The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does console need combat metrics add on?

Somber97866
Somber97866
✭✭✭✭✭
On the pc you can get an add on that shows combat metrics. Now console needs something like this. Maybe not the exact add on but atleast a way of telling how much dps/heals/support team members provide in a raid. Does anyone agree/disagree?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I would love combat metrics. Test dummies are nice for practicing rotations and tweaking builds but I'd love to know how good/poor I'm performing in a live raid situation.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine theory crafting without it tbh :#
    Should be a QoL addition.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hell to the yeah we do
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not needed.
    Some may want it

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d like to see mine. But not the rest of the groups.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console does not need. Console will conform to standard and remain content. Like a good peasant.

Just kidding of course. Consoles are great, not bad.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    consoles were meant for single players...no wonder they always the last on everything.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love it on Xbox.

Will we get it?

No.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what about the extra overhead?.. I dare say combat metrics on console would be just too much especially in a raid environment where consoles can struggle anyway. I'm speaking as a console player also, I would like something like this but if it hinders performance then its a big fat no.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect tool for more trolls, thats what consoles really need. More trolls
    Edited by Bhaal5 on February 3, 2018 4:34AM
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine theory crafting without it tbh :#
    Should be a QoL addition.

Yeah, even when I use the dummy, I always check the data I get com Combat Metrics to see where I can improve. It tells you so much more. Where you can improve your buff uptime, what skills are helping the most, etc.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of problems with console comes from the consoles internet provider (ie: xbox live) but also these ZOS ppl are probablypc geeks and not console guru's
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now I wonder why I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on this?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i enjoy the visual aspect of the game (except when it lags)...so, i prefer a clean ui - compass, resource bars and, cuz, i play so many different characters I need to play with my ability bar - would like to be able to phase that out...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 10, 2018 1:10AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now I wonder why I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on this?
    Super Bowl happens.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES!
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consoles should have addons, period. I don't know how you play with the default UI. I, at the MINIMUM, need a minimap in game.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Latin
    Latin
    ✭✭✭
    @Solinur

Lol. Any thoughts?
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    We definitely need this. Maybe it can be toggled so people who don't care don't need to run it and save on lag.
    I've never actually seen lag on console Xbox one yet. Is this really a problem? Maybe it's your internet speed...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% NO to add ons.

Base game functionality or not at all.

Still unsure its needed, or impact it could have to group play in terms of more elitism / snobbery etc.

I get its value. And I guess for my PvP build testing burst would be good, but I think they could add all that to the dummy.

Private battlegrounds would also give A great place to test stuff for PvP
    Edited by Beardimus on February 12, 2018 6:53AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    100% NO to add ons.

Still unsure its needed, or impact it could have to group play in terms of more elitism / snobbery etc.

I get its value. And I guess for my PvP build testing burst would be goo, but I think they could add all that to the dummy.

Probate battlegrounds would also give. A great place to test stuff for PvP

Agree, if a game "needs" addons. Just means theres a l2p factor along with broken underdeveloped game design
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    We definitely need this. Maybe it can be toggled so people who don't care don't need to run it and save on lag.
    I've never actually seen lag on console Xbox one yet. Is this really a problem? Maybe it's your internet speed...

It's not really any ones internet speed when almost every single player in cyrodiil calls out lag. Haderus used to be nicknamed lagerus and vivec is just pure zerging and lag for everyone.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am "PC mater race", and I think consoles deserve to have combat metrics and improve their rotations.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Consoles should have addons, period. I don't know how you play with the default UI. I, at the MINIMUM, need a minimap in game.

Not gonna happen unless ZoS sell/add them as an official add on. Which makes me think it will never happen. Bad enough the hoops Bethesda had to jump through to get add ons for both Skyrim and FO4 on the PS4. I highly doubt ZoS would do it considering all these add ons are a bit meh in the grand scheme of things.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not needed.
    Some may want it
    Very needed, you are playing an MMO that is heavily based around calculations, buffs and debuffs with fast paced combat.

The fact Combat Metrics is not in the base game is incredibly odd, ZOS should be working at including this for players to look at for the end of combat, how else would players optimize their CP without having addons like these. These types of addons can also find bugs within skills.

ZOS is lacking severely in this department, it shouldn't be an addon, should be in the base game for both PC and Console.
    #MOREORBS
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100% NO to add ons.

I get its value. And I guess for my PvP build testing burst would be good, but I think they could add all that to the dummy.

Spoken like someone who doesn't understand how much better the game becomes with addons.

Console players are all freaked out by stuff like Miat's or other addons that tell you to block or dodge or interrupt. They loooove saying that PC players are terrible and getting carried by addons.

Console players are also all freaked out that they won't have the excuse of "but we don't have addons, that's why we are getting worse scores than on PC".

Trust me on those ones. Every time I log onto my Xbox account, I never fail to get one of those. Truth is, things like Combat Metrics, proper buff trackers like Srendarr open up so many possiblities to grow as a player that the fact that ZOS still haven't introduced the above into the base game kinda baffles me.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    100% NO to add ons.

Spoken like someone who doesn't understand how much better the game becomes with addons.

Console players are all freaked out by stuff like Miat's or other addons that tell you to block or dodge or interrupt. They loooove saying that PC players are terrible and getting carried by addons.

Console players are also all freaked out that they won't have the excuse of "but we don't have addons, that's why we are getting worse scores than on PC".

Trust me on those ones. Every time I log onto my Xbox account, I never fail to get one of those. Truth is, things like Combat Metrics, proper buff trackers like Srendarr open up so many possiblities to grow as a player that the fact that ZOS still haven't introduced the above into the base game kinda baffles me.

But on xbox NA we really haven't been getting less scores on pretty much any pve content tbh. Some add ons would be nice to have but none are really that necessary. In fact some of the add ons seem to become to much of a crutch. A couple of my friends who went over not to mention a streamer that went to pc said that the general population in cyrodiil have a slower reaction time applying buffs in general compared to the console player that has to do it quickly due to lag spikes that occur.

Sure it might help some people grow as players, but it might be counter productive with others. The only reason I would want add ons would be to test gear numbers. So I wouldn't mind combat metrics, but some add-ons like the miats really just dumb down pvp too much.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem that most of us console ppl know dummy dps and grouped dungeon dps are so different. I'd like to see some of these stupid stam guys faces when they look at overall dps in an entire raid and see my mag dps higher than there's. Would just like to shut the glotting dps " Mack daddies" up for awhile.