Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Repentance fix

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    Keep it at one repentance per corpse. Reintroduce the stamina return for allies. Problem solved.

Except for Templar tanks in boss fights without repentable adds. They’re still screwed.

And you would instantly undo all the work zos has done to make all other class worth using as a healer. That one change would make Templar healers miles ahead of other healers, even further then they are.

You have to make it so it only returns Stam to other templars. That is it.

Is this a joke?

DK healers inc. You want to nerf anything that makes a class distinctive and worth using in the first place so some other overnerfed class can under-perform in filling a role it's ill suited for. Nice.

Besides, the most efficient "healer" in the vast majority of ESO's content is a DPS sorcerer with Twilight Matriarch. How's that for all of ZoS's "hard work"?

*triggering intensifies* I DO NOT want to nerf anything, i have been against all the changes that ZOS has done to the temp class, from putting shards on the same cool down as orbs to removing the stun from shards to the nerf after nerf of radiant destruction. i started after they took away blinding flashes but i would love to see that in the game too, so dont be confuse me playing devil's advocate with actually defending the changes ZOS has made. yes it is nice that other classes are getting used as healers more now but it came at the cost of nerfing the crap out of my main class.

that said, i just want to be able to have more then one stam based templar in the group, i have been kicked from a group with another stamplar as my stamplar more time then i think ought to happen, simply because the other stamplar didn't want to share ort simply can't. so the easiest way is to make it so if you both have repentance slotted, you both get stam. simple. does not stop other healer from being useful and makes it okay to have more then one stamplar in the group.

lastly, what does "DK healers inc" mean?

You supported a heavy nerf ZoS implemented. How is that playing Devil's advocate?

You see the result yourself of Zos"s "hard work" - templars in the same group arguing who gets to repent corpses. It is beyond dumb. In no way should that nerf ever been supported, let alone even insinuated as having a beneficial effect on the game, no matter how noble the goal was.

It's not so simple as having the templar get stam simply for having it slotted. ZoS's coding pretty much means a skill has to be on your active bar to count, which means double baring a skill that does nothing or having to waste a global cooldown to use a skill that does nothing if we're going to go the "long buff" route ala Siphoning strikes or Inferno.

And that leaves aside the very real question of what exactly is wrong with having a support skill theat rewards a groups' success? Repentance was one of the best abilities in the game because it gave a class the means to provide a unique reward for a group that defeats their opponents; this is an excellent mechanic that ought to be encouraged and its removal and others like it have turned Cyrodiil into a Zergfest, where numbers rule all.

As far as no other class being able to do this, too bad. Tough. Every class ought to be able to provide something unqiue and desirable otherwise there is zero reason to play such a class unless it's BiS. Your stamplar keeps getting kicked from groups because a stam DK will beat the DPS you provide and since you offer nothing the group can get elsewhere, take a hike.

You make other class healers desirable by providing them with the means to offer something to a group that a templar can't.

k
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good feed back guys, oh especially this one:
    idk wrote: »
    I'd say OP needs to be faster. Early bird gets the worm. Faster Templars get the stam and heal.

OP really seems to be complaining because others react faster. Probably because they came to understand there are others using repentance.

Sorry to use you as the first example, but I dare you to a test. Use Lethal arrow (Stam skill) against a final enemy, and at the same time you pop it off have a buddy pop off repent. Then come back, not with screenshot, but with video proof you can fire your shot and quickly pop off repent while the other guy is using repent.

It's impossible.
    Jura23 wrote: »
    When an ally uses repentance near you he restores your resources as well.

Not since Morrowind.

Correct^^.
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    They need to remove the single drain mechanic. Everyone with the ability should be able to drain every enemy, even if at a reduced amount after the first person does, or don't go over your max stam, draining enemies for no reason. It never made sense if there were 20 dead enemies on the ground, someone needs 1k stam back, but they repent everyone, keeping others from getting anything. I don't even have this on my bars any more, because most of the time, its just a competition on who is faster at it, taking minds away from their job.

^^^^B4 you jump the gun son, ZOS made an in game cheat, a natural CHEAT for any DK and Sorc. You really want to Screw over even more all the other crappy classes in this unfair game to suit your needs? Zenimax NEEDS to buff other classes in some areas to make them more efficient. It should not take 10 people to burn one DK or sorc after 20 minutes of battle. ZENIMAX has lost their GAWDS forsaken minds when they made that feature. They basically made and rendered all other classes useless.

That's another big long thread someone needs to make. In PvP, all the dame you give to DK's and sorcs are ((ALWAYS IN parentheses)) and their shields seem to take no damage and last forever. Until you get 5 to 10 people attacking and some with pots that drain mag or stam to prevent them from using is, it's only them you can burn a sorc/DK. And I don't have 20 minutes of my little life to waste on bullies , decoys , taunters , and traps. Eventually, as more people talk about there will be more and more people to come forward and say "Hey, yeah I'm really getting sick of those dk's and sorc's."
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38