Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Testing the Master Bow vs. the Maelstrom Bow

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the whole change with the Master's Bow to only work against single target, caused the calculation of the Weapon Damage to be hard limited? When I tested the changes to Master's Bow (it used to instead give a Weapon Damage bonus to your character sheet instead of attacks against that target), the overall damage had gone down.

I know that bonuses of Stam/Mag + WD/SD are affected by CP, crits, etc, but I thought this change to the Master's Bow caused it to lose out on such added benefits, since it operated more like Sun/etc instead where it was, seemingly, calculated differently. As I do all my testing on NB, once I saw it doing even LESS DPS than it was prior (where it was already losing to begin with), I immediately stopped investigations from disappointment.

Still would be neat to see the differences in a group situation :)
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    I was under the impression everyone knew they weren’t that different, I’ve been saying on any guides I put out or any help I give to friends, that the master bow isn’t that different especially now the *** 1k stamina from the bow and the superior 182 weapon damage have been erased.

As far as the whole situational thing goes I don’t think it’s that much of a problem, I can’t think of that many situations where the boss is constantly moving and even so most top guild DDs have made their rotations so thought out that they can re cast their hail in their rotation as the boss moves, I.e. rakkhat.

Speaking from a strictly stamplar perspective, the rotation would not allow for poison injection to take centre stage as power of the light timings dictate a drop off for bow skills if you want to maximise the uptime. However the findings on StamSorc and StamDK look promising,

Got to take dummy parses with a pinch of salt as at the end of the day, it is a stationary target and you don’t take into consideration the extremely varying Raid buffs and their whacky uptimes given the broken game engine and human error. Would definitely still keep with the Maelstrom Bow as vMA is no longer difficult content.
    Washed up player
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I thought the whole change with the Master's Bow to only work against single target, caused the calculation of the Weapon Damage to be hard limited? When I tested the changes to Master's Bow (it used to instead give a Weapon Damage bonus to your character sheet instead of attacks against that target), the overall damage had gone down.

I know that bonuses of Stam/Mag + WD/SD are affected by CP, crits, etc, but I thought this change to the Master's Bow caused it to lose out on such added benefits, since it operated more like Sun/etc instead where it was, seemingly, calculated differently. As I do all my testing on NB, once I saw it doing even LESS DPS than it was prior (where it was already losing to begin with), I immediately stopped investigations from disappointment.

Still would be neat to see the differences in a group situation :)

I will ask my raidmates to do a group buffed parse with me in the next days, with combat prayer, off-balance and a warhorn rotation :smile:

Problem with that is that there are a lot more variables that will be inconsistent...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now here's a question, which scales better in a no cp environment? Namely grinding mobs and bosses in the Imperial city no cp campaign. I'm really not sure how to calculate that.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now use Arrow Barrage instead of Endless Hail
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for anyone visiting this topic late [it's a year old in case nobody noticed] the bottom line for scalebreaker is: if you have vma bow, keep endless and it'll do good damage, if you have master's bow take barrage. Master's is a bit stronger by a small margin but vma bow is perfectly viable if you don't have the chance to grind vdsa a crap ton. Also, vma bow is better for trash/aoe damage.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer