which players do not.
    This, still its some annoying random twitch stuff in dungeons, vBC1 is probably best known as it should by ranking and normal experience be an easy dungeon, its not. With an low cp but decent group I rather do vDS2, BC1 you need shield up.

Is it raid call addons for ESO, this is one of the setting it would be usefull.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raid Notifier is no better than Miat's PvP Alerts.

I vote it be removed from the game.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Alaf
    Alaf
    ✭✭
    https://youtu.be/wo4NkdZd5S0

big problem of this mechanics and the only speed we found was to burn the boss
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alaf wrote: »

Pray for good RNG for not cursing poison upon you!

This is really an issue for higher ping players
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian master race yo.

Take your time, get some health, get some resistances. I would suggest you have no less than 20k with food. Tired of gimps getting one shot everywhere because HEALTH IS NOT A DUMP STAT! I did the Dungeon on normal yesterday and the thing that got me was the ice spikes. Brutal.

EDIT: First time I've had over a million and a half damage... HOLY CARP!
    Edited by jaye63 on February 15, 2018 3:12PM
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaye63 wrote: »
    Argonian master race yo.

Take your time, get some health, get some resistances. I would suggest you have no less than 20k with food. Tired of gimps getting one shot everywhere because HEALTH IS NOT A DUMP STAT! I did the Dungeon on normal yesterday and the thing that got me was the ice spikes. Brutal.

You don't need that much health. I have like 18.2k if the tank wears ebon. Just do the mechanics by playing at the edges of the crap.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    jaye63 wrote: »
    Argonian master race yo.

You don't need that much health. I have like 18.2k if the tank wears ebon. Just do the mechanics by playing at the edges of the crap.

Yeah, 20k Health doesn't help with this.

tqgrh5K.jpg

I do however like the tip that tells me to use potions, just wondering which one shields me from nearly a million damage.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

Agreed. It and miat's are the reason why, in ESO, PC players are the peasants and console is the master race. It's lame, like not being able to beat a nintendo game without using game genie.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THIS is the real secret to this fight indeed. Through hard trial and error I came the same conclusion as Jhalin that no matter what mechanic is happening that requires you to move away from these lines to avoid a 1 shot, the first thing after you must do is go back to standing anywhere on those 2 invisible 'lines' that divide up the 3 red 'dragon breath' aoe zones. This is the only way you are guaranteed to be able to react based on red. No one doing hm has 5 eyes and the time to be watching and all the mechanics and the 3 statues all the time during all that nonstop. You are bound to fail seeing them somewhere glow up in the thick of the fight so the only to deal with that is by always being positioned anywhere along these exact lines whenever you can, only move from them when needed and come back onto them asap
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on February 16, 2018 1:38PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »

Agreed. It and miat's are the reason why, in ESO, PC players are the peasants and console is the master race. It's lame, like not being able to beat a nintendo game without using game genie.

I have a lot of respect for console players because of this. that and trying to pvp with a controller versus my dope gaming keyboard and mouse. .
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And yes, it's bull****.

That would explain why the Tiger in Fang Lair can still kill you after being interrupted
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A well designed boss is actually the one before Zaan. The mechanic is interesting. I agree that random one shots aren't fun.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

And yes, it's bull****.

That would explain why the Tiger in Fang Lair can still kill you after being interrupted

no, when the senche jumps you it leaves a sort of dot that will do it's dmge regardless of how fast you interrupt it. The only way to survive it is stack enough health and/or permashield yourself so that when he happens to jump on you the dot won't kill you.