The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Requesting char load = new infinite loading screen?

Jacozilla
Jacozilla
✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen time to time the infinite load screen ppl talk about in past but not often enough to complain about.

But lately I seem to get an infinite 'Requesting character load' message when logging off one character from a stable game sessions, to an alt. Pure random whether I will get it or not.

Fix is easy, just close eso64 client program, relaunch and I'm fine usually (sometimes get request char load infinite screen again but again same fix).

No idea if ZOS login servers are just swamped, some other resource constraint, but it seems getting worse lately.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm right now trying to travel in vvardenfell from one shrine to another and i'm writing this while i have the load screen running since about 12 minutes ago. unfortunately at my account it happens a lot, that's why i play now in window mode to be browsing while i wait for the load screens to finish.

i remember that last year i asked for a button to cancel the load screens, it would be great. something to let us stay at the point that we were, or at least a way to close the game without having to force the shut down and lose changes that we did in addons.

i'm sure that those random infinite loading screens will never be fixed, so it would be nice to have some way to help us cancel it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to try is to disable all addons and see if the problem persists. Also addons like Master Merchant initializing while trying to load a character is never going to be good. I delay the initialization and set the scan rate out to max time between for best results.

I know I talked about MM mostly but other addons can cause thus issue too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• iRouge
    iRouge
    ✭✭
    My Character at Vardenfell took a whole 2 minutes to load, my other character at my personal home took seconds. This isn’t normal.
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal