Maintenance for the week of January 20:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – January 21,  6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508927/

MagDK Build Help

VirtualElizabeth
VirtualElizabeth
✭✭✭✭
I love my Mag DK. I love the Wings...I love the fire abilities...she just makes me feel so powerful! But when I actually take her into Cyrodiil, I melt like a delicate flower.

Help me make my DK work amongst the big Baddies of Cryo! What builds work for you - armor, skills etc. Thanks!
@ElizabethInAustin
NA/PC - EP
Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
Elsa Larethal - Altmer Mag Warden
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I've been using in no-cp. It works pretty well in small groups. Not terrible solo but I may just need to get better at it.

I don't use engulfing flames because I like having a gap closer, you may switch those out if you prefer. Back bar is for buffs and regaining magicka when necessary. If you have a healer in group, you can swap out coagulating for blockade of storms. I just don't feel comfortable enough yet to do that all the time though.
    Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    Kharllotta, AD Stamden, AR 32
    Kharinnia, AD MagDK, AR 23
    Tertiary Meat - NA/PC - @ Larinon - Youtube
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kartalin Thank you so much!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC - EP
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm using the ever so popular dunmer vamp mag dk, burn em all combo...

DW & inferno destro...5 heavy/2 light...5pc silks of the sun, 2 pc grothdarr, 5 pc julianos (on DW)...

destro bar: molten armaments, resolving vigor (for zerg fighting)/coagulating blood (small scale/pve), destructive reach (pvp)/blockade of fire (pve), hardened armor, flames of oblivion, with eye of flame...

and, for when things get a little more up close and personal...

DW bar: burning talons, coagulating blood, burning embers, elusive mist, flames of oblivion, with ferocious leap...

changing from 5 light/2 heavy to 5 heavy/2 light really made a big difference for me...

I remember reading a response to a post I had made regarding maintaining good mobility on my mag dk - some one jokingly responded that magicka dragonknights don't run...

except for when I use elusive mist - that's pretty accurate...

Edit: this post has made me wanna go take my mag dk for a spin out to cyro, maybe IC...

i'm using the apprentice mundus, witchmothers brew drink...all spell damage jewelry glyphs, flame enchants on weapons (off hand on DW is poison), 4 magicka/3 health glyphs on armor...

stats aren't that great, and I need to buff up a bunch before fighting, also, need to be conscious on my resource regen - but, lot's of fun to fight with...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 30, 2018 5:34AM
    PS4/NA & EU (Cyro & IC): This Must Be The Place...
    Traders Refuge
    The Purple Gang
    PVP: Brotherhood Without Banners
    "I don't have a lot to contribute because mostly I don't really care"
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal Thanks for the details! DKs are so fun which is why I don't want to give up on her!

@DKsUnite I like the idea of the Lich set. I might give that a whirl. Thanks!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC - EP
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VirtualElizabeth I think what you're seeing is there's lots of ways to set up and play MagDK, part of learning the class is figuring out a playstyle that works for you. Hopefully we can get you started in a good direction at least. Lich is very good for sustain, to the point that you can probably put all spell damage glyphs on jewelry. I would still recommend a staff for heavy attacking -- worth noting you don't need Lich on both bars at all times if you swap consistently. But again, it's a matter of what you're comfortable with and how you like to play.
    Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    Kharllotta, AD Stamden, AR 32
    Kharinnia, AD MagDK, AR 23
    Tertiary Meat - NA/PC - @ Larinon - Youtube
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka DK definitely has a lot of build diversity; you can make DW work, you can make 2H work, destro, resto, S&B etc etc...

Here's a couple of popular builds:
    M A G M A's 2H/Resto
    Blobs' S&B/S&B
    Kodi's S&B/S&B
    My Destro/Resto
    Decimus (European Megaserver)
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gear wise im running 5x shackle/5x bsw/2x bloodspawn ( 5L/2H ) ... i alternate between dw/resto and s&b/resto ... depending on if i need more tankiness or more damage .... with dw/resto fully buffed im at about 4k spell dmg ( whip tooltip of about 10-12k )
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 30, 2018 5:40PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Dunmer DragonKnight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Breton Templar ~ Wolf the Healer ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~909~     |     PvP Guilds ~ PUGz of Daggerfall ~     |   ☣☣☣
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another gear set combo that i found to be a bit fun was 5x varen's legacy and 5x desert rose.... heres a clip of that setup
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 30, 2018 6:08PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Dunmer DragonKnight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Breton Templar ~ Wolf the Healer ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~909~     |     PvP Guilds ~ PUGz of Daggerfall ~     |   ☣☣☣
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Everyone!! Luckily I have acquired over the last year or so a full set of both Silks of the Sun and BSW (well can't seem to get that necklace but that's whole other whinefest for me). I would think if I want to make her a bit more tanky Silks would be the way to go.
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC - EP
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 Is your Varen's set Heavy?
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC - EP
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VirtualElizabeth *Edit* just looked at the setup, its 5H/2L
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 31, 2018 3:22AM