The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

White-Gold Imperial Courser & Pony Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms) - Feb. 8 to Feb. 12

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
An all-new mount, pet, and dye stamps are here! Look for them in the ESO Crown Store, starting this week.

MOUNT
White-Gold Imperial Courser
362ad086d10f8607c985dacc6ae2a235.jpg
Created after years of extensive breeding, the White-Gold Imperial Courser is said to be the most beautiful horse in all of Tamriel. With its almost ethereal beauty, these horses have been owned by only the wealthiest riders—until now!

The White-Gold Imperial Courser are available for a limited time on all platforms from February 8 to February 12, and costs 3,500 crowns.

PET
White-Gold Imperial Pony
ea3cc662f6be1bbb9ef12155a7e3648f.jpg
The White-Gold Imperial Pony was said to have made its debut as the birthday present for a noble's daughter, though which family can claim this prestige for themselves is still hotly debated by the aristocrats of Cyrodiil.

The White-Gold Imperial Pony are available for a limited time on all platforms from February 8 to February 12, and costs 1,000 crowns.

DYE STAMPS
Blushing
l4kji7n7mx64.jpg

The Blushing dye stamps are available on all platforms from February 8 to February 12 at 10am EST and cost from 50 to 100 crowns.

Will you be getting any of these new Crown Store items? Show us your screenshots and GIFs here or on Twitter at TESOnline.
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on February 8, 2018 3:03PM
Jessica Folsom
Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    Whooooo!
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh pretty. Getting the horse. Might get the pony.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BEST MOUNT EVER!

dtf5Ac3.png
    skYzZB6.png
    Edited by Leeched on February 8, 2018 3:43PM
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
    Options
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a discount if we buy both (horse and pet)? ;)
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the realization a few weeks back as my Dunmer noblewoman was jumping around on her horse waiting to go in PVP that Cyrodiil was the Horse Riding game that my younger self would have loved.

61QA9GNT39L._AC_UL320_SR272,320_.jpg

Its just that now I've grown up. Instead of riding her horse along beaches and forest trails, my princess rides into battle in full armor, screaming "Blood for the Pact!" and slaughtering her enemies. Sometimes, growing up is awesome.
    Options
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rilis - Question, does it sparkle in game?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
    Options
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jaeysa Yes and it's ridiculous.
    Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, but the sparkles ruin it.
    Edited by Bleakraven on February 8, 2018 4:01PM
    Options
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE the sparkles and the gold hoof prints - perfect for my Warden Princess Ayriah!!

f2irMj6.png

9W4pL2i.png
    Edited by DiNanna63 on February 8, 2018 4:57PM
    Options
  • bethsheba
    bethsheba
    ✭✭✭
    I would have bought this horse instantly. But someone totally MLPed it with those sparkles. All it is missing is to fart out rainbows. Devs have to realize that many players love ESO because it is so much more immersive than other games as far as it's realistic graphics. With every glowy skin, freaky pet, and wacky mount, some of the immersion effect is lost to us. I know that on the other end of the scale, players who love this kind of thing would miss it. Just wish there were client side options to select which pets/mounts/skins were visible to a player.

Buuut, that seems like huge request, so please, next time the horse comes, ditch the sparkles.

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sparkles were a deal breaker for me, too. That's OK. I have 3500 Crowns to spend on something else.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see new horses .
    Options
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice horse but it is a little too pretty for me.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

Options
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    The sparkles are ridiculous. I might have bought it without (3500 crowns is also ridiculous, and I'm sitting on tens of thousands).

Game is filling up with visual incoherence. It's one thing passing on something you don't like and another when such jarring things are forced on you. I feel like I paid for a game aesthetic that Zeni are not honouring. We play video games. Video and game. Those are the two components to your product. People would be rightly upset if the game part was changed out to be a single player RTS. That's what exactly what's happening to the video part.

It's mind-boggling how much influence short-term revenue decisions are having on this game. A beautiful model absolutely decimated in a rush to target a demographic this IP isn't for.

I don't know what else to say.
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sparkles are ridiculous. I might have bought it without (3500 crowns is also ridiculous, and I'm sitting on tens of thousands).

Game is filling up with visual incoherence. It's one thing passing on something you don't like and another when such jarring things are forced on you. I feel like I paid for a game aesthetic that Zeni are not honouring. We play video games. Video and game. Those are the two components to your product. People would be rightly upset if the game part was changed out to be a single player RTS. That's what exactly what's happening to the video part.

It's mind-boggling how much influence short-term revenue decisions are having on this game. A beautiful model absolutely decimated in a rush to target a demographic this IP isn't for.

I don't like those orange monstrosities people pay gems for but I don't feel a need to make posts about how my visual enjoyment of the game has been impaired or hint that people that like such things shouldn't be catered to.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol 3500 crowns, *** no
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »

I don't like those orange monstrosities people pay gems for but I don't feel a need to make posts about how my visual enjoyment of the game has been impaired or hint that people that like such things shouldn't be catered to.

You sort of just did. :smiley:

But you do bring up a point, between the two of you. One that is not a stranger to these conversations. It isn't enough to simply "not buy" these "monstrosities" when we see them all over Tamriel because others buy them.

Seems to me that someone once suggested an Option under Gameplay that would make it so that everyone was riding a normal horse. Something like that. That is a little extreme, but I can understand the sentiment.
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you do bring up a point, between the two of you. One that is not a stranger to these conversations. It isn't enough to simply "not buy" these "monstrosities" when we see them all over Tamriel because others buy them.

Seems to me that someone once suggested an Option under Gameplay that would make it so that everyone was riding a normal horse. Something like that. That is a little extreme, but I can understand the sentiment.

I'm adult enough to respect someone else's choices, whether it is visually appealing to me or not. Therefore, I wouldn't use anything that showed someone sitting on a "normal" horse. Monstrosity or otherwise, that player chose an orange fire mount, or whatever else, as part of their characters identity, I'm not about to advocate for a setting to censor other people.

I just think the upset over a few sparkles is silly.
    Options
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭

I'm adult enough to respect someone else's choices, whether it is visually appealing to me or not. Therefore, I wouldn't use anything that showed someone sitting on a "normal" horse. Monstrosity or otherwise, that player chose an orange fire mount, or whatever else, as part of their characters identity, I'm not about to advocate for a setting to censor other people.

I'm also adult enough to respect someone else's choices. You can agree or not, but I'm certainly not making judgements on other people.

I'd be grateful if you didn't put words to that effect in my mouth.
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm also adult enough to respect someone else's choices. You can agree or not, but I'm certainly not making judgements on other people.

I'd be grateful if you didn't put words to that effect in my mouth.

That quote wasn't about you.
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/4_Bjqm2_2_o

I bought both the pet and the mount and made a quick video of them. First part is with all mount upgrades hidden, at 1:00 you can see the horse with all upgrades visible though.
    They sparkle and leave golden glowing footprints on soft ground, and they make a "sparkle"-sound, don't know how to describe that. :smiley:
    Edited by Svenja on February 9, 2018 12:17AM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    So happy with the new mount! It's so pretty, my character looks awesome riding around on it!
    Options
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭

This one, at the beginning of the that thread, was. Please accept my apologies for jumping down your throat.

I await the same.

Options
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    DiNanna63 wrote: »
    I LOVE the sparkles and the gold hoof prints - perfect for my Warden Princess Ayriah!!

f2irMj6.png

9W4pL2i.png

I actually didn't notice the golden hoof prints, that's really cool. Thanks for sharing!
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, the problem with Sparkle Horse is that they took an attractive mount that did not need any sparkles, and added sparkles to it. The horse was fine before they added the sparkles. I don't think that the sparkles add to the horse. In a way, they distract from it.

This does not make me upset, and I don't hate people who buy it. I know that in 6 months I won't be seeing much of this horse in the game. Until then, I will see it in the game, but given the hefty price, probably not as much as the atronach mounts or the orange people.

What it does mean is that I didn't buy a 3500 Crown horse that I would have thought seriously about buying between now and Monday.

You know, I had an amusing thought during New Life Festival. We tromp off to Alcaire Castle and juggle flames and daggers, and swallow a sword, and they all stand around us cheering like we just did something amazing. Then, we jump on a flaming mount and ride off, and that is somehow normal and everyday.
    Options
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is without any doubt the ugliest horse I have ever seen in a contemporary computer game!
    It has a small resemblance to a real horse but not very convincing. Head, legs and rump are way off. Like somebody took a thin dog and boltet a mane on it. Plus sparkles.
    The old ESO-horses may look a little bit dated - but THIS thing is not even in the equine ballpark.
    Options
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/4_Bjqm2_2_o

I bought both the pet and the mount and made a quick video of them. First part is with all mount upgrades hidden, at 1:00 you can see the horse with all upgrades visible though.
    They sparkle and leave golden glowing footprints on soft underground, and they make a "sparkle"-sound, don't know how to describe that. :smiley:

Thanks for the video. If I was not in love with my tiger mount, I would buy that perfect horse for my kitty. I love the sparkles.
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, the problem with Sparkle Horse is that they took an attractive mount that did not need any sparkles, and added sparkles to it. The horse was fine before they added the sparkles. I don't think that the sparkles add to the horse. In a way, they distract from it.

This does not make me upset, and I don't hate people who buy it. I know that in 6 months I won't be seeing much of this horse in the game. Until then, I will see it in the game, but given the hefty price, probably not as much as the atronach mounts or the orange people.

What it does mean is that I didn't buy a 3500 Crown horse that I would have thought seriously about buying between now and Monday.

You know, I had an amusing thought during New Life Festival. We tromp off to Alcaire Castle and juggle flames and daggers, and swallow a sword, and they all stand around us cheering like we just did something amazing. Then, we jump on a flaming mount and ride off, and that is somehow normal and everyday.

I see your point and understand. I didn't expect the sparkles, and agree it doesn't need it, though for me it's a cute addition. It just feels it's nice to have a mount with effects that appeals to me for a change, though it wouldn't bother me if the sparkle was toggable like the stamina upgrade is, for example.

This one, at the beginning of the that thread, was. Please accept my apologies for jumping down your throat.

I await the same.

That's ok, I apologise too :)
    Edited by LadyAstrum on February 8, 2018 6:35PM
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think in general it's awesome that there are more and different horses available. People asked for it a while back.

Sparkles or no, for myself I don't agree with the price.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bethsheba wrote: »
    I would have bought this horse instantly. But someone totally MLPed it with those sparkles. All it is missing is to fart out rainbows. Devs have to realize that many players love ESO because it is so much more immersive than other games as far as it's realistic graphics. With every glowy skin, freaky pet, and wacky mount, some of the immersion effect is lost to us. I know that on the other end of the scale, players who love this kind of thing would miss it. Just wish there were client side options to select which pets/mounts/skins were visible to a player.

Buuut, that seems like huge request, so please, next time the horse comes, ditch the sparkles.

LOL its hilarious that we have the option to disable combat animations (not even an option in Cyrodiil) but not flashy mount animations. Gives me an idea where the game is heading
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sparkle really isn't too bright and flashy. It's quite subtle in my opinion.

TYMmAE1.gif

Jbbc8OR.jpg

kOMzZkK.jpg

Edited by LadyAstrum on February 8, 2018 10:42PM
    Options