The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Not practically standing still and being able to still dodge

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are certain sets that can force you to miss all attacks. Certain ways to bug out or stack dodge chance, and certain programs that can increase your dodge chance. Hopefully most of this has been patched or blocked but was pretty bad at one point. However, it could be legit RNG luck. Is hard to tell.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 29, 2018 11:53PM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKPuQ_2X9U

You can even see me hesitate after the third one, full "what the Hell even?" mode.

Look at how much damage your snipe did. Dodge is a medium users counter to that nonsense. Don't nerf shuffle again since you can't dodge a lot of skills nowadays anyway. Instead of spamming snipe try engaging close rage with different abilities for some better luck, smh.
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on January 29, 2018 11:52PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmm, i wonder if shuffle and mirage would stack - why not...

stand in a breach and dance all day :p

Edit: looks like the only way to stack evasion is to be a warden using deceptive predator...

considering minor evasion is only worth a 5% dodge chance - not so enticing...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 30, 2018 1:13AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see dodge after dodge like in the video all the time on PS4, even with multiple people targeting the player saying they are getting dodge after dodge as well. Why I don't have much sympathy for all the medium armor crying, they are as bad as shield stackers.
    Shuffle needs a cool down as it seems to have the "luckiest" rng in the game.

Agreed. I’ve dueled numerous people in Auridon and Grahtwood, who can apparently dodge damn near every attack I throw at them. All the while also being Fossilized or Talons’d in place. It’s ridiculous. If you’re being locked into place with a root or hard-CC, then how is that you can evade anything?

But what really gets me mad though, are the people who also can’t even be CC’d either. So what is occurring is: My attacks are “missing” and being dodged, all the while I can’t lock them in place from neither a soft or hard-CC. Meanwhile! Said player is floating at around 18k-20k health, and are capable of obnoxiously high amounts of damage. Even with me using a standard ”Perma-block Build” on my MagDK. It’s baffling really.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on January 30, 2018 2:14AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very lucky person. I want him to buy me a lottery ticket. Though not sure if that is possible with current shuffle.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    They could change dodge to a "grazed" instead, where you take 80% less dam but still receive the effect. Snare, bleed, debuff, Immobilize ect.

But I think having a poor latency vs a good latency can cause this too happen too. You might not see them roll dodge ect. Idk. Cheers.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bring good tidings from PTS. They reworked dodgability and blockability.
    We’ve updated several abilities so they better adhere to our block and dodge mechanics. The system is set up to be intuitive – attacks on the ground such as fire or Caltrops cannot be blocked or dodged. We also want dodging to be useful during some instances, and blocking to be useful at other times. The ruleset is as follows:
    Attacks that can be blocked, but not dodged
    AoE explosions such as Radial Sweep, Spear Shards’ initial hit, or Drain Power.
    Beam attacks such as Radiant Destruction, Lightning Staff, or Soul Strike.
    Attacks that cannot be blocked or dodged
    Damage on the ground such as Wall of Elements, Caltrops, or Lightning Splash.
    Effects that are on or inside a player character, such as Daedric Curse, or Backlash. (Damage over time effects)
    Attacks that can be dodged, but not blocked
    Secondary effects that penetrate Block such as the Damage over Time from Sunfire, the surprise attack armor debuff, or the snare from Low Slash snare.
    Note: Block continues to provide stun immunity, so it will stop a secondary effect like the stun from Stonefist.
    Exceptions to these rules will be stated each ability’s tooltip, such as Fiery Grip which cannot be dodged or reflected
    Edited by Ratzkifal on January 30, 2018 9:20AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think all these procs should have been changed to pseudo-rng a long time ago. So when a % chance happens, the chance to proc at next attack goes down. The chance to proc will then climb up with every attack, and the max value is slightly higher to ensure the same overall probability.

This would also be an indirect nerf to 1 shot builds in favour of builds that use sustained pressure.

Also dodge roll notification text should really be different from evade text. Why not "Cloaked" for cloak, "Evade" for evasion and "Dodge" for dodge roll. Then you'd know why your attack didn't connect.
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Dodge is a dumb mechanic. A % based modifier to just avoid all damage with no action on the part of the player makes no sense. And then you have instances like this one that everyone has experienced that make it seem totally broken.

Medium armor needs to be reworked, and given some other bonus for survivability. I'd like to see dodge removed from the game completely.

This is coming from a stamblade main btw.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKPuQ_2X9U

You can even see me hesitate after the third one, full "what the Hell even?" mode.

I feel like this video speaks for itself. Dodge isn't broken, bad luck happens sometimes. Besides that,
    L2P
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But then they would all show as misses, not with dodges mixed in.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was already a post using this video as an example. I wonder how many more times the same people will say the same thing! It’s not annoying at all!

It’s funny I rarely see major evasion work but certain players evade everything. No way something else is going on here! Perfectly normally for a player not using LoS to avoid all damage from 20 different players. He must just be really lucky and skilled! If ZoS singles out the few players who fall into this category I bet you would find a lot less to complain about concerning major evasion...
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge opens up a window of time where everything can be dodged. It sounds crazy until you think about why. If they scripted it where the dodge can only occur at the point of impact then it would be really hard to dodge anything. Because players would have to dodge just before the incoming attack connected with their character bounding box.

Which is hard to do with things like latency. So, to make dodge more useful they open up a small window of time after activation to compensate for flight and impact times. When you use major evasion along side with dodge roll from what I have seen it can make the window time frame longer. I don’t have precise numbers or anything; but it’s something I noticed on my tankblade.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    OP, you are far too high CP to be asking such a stupid question. please refrain from using the forums as your personal complaint forum because you couldn't kill someone in medium armor.

if someone in medium armor using shuffle gets focused they are going to die; meanwhile shield-stacking sorc gets to streak away and gain better positioning on his opponent(s). the two are simply not comparable.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, you are far too high CP to be asking such a stupid question. please refrain from using the forums as your personal complaint forum because you couldn't kill someone in medium armor.

if someone in medium armor using shuffle gets focused they are going to die; meanwhile shield-stacking sorc gets to streak away and gain better positioning on his opponent(s). the two are simply not comparable.

Lmao
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think so like someone else said it probably says miss instead of dodge when this sets used not sure tho
    Edited by Jake1576 on January 31, 2018 7:56PM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Try playing medium armor build without dodge chance and then tell me it needs to be changed.

This^ by the time the zerglings are done eso will be cod, smh. :/
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 31, 2018 5:03AM
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Try playing medium armor build without dodge chance and then tell me it needs to be changed.

I do actually and I can say from experience that I die a lot lol. But that still doesn't make this right. I don't see how this even makes any sense. Either make medium armor players have another way of defending themselves besides dodge. Or do something about shuffle where you can't use it while Standing still. Just my opinion this sort of stuff can make someone so frustrated.

the logic of "you should change this because it makes me and some others angry(frustrated)" is flawed; and I would hope any dev reading this thread would disregard it. they are a lot of things in this game that make players angry. doesn't mean we can just ask for those things to be nerfed to suit our playstyle
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »

I do actually and I can say from experience that I die a lot lol. But that still doesn't make this right. I don't see how this even makes any sense. Either make medium armor players have another way of defending themselves besides dodge. Or do something about shuffle where you can't use it while Standing still. Just my opinion this sort of stuff can make someone so frustrated.

the logic of "you should change this because it makes me and some others angry(frustrated)" is flawed; and I would hope any dev reading this thread would disregard it. they are a lot of things in this game that make players angry. doesn't mean we can just ask for those things to be nerfed to suit our playstyle

But this video doesn't seem right. I've never experienced such dodges before, especially in a row from a delayed attack
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s probably a dropped UDP packet from the server (prob dropped at your router)

ESO is “special” in that it sends all skills / abilities via TCP packets, but sends location via UDP packets. A router or node at any point along the connection between you and the server could be overloaded and begin treating those two differently (prioritizing them differently) leading to a desync. It’s very possible that the status effect of “100% dodge chance” which is delivered via TCP makes it to your computer, but the target’s actual movement, including the roll dodge animation, which is sent via UDP, does not make it.

Now if the target were moving around just fine the whole time while still dodging everything, then we’d have a problem. But the fact that he’s standing perfectly still (or at least not changing vectors) makes me fairly confident that this is a latency issue.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp