Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagDK Build Help

VirtualElizabeth
VirtualElizabeth
✭✭✭✭
I love my Mag DK. I love the Wings...I love the fire abilities...she just makes me feel so powerful! But when I actually take her into Cyrodiil, I melt like a delicate flower.

Help me make my DK work amongst the big Baddies of Cryo! What builds work for you - armor, skills etc. Thanks!
@ElizabethInAustin
NA/PC
Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is what I've been using in no-cp. It works pretty well in small groups. Not terrible solo but I may just need to get better at it.

I don't use engulfing flames because I like having a gap closer, you may switch those out if you prefer. Back bar is for buffs and regaining magicka when necessary. If you have a healer in group, you can swap out coagulating for blockade of storms. I just don't feel comfortable enough yet to do that all the time though.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kartalin Thank you so much!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm using the ever so popular dunmer vamp mag dk, burn em all combo...

DW & inferno destro...5 heavy/2 light...5pc silks of the sun, 2 pc grothdarr, 5 pc julianos (on DW)...

destro bar: molten armaments, resolving vigor (for zerg fighting)/coagulating blood (small scale/pve), destructive reach (pvp)/blockade of fire (pve), hardened armor, flames of oblivion, with eye of flame...

and, for when things get a little more up close and personal...

DW bar: burning talons, coagulating blood, burning embers, elusive mist, flames of oblivion, with ferocious leap...

changing from 5 light/2 heavy to 5 heavy/2 light really made a big difference for me...

I remember reading a response to a post I had made regarding maintaining good mobility on my mag dk - some one jokingly responded that magicka dragonknights don't run...

except for when I use elusive mist - that's pretty accurate...

Edit: this post has made me wanna go take my mag dk for a spin out to cyro, maybe IC...

i'm using the apprentice mundus, witchmothers brew drink...all spell damage jewelry glyphs, flame enchants on weapons (off hand on DW is poison), 4 magicka/3 health glyphs on armor...

stats aren't that great, and I need to buff up a bunch before fighting, also, need to be conscious on my resource regen - but, lot's of fun to fight with...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 30, 2018 5:34AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal Thanks for the details! DKs are so fun which is why I don't want to give up on her!

@DKsUnite I like the idea of the Lich set. I might give that a whirl. Thanks!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @VirtualElizabeth I think what you're seeing is there's lots of ways to set up and play MagDK, part of learning the class is figuring out a playstyle that works for you. Hopefully we can get you started in a good direction at least. Lich is very good for sustain, to the point that you can probably put all spell damage glyphs on jewelry. I would still recommend a staff for heavy attacking -- worth noting you don't need Lich on both bars at all times if you swap consistently. But again, it's a matter of what you're comfortable with and how you like to play.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka DK definitely has a lot of build diversity; you can make DW work, you can make 2H work, destro, resto, S&B etc etc...

Here's a couple of popular builds:
    M A G M A's 2H/Resto
    Blobs' S&B/S&B
    Kodi's S&B/S&B
    My Destro/Resto
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gear wise im running 5x shackle/5x bsw/2x bloodspawn ( 5L/2H ) ... i alternate between dw/resto and s&b/resto ... depending on if i need more tankiness or more damage .... with dw/resto fully buffed im at about 4k spell dmg ( whip tooltip of about 10-12k )
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 30, 2018 5:40PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another gear set combo that i found to be a bit fun was 5x varen's legacy and 5x desert rose.... heres a clip of that setup
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L_Mwglm11U&feature=youtu.be
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 30, 2018 6:08PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Everyone!! Luckily I have acquired over the last year or so a full set of both Silks of the Sun and BSW (well can't seem to get that necklace but that's whole other whinefest for me). I would think if I want to make her a bit more tanky Silks would be the way to go.
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 Is your Varen's set Heavy?
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VirtualElizabeth *Edit* just looked at the setup, its 5H/2L
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on January 31, 2018 3:22AM