Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I bought a master writ for wood working and I got a provisioning

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
I bought a woodworking master writ for 1k I used it and they wanted the "view" recipe I'm sure you know what I'm talking about also I can't find the view recipe anywhere,

Best Answers

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you bought a woodworking masterwrit, it shouldn't be asking for a provisioning drink.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379815/velothi-view-vintage-malbec-recipe-is-not-in-game

Might take a while to track down. There are a few really had to find recipes; another one is Orcrest Agony Pale Ale.

Answer ✓
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you buy it from a guild trader or as part of a CoD with another player?

If it was another player, they may have advertised a woodworking master writ and sent you a provisioning one, either by honest mistake or intentional deception.

If it was in a guild trader you may have been looking at the woodworking writ and accidentally thumbed down at the last minute to an adjacent provisioning writ when you hit the purchase button. One other possibility that has potential is someone else might have bought the woodworking writ from the same trader as you were looking at it, the trader UI didn't update on your screen, and when you purchased it, the trader sent you the item now occupying that slot in the trader roster which ended up being a provisioning writ.

Sawzallz wrote: »
    Well it did Is it cause my woodworking is to low do it changed to provision

I've bought many master writs while on my alts when I happen across a good deal. These writs are nearly always "too high" for my purchasing alt to create, but the game is not set up to convert them to an entirely different crafting skill line just because that character doesn't have the skill to do it.

Mistakes happen, often without realizing it. Unless you're the victim of the first ever documented case of master writ transmogrification (or would it be transmutation?), I think you received a master provisioning writ for Velothi View Vintage Malbec because that is exactly what you bought, and not a woodworking writ.

Edit:Spelling
    Edited by Feric51 on February 6, 2018 3:58PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Answer ✓
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I did buy a wood working master writ I'm 100% sure
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    If you bought a woodworking masterwrit, it shouldn't be asking for a provisioning drink.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379815/velothi-view-vintage-malbec-recipe-is-not-in-game

Might take a while to track down. There are a few really had to find recipes; another one is Orcrest Agony Pale Ale.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Did you buy it from a guild trader or as part of a CoD with another player?

If it was another player, they may have advertised a woodworking master writ and sent you a provisioning one, either by honest mistake or intentional deception.

If it was in a guild trader you may have been looking at the woodworking writ and accidentally thumbed down at the last minuted to an adjacent provisioning writ when you hit the purchase button. One other possibility that has potential is someone else might have bought the woodworking writ from the same trader as you were looking at it, the trader UI didn't update on your screen, and when you purchased it, the trader sent you the item now occupying that slot in the trader roster which ended up being a provisioning writ.

I've bought many master writs while on my alts when I happen across a good deal. These writs are nearly always "too high" for my purchasing alt to create, but the game is not set up to convert them to an entirely different crafting skill line just because that character doesn't have the skill to do it.

Mistakes happen, often without realizing it. Unless you're the victim of the first ever documented case of master writ transmogrification (or would it be transmutation?), I think you received a master provisioning writ for Velothi View Vintage Malbec because that is exactly what you bought, and not a woodworking writ.

Its okay I'm glad I got provisioning because my wood working is trash compared to my provisions but now I have to find a recipe that's insanely hard to get however it's not bad for my first writ the second writ i got my daily is sexy as f
    It's pretty easy but will take a while for research as I need 6 traits but it's worth 103 vouchers
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

I have never seen or heard of a master writ changing because one crafting skill is higher. I've purchased master writs on alts that weren't maxed on all the crafting skills, and a woodworking writ stayed a woodworking writ.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They dont change, must have been an accident in purchase on trader or scammed by another player in trade window.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I don't really care because I have a better provisioning skill than woodworking so just gotta find a view recipe which is worth around 70k in the shop