Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LF for a LGBT guild!

mckinlee
mckinlee
Looking for a guild that isn't necessarily exclusive to LGBT folks, but it would be a part of a group of like minded individuals.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don’t u just join a guild regardless of your sexual orientation?
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

Because believe it or not, there are a lot of guilds out there that will discriminate, so for LGBT people, it's more on them to find a welcoming guild rather than on guilds to be welcoming. Not saying there aren't guilds out there that are good - there are many - but it's a thing LGBT people have to look out for, as opposed to straight people who don't really have to worry about that.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • mckinlee
    mckinlee

Isn't it quite obvious? Because with a saddening amount of people out there who would knowingly and willingly verbally harras LGBT folks. Knowing that you have a place where you can go and feel safe and fine is worth something. Knowing that there will be no casual use of "Gay", "***" or "***" is a big reason, and you won't be persecuted and potentially made fun of for being who you are in a guild is something I think we can all enjoy.

Until we get to the point where we are tolerant, understanding, and accepting and learn to watch our tongues, I'll continue to search for guilds that I feel comfortable in.
  • mckinlee
    mckinlee
    Marginis wrote: »

Because believe it or not, there are a lot of guilds out there that will discriminate, so for LGBT people, it's more on them to find a welcoming guild rather than on guilds to be welcoming. Not saying there aren't guilds out there that are good - there are many - but it's a thing LGBT people have to look out for, as opposed to straight people who don't really have to worry about that.

Thank you :)
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are at least 2, use the search function here and you are probably finding it
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't discriminate in Lone Wolf Help. We have all ages, races, genders, orientations, preferences, peculiarities, quirks, eccentricities, introverts, extroverts intermediateverts, outlooks, inlooks, sidelooks, whatever.

All we care about is your helpful, nice and have fun playing the game.

If you want a nice place to call home, send me an email in the game to @Nestor so I have your account name spelled correctly and I can get you in the guild. I can get you in this evening.

Also, we tend to have a trading kiosk most weeks, an awesome Guild Hall and lots of Crafters to help you.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To the people asking why: you.

A person asks for something they want. If you can't offer it, just don't answer.

You guys are exactly why we're careful or look for something specific. Because we just don't want to constantly justify who we are.
  • Telana
    Telana
    ✭✭
    Hey Mckinlee! I would encourage you to check out Remnants of Hope! We take great pride in our mission, which is to provide a safe, welcoming, all-inclusive atmosphere to everyone. Our main thing is: respect your fellow human. I'd encourage you to check out our website to learn more! I'm not sure what aspects of the game you are interested in, but RoH takes part in all!

Let me know if you have any questions :) Best of luck with your search!

http://www.remnantsofhope.com

~Telana
  • Ruskiyvix
    Ruskiyvix
    99.9% of people won't ask your sexual orientation, either irl or online. Just apply to any guild. I guarantee they won't ask, and they won't harass you.
    Edited by Ruskiyvix on January 31, 2018 11:14AM
  • mckinlee
    mckinlee
    None of this has made me feel even remotely comfortable to just go and join any guild willy nilly. For those of you that defended me and those of you that opened your arms to me to join your guild I truely appreciate it. This just goes show that sadly LGBT individuals still have to go out of their way to search for a safe space because this has made it obvious that not all guilds are created equal. Thanks.
    Edited by mckinlee on January 31, 2018 5:44PM
  • mckinlee
    mckinlee
    Unfortunately, I don’t want to be part of a guild that isn’t even comfortable in acknowledging lgbt folk. I will not go into the closet and present differently just to be in a guild. I want to be in a accepting environment where people care about each other on a personal level. This including knowing about my sexuality.. I don’t have the luxury of not being upfront about my sexual orientation on the fear of being bullied.. intentionally or unintentionally.. even saying something is gay when you mean stupid is stupid.
  • mckinlee
    mckinlee
    We lgbt folks don’t have the luxury of just joining any guild without knowing If they are lgbt friendly first. Full stop. It is sad but that is how it is.
    Edited by mckinlee on January 31, 2018 8:15PM
  • mckinlee
    mckinlee
    You’ll forgive us if we have trust issues. If you knew anything about LGBT history you’d understand why and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
  • mckinlee
    mckinlee
    Sounds like I need to make a Lgbt guild
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did my post get deleted. my apologies ZO$. sorry i said some words on the precious forums. heaven forbid someone say anything resembling what gets said in voice and text chat in game. if they policed and monitered ingame as much as they do in the forums maybe we wouldent have posts like these as often.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed several of the nonconstructive and inappropriate posts from this thread. We expect members of the community to remain respectful of others at all times on our forums, We want the forums to be a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the amount of discrimination in the game is huge. and I will always support someone looking to fit in without the insult and degrading behavior and language.

I am currently in 5 active guilds, one a large trading guild, three social guilds and an "insider" guild*. I see none of this nonsense in guild chat, and for sure none of the guilds tolerate it. I am an Officer in 2 of the social guilds and the insider guild and if anyone is being harassed for any reason and I see it, the harasser's are kicked.

*the insider guild is the original Psyiic Order back when the PTS was called the Psyiic Test Server as it was not public. This was in 2013 if your curious back when you had to know a guy who knows a guy to get in....

Edited by Nestor on January 31, 2018 11:14PM

• TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

the amount of discrimination in the game is huge. and I will always support someone looking to fit in without the insult and degrading behavior and language.

I am currently in 5 active guilds, one a large trading guild, three social guilds and an "insider" guild*. I see none of this nonsense in guild chat, and for sure none of the guilds tolerate it. I am an Officer in 2 of the social guilds and the insider guild and if anyone is being harassed for any reason and I see it, the harasser's are kicked.

*the insider guild is the original Psyiic Order back when the PTS was called the Psyiic Test Server as it was not public. This was in 2013 if your curious back when you had to know a guy who knows a guy to get in....

Im not saying all or even most guilds are like that. or even that all the people in those guilds are. but for those of us that have encountered that negative dark side of people in guilds and ingame it truly sucks. unless your facing the discrimination its hard to explain. I just acknowledge that those seeking a guild with active acceptance of lgbt and the like should have that privilage without others calling them out for snowflakery and such.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also apologies for taking up all this virtual space with this text rambles. i just get a little fired up about homophobia and even more fired up being censored for disscussing it. especially when its a reality people have faced in the game. the good folk at zos should be opening a dialoge about things not just wiping away every little post they dont like.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im also on xbox which i truly think has a vastly different class of players. maybe these problems dont occur as much on pc. alot of it too i notice is way more pvp focused. some of the worst people ive had the displeasure of encountering ingame were from pvp.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A reminder to people posting on this thread that this thread was created by the OP to look for a guild. If you're looking to have an additional general discussion related to ESO, please move discussion to General Discussion. If you need clarification on a forum action or forum rules, you're welcome to reach out to a moderator.

This thread is meant to be a help thread. For the benefit of the OP, please keep on topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a PC thread, but if you ever find yourself on xbox @mckinlee , look up Magicka. It used to be on PC, but we transferred to xbox, where I currently run it with my boyfriend. I won't link an xbox guild in a PC thread to be tacky, but feel free to pop in and say hi should you find yourself in the console world. Gamertag is "Marginis ii".
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • KriegerSangre
    KriegerSangre
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    We don't discriminate in Lone Wolf Help. We have all ages, races, genders, orientations, preferences, peculiarities, quirks, eccentricities, introverts, extroverts intermediateverts, outlooks, inlooks, sidelooks, whatever.

All we care about is your helpful, nice and have fun playing the game.

If you want a nice place to call home, send me an email in the game to @Nestor so I have your account name spelled correctly and I can get you in the guild. I can get you in this evening.

Also, we tend to have a trading kiosk most weeks, an awesome Guild Hall and lots of Crafters to help you.

Is that guild still available? I'm looking for an LGBTQ friendly guild, to play with like-minded people. I have a couple of like-minded friends who play and would probably be interested in joining this guild, were it still available. I mean, if that's okay.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KriegerSangre

We are near full. A recent forum focus has generated a lot of interest in our guild. We are not LGBT focused, we just don't care if you are. So you get to hang out with all types and be yourself.

Send an email in the game to @Nestor and I will get you in this afternoon

• marcobecerra817ub17_ESO
    So I’ve been trying to find a gay guild to join! Are the couple I came across on this thread still active? I’m on Xbox NA server.