The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

AoE Cap Removal Post Mortem

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, AOE caps are gone.

Thoughts?

Haven't gotten to run in a raid yet myself, but it was hilarious watching a dozen players melt on when a door repair crew got bomb bladed. That, at least, felt way nastier than it used to be.

As an aside: TBH, the best part of this patch is the 'no more monster shoulder graphics' thing. God, I hated that dumb one shoulder thing. Felt like it was trying to be fake edgelord. Gimme my proper Imperial shoulders, kthxbye.

wait whut? can we hide shoulders now? would like to hide ridiculous shoulders.

You cannot hide shoulders the way you can hide your helmet. You can however cover over your equipped shoulders with a different shoulder using the Outfit system.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, AOE caps are gone.

Thoughts?

Haven't gotten to run in a raid yet myself, but it was hilarious watching a dozen players melt on when a door repair crew got bomb bladed. That, at least, felt way nastier than it used to be.

As an aside: TBH, the best part of this patch is the 'no more monster shoulder graphics' thing. God, I hated that dumb one shoulder thing. Felt like it was trying to be fake edgelord. Gimme my proper Imperial shoulders, kthxbye.

Not hide them completely, but the outfitter lets you choose what level of silliness you would prefer to display. No more psuedo edgelord one shoulder thing from the monster set array.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapon swap et al from what I’ve heard is on ZOS’ radar.
    I haven’t played much since patch, and after the general populace returns will probably be different, but I was involved in a major dog pile at arrius lm the other night and overall the situation was pretty enjoyable. It’s been a while since I or my group have had that “I know I really should log, but this is some good pvp” feeling in a while. Other than the weapon swap issue, the performance, at least from my narrow scope seems to be less desk punchingly horrid.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on February 15, 2018 8:37PM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, AOE caps are gone.

Thoughts?

You cannot hide shoulders the way you can hide your helmet. You can however cover over your equipped shoulders with a different shoulder using the Outfit system.

Breton lvl 1 shoulders are so hot.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

What I did not have were screen freezes when plowing into 40 ppl.

So a classic VE 37-person group eh?
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Dyride
      Dyride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If anything, they should be lifting the population cap so that people feel comfortable spreading out and push on multiple fronts.

A 20% reduction from the current 150 population or so would be horrible since so much of the action would be concentrated on the few organized groups left.

They could lower the max group size to 12, 14, or 16. Kinda surprised they haven't already.
      V Є H Є M Є И C Є
        Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
        Solongandthanksforallthef
        Revenge of the Hist
        Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      1. technohic
        technohic
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I dropped oil on a group and it hurt because it hurt al of them. Too many for healers to just easily heal everyone to full.
      2. The-Baconator
        The-Baconator
        ✭✭✭✭
        technohic wrote: »
        I dropped oil on a group and it hurt because it hurt al of them. Too many for healers to just easily heal everyone to full.

Siege has always been uncapped
        First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
        Potato Lord of Atrocity
      3. Jadokis
        Jadokis
        ✭✭✭

Before someone responds to you, I spent the last 20 minutes looking for the quote from Brian Wheeler so I wouldn't have the same problem I did last time I argued this with someone.
        For clarification, Siege weapons have no cap.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2490105/#Comment_2490105

Also something I found while doing so:
        Lowering population will not resolve client or server performance as you can still hit a critical amount of players in an area which would results in lower performance for either the client or the server. This is evident in cases where populations are equal, if not higher than regular campaigns, such as Black Water Blade on Xbox, and perform just fine.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3674922/#Comment_3674922

For Frozn's suggestion.
      4. technohic
        technohic
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Jadokis wrote: »

Before someone responds to you, I spent the last 20 minutes looking for the quote from Brian Wheeler so I wouldn't have the same problem I did last time I argued this with someone.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2490105/#Comment_2490105

Lowering population will not resolve client or server performance as you can still hit a critical amount of players in an area which would results in lower performance for either the client or the server. This is evident in cases where populations are equal, if not higher than regular campaigns, such as Black Water Blade on Xbox, and perform just fine.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3674922/#Comment_3674922

For Frozn's suggestion.

Huh. Then I am surprised it seemed more effective. Maybe I just got a bad group
      5. Jadokis
        Jadokis
        ✭✭✭
        Jadokis wrote: »

For Frozn's suggestion.

Huh. Then I am surprised it seemed more effective. Maybe I just got a bad group

Could have been yeah. If they didn't purge the oil you dropped they most likely would melt from it. Oils OP.
      6. red_emu
        red_emu
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        It was a nice change and battles aren't blob v blob as much as they used to be. The only annoying thing is that ALL I SEE on my death recap is Proxy Det + V. Death. Everyone will now cheese the hell out of this combo until ZOS nerfs it to the ground next patch.
        PC - EU:
        Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
        Falathren - AD StamSorc
        Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
        Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
        Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
        Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
        Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
      7. DHale
        DHale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        AOE caps... good riddanance to a feature never wanted by players and never needed by players.
        Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
      8. Asgari
        Asgari
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Are physical damage ults hitting more than 6 people like leap and dawnbreaker? I haven’t seen CLS show more than 6
        Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
        Princess Asgari | Sorc
        Asgari | NB
        -Asgari | Stamplar
        Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
        Banner Down!
        No Mercy
        Youtube: Asgari
      9. Sanct16
        Sanct16
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Asgari wrote: »
        Are physical damage ults hitting more than 6 people like leap and dawnbreaker? I haven’t seen CLS show more than 6

I guess it's just hard to hit more than 6 people because of how small the area you hit actually is.
        - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
        AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
        EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
        AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
        AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
        EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
        AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
        AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
        EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
        EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
        DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
        DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
      10. Grimlok_S
        Grimlok_S
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        red_emu wrote: »
        It was a nice change and battles aren't blob v blob as much as they used to be. The only annoying thing is that ALL I SEE on my death recap is Proxy Det + V. Death. Everyone will now cheese the hell out of this combo until ZOS nerfs it to the ground next patch.

Does ZOS need to nerf it, or do you need to maintain your buffs/stand more than 4 meters away from the blob?
        Light Attack Hero

Class context
        Stamplar
        StamDK
        Stamsorc
        MagDK
        StamMAGStamden
        Magplar
        Stam NB
        Bomb NB
      11. Vilestride
        Vilestride
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Asgari wrote: »

With the size of these ultis I don't imagine they often would be hitting more than 6 people. Of course with this games patch history I wouldn't be surprised if something was broken. But my first guess would be the former.

Easy enough to test in a controlled environment if you can get 7 mates together.
      12. Agrippa_Invisus
        Agrippa_Invisus
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Playing on and off over the last few days, one thing I did notice was that in tight confines the bombs and ulti drops hurt a lot more.

I've also seen organized groups take damage a lot faster than they're used to in return. It feels like the AOE cap removal is, at least, killing off the stacks of players a little faster in small area environs like a keep.

Give the players someplace they can spread out, and there's nowhere near the difference. It's much harder to get 6+ people inside an AOE when running between Sej and BRK or even on the bridge than when you're pushing into a stacked faction on the flags of BRK, Chalman, or other keeps.

Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
        DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
        Once a General, now a Citizen
        Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
        For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!