Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

StamBlade with Bow any good?

TarrNokk
TarrNokk
✭✭✭✭
I recently built up a new toon with Bow on mainbar and 2H on backbar just for Buffs. 2 x 5 Morag Tong/Marksman and 2 x 5 Marksman/Shieldbreaker
Mainbar: Focussed aim // Draining shot // Venom arrow // Reaping Mark // Radiant Magelight Ulti: Ballista
Backbar: Rally // Resolving Vigor // Leeching Strikes // Dark Cloak // Retreating Maneuver Ulti: Barrier

It's somewhat fun to play in BGs but it seems I can't really kill someone alone, I miss any burst damage like an execute or so. I mostly end up with 3-4 kills and 10-12 assists.
Any suggestions on build/gear?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H/bow is pretty much stamblade bread and butter. Maybe try something like bone pirates and agility or hundings and bone pirates. Get your hands on the master bow if you can. Everything else is just practice.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow has and will in the foreseeable future, only be a support weapon for 2h. Its not rly viable solo for anything else. Good thing tho is that it is a pretty good support(backbar) weapon for 2h, so its not all lost.
    Well unless you wanna play a pure sniper, if that thing is your cup of tea.

My dream stamblade build would be a bow / dw user, but seeing as rally is such a strong backbone for any kinda stamina healing, youre tied to it like a motor to a car.

This is ofc just my personal opinion. Bow works fine in range, but if you are alone you wont keep anything in range for very long.
    Edited by olsborg on February 12, 2018 12:25PM

PC EU
    PvP only
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Bow has and will in the foreseeable future, only be a support weapon for 2h. Its not rly viable solo for anything else. Good thing tho is that it is a pretty good support(backbar) weapon for 2h, so its not all lost.

My dream stamblade build would be a bow / dw user, but seeing as rally is such a strong backbone for any kinda stamina healing, youre tied to it like a motor to a car.

This is ofc just my personal opinion. Bow works fine in range, but if you are alone you wont keep anything in range for very long.

This is really sad :(
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a bow/bow build somewhere on these forums by SodanTok which seems pretty good. IIRC he cleared vMA with it.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strongest bow build I've managed to create:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381412/sniper-stamina-nightblade-pvp-build-clockwork-city-patch/p1

It's viable next patch with Miat's addon gone, though you've still gotta pick targets carefully, as you can't one shot full impen heavy armor 25k+ health builds that are quite common for instance (though if they've no gap closer you can kite them & drop them with Ballista+5 Hawk Eye stacks Asylum Snipe).
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have three archers. one in each alliance

dk argonian archer,
    sorc orc archer
    NB bosmer archer

interestingly i find my dk archer to be the most effective even though on paper the other two should be stronger. There is the facts that I'm not that good at pvp(use controller/have lag/slow, lol) and i've played the dk (as a tank) longer than the others but for whatever reason getting rank 10 was a cakewalk on my dk and my other two struggle.

maybe all the tanks really are in ep. lol
    Edited by Rungar on February 12, 2018 10:03PM
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many sets you can run on a NB currently my stats fully buffed 46k max Stam 2.6k recovery 3.6k weapon damage "not showing master bow enchantment or the 300 from master bow it self so 4.3k weapon damage" 49% crit 950 magic recovery and just about 3k critical resistance. Tool tip for incap over 22k, vigor 17k and many more great things.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/UnfadingSilence/screenshot/8227465
    Edited by Unfadingsilence on February 13, 2018 12:09PM
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

I main a stamblade dw/bow for over a year. I am constantly theory crafting and trying out new builds and I always come back to it. I use pots for gank and I can still hit for 10-11k snipes (focused aim), 5+k surprise attack. Venom arrow is such an under-appreciated skill... I can't live without it. Those two skills and the bow ulti are the only bow skills I use, though.

No-CP, offensive scroll bonus I'm at 30k stam, 3.6k wpn dmg DW, 3.2kish bow unbuffed.

Veli/Kena, Shackle, Shadow Walker
    Edited by nekura on February 13, 2018 3:31PM
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    I run bow/2h with bow as my DPS bar and 2h just buffs. I've posted the build, talked about it, and yet nobody has caught on. I've run it for almost 2 years now.

It's OP. I play PS4. I'm finally working on an updated video to upload to these kinds of posts. It will be done this weekend.

What's funny is daily I'll get ppl asking what I run in PVP after I 1vX or just 1v1 them.

I ACTUALLY TELL THEM and 90% of the time they don't believe me. They think I'm joking and that I'm avoiding sharing my "real build" because it's not meta or what they expect.

And here it is again.

You run
    5 sheer venom
    2pc skoria
    3 agility
    dsa bow nirn trait
    7 medium, all well-fitted.
    Dbl dot poison.

Bow bar is surprise attack, ambush, poison inject, cloak, lethal arrow , incap

2h (any sword and powered) buff bar only with shuffle, relentless focus, vigor, rally, mark, soul siphon ultimate.

Then there is the learning curve and CP allocation but I'll have it detailed in the video once I post it this weekend.

It's fast, hits hard (can constantly setup burst combo), super dodge heavy (inpen on armor actually nerfs survivability extremely hard), has amazing resource management, and very fun.

I damn near soloed grand overlord on my DC nightblade with this setup. My AD nightblade is on his way.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    I run bow/2h with bow as my DPS bar and 2h just buffs. I've posted the build, talked about it, and yet nobody has caught on. I've run it for almost 2 years now.

It's OP. I play PS4. I'm finally working on an updated video to upload to these kinds of posts. It will be done this weekend.

What's funny is daily I'll get ppl asking what I run in PVP after I 1vX or just 1v1 them.

I ACTUALLY TELL THEM and 90% of the time they don't believe me. They think I'm joking and that I'm avoiding sharing my "real build" because it's not meta or what they expect.

And here it is again.

You run
    5 sheer venom
    2pc skoria
    3 agility
    dsa bow nirn trait
    Dbl dot poison.

2h (any sword and powered) buff bar only with shuffle, relentless focus, vigor, rally, mark, soul siphon ultimate.

Then there is the learning curve and CP allocation but I'll have it detailed in the video once I post it this weekend.

It's fast, hits hard (can constantly setup burst combo), super dodge heavy (inpen on armor actually nerfs survivability extremely hard), has amazing resource management, and very fun.

I damn near soloed grand overlord on my DC nightblade with this setup. My AD nightblade is on his way.

I stopped looking at ranks on Xbox after the 2 pvp events ranks don't mean anything anymore we got guys with less that 5k kills and under 300 CP with 5 stars on Xbox NA Ranks are a joke. But love that set up I might play around with it
    Edited by Unfadingsilence on February 14, 2018 6:06AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i could keep people Away from me i would be fine as a main Bow user, but they get too close all the time.
    i prefer to keep people atleast 30 yards away from me at all times but i dont see how its possible unless i was a sorcerer using bolt escape and main it with bow.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP allocation but I'll have it detailed in the video once I post it this weekend.

what is your youtube channel so we can look at your videos?

(inpen on armor actually nerfs survivability extremely hard)

say what?

• lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    CP allocation but I'll have it detailed in the video once I post it this weekend.

say what?

For your second comment I meant it specific to the build. Works best well fitted by far.

I'll try to post the video today. Having audio issues uploading for some reason.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭

And here it is again.

You run
    5 sheer venom
    2pc skoria
    3 agility
    dsa bow nirn trait
    Dbl dot poison.

I stopped looking at ranks on Xbox after the 2 pvp events ranks don't mean anything anymore we got guys with less that 5k kills and under 300 CP with 5 stars on Xbox NA Ranks are a joke. But love that set up I might play around with it

I understand what you mean about ranks and agree. However I've never seen anyone on PS4 that low CP with GO. Ive been GO for awhile. I was 2 stars before they even increased the base AP gain all around. Then again I've only ever played my stam nightblade since console launch so a lot of time played lol.

Anyhow, my point was I've played the build a long time and can't get away from it :)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

say what?

For your second comment I meant it specific to the build. Works best well fitted by far.

I'll try to post the video today. Having audio issues uploading for some reason.

none of us can watch your videos because you wont list for us your utube channel.

please give us a link to your utube channel.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Stamblade runs DW/Bow with much enjoyment on my side ...
    ninja.gif
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    My Stamblade runs DW/Bow with much enjoyment on my side ...
    ninja.gif

Out of curiosity what do build do you run for dw/bow? I've never given it much thought.