Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question on home storage

Kwik1
Kwik1
✭✭✭✭
So is there a certain size requirement for home storage? meaning can I have all the storage containers in a free apartment, or will I need a bigger home? I know zero about housing.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The important question is: Are you a member of ESO+?

If you are a member of ESO+, the large houses (e.g. Hunding's Palatial Hall) will have up to eight (8) collectible slots for all eight storage containers.

If you're not a member of ESO+, then the Alliance Manors will still only offer five (5) collectible slots.

ESO Reddit doesn't list all the new houses ... but it's the best source I could find at the time of this post.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 6, 2018 3:34AM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The important question is: Are you a member of ESO+?

If you are a member of ESO+, the large houses (e.g. Hunding's Palatial Hall) will have up to eight (8) collectible slots for all eight storage containers.

If you're not a member of ESO+, then the Alliance Manors will still only offer five (5) collectible slots.

ESO Reddit doesn't list all the new houses ... but it's the best source I could find at the time of this post.

Did something change? They were going to be part of collectible slots, which would give me plenty of room even in the medium size Sleek Creek house for all 8. (Since I have 20 slots for that with eso+) Even my small house will hold 10 items.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to have 6 of those collectable slots as Tale said. They do not seem to be adding more slots so it will take a lot of trophies out of your house. In my case I will be left with 4 of the original 10 trophy slots left as I have no intention of subbing this game with the way I feel things currently are. I'm not sure why they didn't just add 6 trophy slots to each house but here we are. I actually like their concept of using the trophy system to allow the same storage containers in all houses but the effect on the already low limits is pretty lamentable and was pretty foreseeable.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

Did something change? They were going to be part of collectible slots, which would give me plenty of room even in the medium size Sleek Creek house for all 8. (Since I have 20 slots for that with eso+) Even my small house will hold 10 items.

The patch notes say the storage chests occupy a collectible spot ... not a trophy spot. So, that’s six (6) maximum collectibles for Sleek Creek.

Here are the patch notes:

• Since these are collectibles, you can place each one in as many homes as you like, and will see the same items regardless of which home you open that particular chest or coffer in.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 6, 2018 6:33AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    You have to have 6 of those collectable slots as Tale said. They do not seem to be adding more slots so it will take a lot of trophies out of your house. In my case I will be left with 4 of the original 10 trophy slots left as I have no intention of subbing this game with the way I feel things currently are. I'm not sure why they didn't just add 6 trophy slots to each house but here we are. I actually like their concept of using the trophy system to allow the same storage containers in all houses but the effect on the already low limits is pretty lamentable and was pretty foreseeable.

and why give you all the stupid trophies/busts if you cannot display them? *useless*
  • VJzoo
    VJzoo
    ✭✭
    I could place all 8 storage containers in the Cyrodilic Jungle House (small house) on the PTS with ESO+ :)
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PTS storage chests are in the count for "Collectible Furnishings" - so the same slots as trophies. Inn Rooms have two slots for these but that is enough. If you have only one of the free inn rooms you can still use all 8 chests for storage.

The only limitation is that you cannot access all 8 chests at the same time, only 1 or 2 of them.

To do this you need to do the following with each chest:

Step 1. Open the housing editor and place the chest in your room.
    Step 2. Close the housing editor
    Step 3. Open the chest and put into it the stuff you want to store.
    Step 4. Close the chest.
    Step 5. Open Housing editor again, select the placed chest and then "Put Away".
    Step 6. Close the housing editor.

If you do that with all 8 of the chests in turn you can have stuff stored in all of them, but none of them will actually be placed in your inn room.

To get at the stuff in one of the chests repeat the same steps again, selecting the chest you want to access in Step 1 in the housing editor.

Renaming the chests as a reminder of what's inside will help greatly, I'm sure.

PC EU
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    So a small house with ESO+ will hold all 8 chests?

Anyone know offhand how many slots each storage chest can hold?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60 big 30 small
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PTS storage chests are in the count for "Collectible Furnishings" - so the same slots as trophies. Inn Rooms have two slots for these but that is enough. If you have only one of the free inn rooms you can still use all 8 chests for storage.

The only limitation is that you cannot access all 8 chests at the same time, only 1 or 2 of them.

To do this you need to do the following with each chest:

Step 1. Open the housing editor and place the chest in your room.
    Step 2. Close the housing editor
    Step 3. Open the chest and put into it the stuff you want to store.
    Step 4. Close the chest.
    Step 5. Open Housing editor again, select the placed chest and then "Put Away".
    Step 6. Close the housing editor.

If you do that with all 8 of the chests in turn you can have stuff stored in all of them, but none of them will actually be placed in your inn room.

To get at the stuff in one of the chests repeat the same steps again, selecting the chest you want to access in Step 1 in the housing editor.

Renaming the chests as a reminder of what's inside will help greatly, I'm sure.

Well if someone can afford to buy all 8 chests he definitely can afford at least medium house which generally costs like 1 large chest bought with Vouchers or even 1 small chest bought with TV. Inn room fits perfectly for the single free chest new players get at lvl 18, which is very useful
    Rawr