The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

Housing Storage Purchase Question

pjt15253
pjt15253
✭✭✭
Simple question: Can the housing storage containers be obtained via RNG from the "Superb Imperial Reward" similar to the Xivkin polymorphs?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not at this time.

Currently, 7 of the containers can be purchased from either the writ vendor or the tel var merchant:

4 storage chests (60 slots each): 200 writ vouchers or 200,000 tel var
    3 storage coffers (30 slots each): 100 writ vouchers or 100,000 tel var

These will also be for sale in the Crown Store, but the prices haven't been published yet as far as I know.

There is one additional storage coffer that is ONLY AVAILABLE via the level-up advisor at level 18. If you have full character slots and all characters past level 18, you will have to either delete a character or purchase an additional character slot for 1500 Crowns. This one will not be for sale in the Crown Store.

They published an article last week with details on housing storage.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Not at this time.

Currently, 7 of the containers can be purchased from either the writ vendor or the tel var merchant:

These will also be for sale in the Crown Store, but the prices haven't been published yet as far as I know.

There is one additional storage coffer that is ONLY AVAILABLE via the level-up advisor at level 18. If you have full character slots and all characters past level 18, you will have to either delete a character or purchase an additional character slot for 1500 Crowns. This one will not be for sale in the Crown Store.

Hmm, I don't like that one can only be earned with leveling up a new character. I plan to purchase the new slot anyhow, so this isn't something that personally effects me, but seems kind of dirty to tell someone to spend crowns on a new slot or delete a maxed out character in order to earn something like that with no other way to get it in the game. Really don't like that, even with it not effecting me personally, rubs me the wrong way and looks horrible. (edit: and frankly - "delete a character" is never a good response from zos in any situation as a solution).
    Edited by xaraan on February 5, 2018 9:37PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Not at this time.

Hmm, I don't like that one can only be earned with leveling up a new character. I plan to purchase the new slot anyhow, so this isn't something that personally effects me, but seems kind of dirty to tell someone to spend crowns on a new slot or delete a maxed out character in order to earn something like that with no other way to get it in the game. Really don't like that, even with it not effecting me personally, rubs me the wrong way and looks horrible. (edit: and frankly - "delete a character" is never a good response from zos in any situation as a solution).

Yes, I agree with you 100% and have posted similarly in several different threads. But, no response from ZOS on this and with the article that they published last week, this is likely not going to change. I am in this situation, where none of my 9 characters are below level 18 (thanks to the 2 recent double XP events) and there is not a single one that I could see deleting - they all represent years of time/effort/work. And, I won't reward ZOS by buying a character slot at 1500 crowns just to get all the housing storage that is supposedly being offered for free with this update. This is the thanks they give to veteran players? "Oh, sorry you've spent so much money and time on our game, but you can delete a character - that won't cost you anything. Oh...yes, I know that you've spent a lot of time on all your characters and don't want to delete all that time/effort - 1500 Crowns please."
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 5, 2018 10:41PM
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree with you 100% and have posted similarly in several different threads. But, no response from ZOS on this and with the article that they published last week, this is likely not going to change. I am in this situation, where none of my 9 characters are below level 18 (thanks to the 2 recent double XP events) and there is not a single one that I could see deleting - they all represent years of time/effort/work. And, I won't reward ZOS by buying a character slot at 1500 crowns just to get all the housing storage that is supposedly being offered for free with this update. This is the thanks they give to veteran players? "Oh, sorry you've spent so much money and time on our game, but you can delete a character - that won't cost you anything. Oh...yes, I know that you've spent a lot of time on all your characters and don't want to delete all that time/effort - 1500 Crowns please."

How many players is this actually going to affect, though?

More specifically, how many veteran players have 14 characters fully maxed in their inventory bag, bank, and mount capacity space ... before considering storage??

I think I've been pretty diligent on inventory space but I only have 12 characters. 10 of which have max bag and mount capacity space.

These types of threads are going to come up next week in General Discussion ... where I'm going to ask players (read: call out players) on this issue.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at this time.

Same, I've even tagged Gina, but the posts are ignored. It's a very quick and simple question to deal with so really no reason for them to not talk about it unless they are dodging. Which means they know it's shady too.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More specifically, how many veteran players have 14 characters fully maxed in their inventory bag, bank, and mount capacity space ... before considering storage??

I think I've been pretty diligent on inventory space but I only have 12 characters. 10 of which have max bag and mount capacity space.

These types of threads are going to come up next week in General Discussion ... where I'm going to ask players (read: call out players) on this issue.

Well, I know I'm in the minority, but I have 14 characters, all maxed out. Silver/Gold quests done. Mages guild leveled up. Skyshards. PvP leveled up enough for skills I wanted. etc etc.

But despite that I realize I'm in the minority, or that it won't effect me if I'm buying a slot anyhow, it doesn't change the fact that it's wrong. Being ok with them screwing over some players in this manner just because there are not enough of them to make a fuss is not a good thing. Especially when there would be easy fixes that won't effect game balance or mess up anything for anyone else.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems strange to me that ZOS decided to take the level up storage container out of the telvar and writ vouchers inventory. It was there at the start. I think they were trying to make sure people that would get it from leveling didn't accidentally buy it but it would be easy enough to just label it so folks would be warned and not make the mistake.

As it is, I do have friends with no sub level 18 toons who are pretty upset as they don't really have a reason to buy a slot and make another toon at this time. It was not an ideal solution on ZOS part but given the other issues they have it seems pretty minor.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Having 14 fully maxed character inventories is not a required prerequisite to wanting storage chests. There’s no need to “call out players” on wanting to use storage chests in their house instead of inventory mules.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully I have around 5K vouchers and 265K Tel Var as well as 4/14 characters still at level 10 so I will not have to delete anything to get the storage and I could buy it outright with little effort after the update. But I do have another question: what house size do you need to place all 8 storage containers inside? Would the free houses gotten by "A Friend in Need" quest suffice, or I need a bigger one? If so, which is the minimum then: appartment, small/medium/large/manor house?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Thankfully I have around 5K vouchers and 265K Tel Var as well as 4/14 characters still at level 10 so I will not have to delete anything to get the storage and I could buy it outright with little effort after the update. But I do have another question: what house size do you need to place all 8 storage containers inside? Would the free houses gotten by "A Friend in Need" quest suffice, or I need a bigger one? If so, which is the minimum then: appartment, small/medium/large/manor house?

The staple house from the quest will not be big enough for eight containers because these are in a special category. I believe last I checked you will need the small house if you have ESO+, and the medium house if you do not have ESO+. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m mistaken.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • LadyLavender
    LadyLavender
    ✭✭

What does it matter if I have 9 characters or 14? Either way, my baby is past level 18 which means if I want that coffer I am going to have to shell out the crowns for another character slot. The fact that I can afford it is not the point, it is the principe of the thing.

Also, why do you have to be fully maxed in all possible storage avenues in order to want storage? Those final bank upgrades are pricey, and the storage containers may well be cheaper!

If it actually matters...Yes, I have maxed my bank (YEARS ago). Yes, I have maxed my horse space on every character but my baby. Yes, I have maxed my inventory space on the same. It is never enough, and I can easily think of at least 8 categories I want for the storage containers of stuff I want out of my bank.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are probably thinking:

"What 7 chests that never existed before not enough?"
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are probably thinking:

"What 7 chests that never existed before not enough?"

I dunno. I know an awful lot of people with maxed slots, maxed storage, etc. I most assuredly will be buying a 15th character slot to get that extra chest, and am greatly looking forward to more storage space - maybe allowing some of my overstuffed alts to actually do content. I save up a lot of stuff to give away to new players and those suddenly interested in changing roles who then suddenly can try out a new build. I like to switch around, too, especially in PvP. My argonian templar healer alone must have 12 Sets easily swapped around for different strategies. That's an extreme case. I certainly won't ever have too much storage.

I'm much more annoyed by having to level up a 15th mount than I am at having to buy a new character slot, however.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of Dragon Bones patch there will be 3720 storage slots available for subscribers (3480 to non-subscribers) which IMO is enough even for the most inveterate hoarders about.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What does it matter if I have 9 characters or 14? Either way, my baby is past level 18 which means if I want that coffer I am going to have to shell out the crowns for another character slot. The fact that I can afford it is not the point, it is the principe of the thing.

Also, why do you have to be fully maxed in all possible storage avenues in order to want storage? Those final bank upgrades are pricey, and the storage containers may well be cheaper!

If it actually matters...Yes, I have maxed my bank (YEARS ago). Yes, I have maxed my horse space on every character but my baby. Yes, I have maxed my inventory space on the same. It is never enough, and I can easily think of at least 8 categories I want for the storage containers of stuff I want out of my bank.

Good point, shouldn't matter how many character slots you have and what you've done with them, they shouldn't require you to buy a new slot just to have access to something in the game.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options