The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hi I’m kinda new to pvp and need help

• TheCalvinist
    Those 3 things alone for me were a game changer. And I still have room to improve for sure. Learn timing your abilities to go off at the same time.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    eXnihilO wrote: »
    I enjoy the Bow/Bow playstyle in PvP, too! :) My advice would be to not use Impen at all because even when you do, you're still basically dead if someone catches you... so I'd focus on higher damage and playing safe, even bringing stealth potions since you're not a Nightblade. I don't think an effective (high damage) marksman can ever win vs. heavy armor melee builds, so Impen will only lower your damage. It will help you survive, but that can be done in other ways that don't reduce your damage. Also, a cheeky thing that some people do is running Inner Light to proc the Might of the Guild passive for the Mage's Guild... it's a 'free' empower for most marksmen and it makes your Lethal Arrow really strong. This requires level 10 in the Mages Guild sadly, which is a soul-crushing grind for a lot of people. Have fun!

*this probably off topic but u mentioned it and I can justify a new post for suck a basic question. I'm a mag sorcerer, just getting into eso. my question is about slotting inner light vs. slotting the class skill ageis armor, I'm not sure correct spelling but that should be close, both give you boost to max magic but I believe the difference is once also boosts your frit, which is inner light I believe, and the other boosts something different, which for the life of me I can't remeber right now. What I'm asking is when it comes to those two skills is there one that is generally better to run than the other or is it personal preference ?
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eXnihilO wrote: »
    I enjoy the Bow/Bow playstyle in PvP, too! :) My advice would be to not use Impen at all because even when you do, you're still basically dead if someone catches you... so I'd focus on higher damage and playing safe, even bringing stealth potions since you're not a Nightblade. I don't think an effective (high damage) marksman can ever win vs. heavy armor melee builds, so Impen will only lower your damage. It will help you survive, but that can be done in other ways that don't reduce your damage. Also, a cheeky thing that some people do is running Inner Light to proc the Might of the Guild passive for the Mage's Guild... it's a 'free' empower for most marksmen and it makes your Lethal Arrow really strong. This requires level 10 in the Mages Guild sadly, which is a soul-crushing grind for a lot of people. Have fun!

*this probably off topic but u mentioned it and I can justify a new post for suck a basic question. I'm a mag sorcerer, just getting into eso. my question is about slotting inner light vs. slotting the class skill ageis armor, I'm not sure correct spelling but that should be close, both give you boost to max magic but I believe the difference is once also boosts your frit, which is inner light I believe, and the other boosts something different, which for the life of me I can't remeber right now. What I'm asking is when it comes to those two skills is there one that is generally better to run than the other or is it personal preference ?

Bound Aegis has to be slotted on both bars to keep active, innerlight can be single barred - I prefer innerlight
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    wait so I am wrong in thinking that mages light has to be on both bars to keep bonus, I know with aegis it has to b on both bars or you will have to reapply it when swapping bar to bar its slotted on, I don't remember if I heard or read same it somewhere but I was under impression it was the same with both skills and having to slot them on both bars.... if I am mistaken about there are there any other skills that come with a bonus from having it slotted that will stay active even water switching bars with out needed to use up two slots....
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait so I am wrong in thinking that mages light has to be on both bars to keep bonus, I know with aegis it has to b on both bars or you will have to reapply it when swapping bar to bar its slotted on, I don't remember if I heard or read same it somewhere but I was under impression it was the same with both skills and having to slot them on both bars.... if I am mistaken about there are there any other skills that come with a bonus from having it slotted that will stay active even water switching bars with out needed to use up two slots....

Aegis is a toggle, which means you need to activate it for its bonus to be active. It will stay active until you toggle it off or switch to a bar that doesn't have it slotted. This also means that when you swap back you need to use a cool down to re-activate it if you want the bonus again.
    To avoid that, it needs to be on both bars, then it can stay toggled on.
    (This is going to change with the summers patch)

Inner light gives a passive bonus whenever it is on your current bar - no need to activate a toggle, so if you bar swap and swap back, its bonus automatically reapplies.

Inner light is just better, for that reason and also for the crit bonus, the stealth detection and empower.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.