The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can we talk about Destructive reach for a moment? (Flame clench, Shock clench etc)

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're assuming it's too strong because you see it being used a lot. It's actually being used a lot because someone thought it was a great idea to remove one of the few hard CCs magicka sorcerers have access to. Magicka sorcercers adapted and now here we are

The skill is fine. Every defense mechanic in the game works against it. Wish a lot of other skills still worked like that...
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously: dodge. The ability is fine
    Edit: I'm tired of the nerf topics I see daily for skills that are absolutely fine in the way they perform.
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on January 29, 2018 9:55AM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From a PVE standpoint the DOT dmg should be increased significantly.
    If I use Shock Clench in a rotation it only gives around 1.2k dps on a magicka sorc dps parse.

Maybe one morph should have the range with high DOT dmg, the other one morph could have to stun and shorter range.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Range stun it provides is an option for magplar and NBs that do not have one. Sorcs still have one albeit slow; and DKs have fists. Not sure why were talking about just this one everyone has access to. Without CC; a lot of things don’t die.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    No. Range stun it provides is an option for magplar and NBs that do not have one. Sorcs still have one albeit slow; and DKs have fists. Not sure why were talking about just this one everyone has access to. Without CC; a lot of things don’t die.

Templar has one - i think also the templar option is a lot more desireable if you´re only looking for the cc.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Templar has one - i think also the templar option is a lot more desireable if you´re only looking for the cc.

Yeah you’re right. Forgot about it. If you’re magicka; I always found the lightning reach better if you run a staff because it has a slightly longer stun. Aurora javelins is really short and the KB really risks putting the target out of range.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    "its blockable" "its dodgable" etc

Yes I am fully aware of that but this games balance must also align itself with the state of the game as well. Sure its dodgable but when its so damned laggy all the time you can dodge one but then end up rolling into one that followed straight after, hense the problem with the spam.
    Are you factoring in lag also probably affects the caster, having to mash the button five times before one actually fires off? Or, how about the one they cast after you're already mid-dodge, but it doesn't show on their end due to the same lag you're complaining about?

It works both ways.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah you’re right. Forgot about it. If you’re magicka; I always found the lightning reach better if you run a staff because it has a slightly longer stun. Aurora javelins is really short and the KB really risks putting the target out of range.

It´s a double edged sword. I feel javelin is superpowerful if you´re playing it correctly and have a movement speed buff (not easy on templar).
    Then there are templars that always knock you out of everyone elses range by spamming javeling effectively being a better rolldodge.
    <Noricum>

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It´s a double edged sword. I feel javelin is superpowerful if you´re playing it correctly and have a movement speed buff (not easy on templar).
    Then there are templars that always knock you out of everyone elses range by spamming javeling effectively being a better rolldodge.

Yeah; I usually wind up with it on my templar as I don't run staves as often. There is a bug with it also I see people using to where if they keep spamming it for the target gets up, the target will keep getting KBed without immunity. Of course any time someone mentions it like Im doing now; I wind up running into more players doing it while I get zerged down.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I like it in templar for the dot when I’m using skoria
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no.
    But I’ll take my frag stun back.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....because right now its worse than wardens spamming birds or Templar spamming Javelin. Its consistency is so good coupled with its half decent damage that you dont even need to care about CC immunity because you can just work spamming it into your rotation.

I dont want it removed its been here since launch really but I do want it nerfed a bit because its just obnoxious now. With the lag included in some situations due to it being so cheap and spammable its virtually impossible to break free or roll dodge it because its being spammed so much that you might as well just die on the spot. I've even seen whole zergs spamming it I mean its ridiculous
    You keep using that word... (Princess Bride reference)

I get knocked off keep walls by this skill. Makes me laugh because I put myself in a spot where it's possible. I don't get mad. I think it's hilarious (Must be really funny for the caster). Please leave this and other skills alone.
    PS4NA
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    ....because right now its worse than wardens spamming birds or Templar spamming Javelin. Its consistency is so good coupled with its half decent damage that you dont even need to care about CC immunity because you can just work spamming it into your rotation.

I dont want it removed its been here since launch really but I do want it nerfed a bit because its just obnoxious now. With the lag included in some situations due to it being so cheap and spammable its virtually impossible to break free or roll dodge it because its being spammed so much that you might as well just die on the spot. I've even seen whole zergs spamming it I mean its ridiculous
    You keep using that word... (Princess Bride reference)

I get knocked off keep walls by this skill. Makes me laugh because I put myself in a spot where it's possible. I don't get mad. I think it's hilarious (Must be really funny for the caster). Please leave this and other skills alone.

Haha; I will look for people on cliffs as a magblade and knock them off, even if it won't kill them, and just cloak out and walk away laughing. Even better when they get up and start frantically looking around holing block.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Reach is expensive enough as to change the sustain needs of a build that is not using a masters destro

This.

You are just noticing it now because the stole the stun from our frags so we pretty much have to run it. I don't have a master destro so I changed my build to be able to spam this because you pretty much have to. This does direct damage, a dot, and a stun and can replace force pulse so doesn't take up more space on my bar. So in my opinion in open world is superior to giving up a bar slot to run rune cage which merely just stuns even though that one is unblockable.

All things equal, everyone's comments about it's drawbacks are extremely true. I don't want to run reach, tbh. I'd much rather have the stun back on my frags. :smile:
    Edited by pzschrek on January 29, 2018 5:26PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL its NOT cheap - you better research your info on skill costs.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    if 8 times out of ten it wasn't dodged or is a plain MISS I could take this seriously

The morph that does more damage/additional effects actually needs a range increase IMO
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf! Nerf! Nerf! Nerf! Nerf!

And then when the nerf comes

Omfg why nerf?! Omfg why nerf?! Omfg why nerf?!

Said by every no skill, really need to l2p before they hit forums crybaby.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Nerf! Nerf! Nerf! Nerf! Nerf!

And then when the nerf comes

Omfg why nerf?! Omfg why nerf?! Omfg why nerf?!

Said by every no skill, really need to l2p before they hit forums crybaby.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/392757/plugin-chrome-han

^ This guy gets it... lol :smiley:
    PS4NA
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We are talking about nerfing Destructive Reach now?

This skill might be annoying, but its not exactly setting the world on fire. Ask any Sorc if they would rather have the CC back on their Frags over Flame Reach.

Flame Reach can be dodged, blocked, absorbed, reflected, and spamming it makes the DOT part of it not work as it keeps getting reset.

I'd be far more concerned with all the archers now hiding spamming Lethal Arrow. Lethal Arrow that has a far greater range, can stun from stealth, 100% procs poisoned status, and Defiles healing by 30% on top of high damage...next patch without Miat's add on Lethal Arrow spam will be EVERYWHERE...you won't be able to have a single fight without someone spamming Lethal Arrows, and Lethal Arrow is FAR FAR more dangerous then Desto touch ever will be.

I would like to add the interrupt changes to this. During CC immunity we wont even be able to interrupt them
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    We are talking about nerfing Destructive Reach now?

This skill might be annoying, but its not exactly setting the world on fire. Ask any Sorc if they would rather have the CC back on their Frags over Flame Reach.

Flame Reach can be dodged, blocked, absorbed, reflected, and spamming it makes the DOT part of it not work as it keeps getting reset.

I'd be far more concerned with all the archers now hiding spamming Lethal Arrow. Lethal Arrow that has a far greater range, can stun from stealth, 100% procs poisoned status, and Defiles healing by 30% on top of high damage...next patch without Miat's add on Lethal Arrow spam will be EVERYWHERE...you won't be able to have a single fight without someone spamming Lethal Arrows, and Lethal Arrow is FAR FAR more dangerous then Desto touch ever will be.

I would like to add the interrupt changes to this. During CC immunity we wont even be able to interrupt them

Next patch the bow-tatoes will be out in force:

Snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe snipe...
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    serious-lee_o_868428.jpg

Nerf Destructive Reach? Now i've seen it all.
    Edited by Berenhir on January 30, 2018 10:46PM
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh... bad players will die to anything and everything. No matter what. I get hatevwhispers from using ice comet on my magic warden. Go figure.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could patch all weapons and skills out of the game - the next day we´d see a "nerf fistfighting" topic.
    <Noricum>

• xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Sigh... bad players will die to anything and everything. No matter what. I get hatevwhispers from using ice comet on my magic warden. Go figure.

"bad players" lol assuming that cyrodil is lag free and is 100% within the players control.

If cyrodil was lag free I actually wouldnt complain about this, I would still feel like its obnoxious and in need of tuning. But because it isnt lag free and people ARE spamming this in a mostly large scale campaign then yes I will complain about something that is by all accounts rediculous. If nobody wants to admit its obnoxious because they like using it then fine, at least have the animation changed so it isnt a knock back anymore, because at this point I would much rather get fossilized.

I would say the bad players are the ones using this ability to begin with. I fought a mag sorc with this for 4 minutes next too sejanus the ONLY reason he killed me wasn't shooting star, it wasnt frag or streak or the fact he was spamming shields but because of the ridiculous flexibility of flame clench. Yeah okay so you get a bonus from slotting it, whatever you can use other abilities in the skill line for that. So frankly no Im not the bad player here. I dont rely on a meaningless and insigificant stat bonus when slotting an ability I also dont rely on hard stuns to win a fight. There is only so much you can do against a spammable ability that happens to deal decent damage and applies a hard CC with an animation that increases the duration of the CC by at least 1 second which is important.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [...]
    I would say the bad players are the ones using this ability to begin with. I fought a mag sorc with this for 4 minutes next too sejanus the ONLY reason he killed me wasn't shooting star, it wasnt frag or streak or the fact he was spamming shields but because of the ridiculous flexibility of flame clench. Yeah okay so you get a bonus from slotting it, whatever you can use other abilities in the skill line for that. So frankly no Im not the bad player here. I dont rely on a meaningless and insigificant stat bonus when slotting an ability I also dont rely on hard stuns to win a fight. There is only so much you can do against a spammable ability that happens to deal decent damage and applies a hard CC with an animation that increases the duration of the CC by at least 1 second which is important.

You also didn't win the fight, though... :confused:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"bad players" lol assuming that cyrodil is lag free and is 100% within the players control.

If cyrodil was lag free I actually wouldnt complain about this, I would still feel like its obnoxious and in need of tuning. But because it isnt lag free and people ARE spamming this in a mostly large scale campaign then yes I will complain about something that is by all accounts rediculous. If nobody wants to admit its obnoxious because they like using it then fine, at least have the animation changed so it isnt a knock back anymore, because at this point I would much rather get fossilized.

Against a good player; it usually takes a CC and burst window to kill someone with heals, shields, cloaks, blocking and dodge rolls in the game
    Edited by technohic on January 31, 2018 6:14PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This reads like a bad player to me.

Loses fight. Comes to forums complaining about an ability, sprinkling in misleading adjectives/adverbs and blaming everything but themselves or their build..
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 31, 2018 6:47PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think the threads covered this to death. It's expensive and mega visible, it has counters and it has downsides.

Sure if you have no situational awareness, and take multiple hits its annoying, and its run more prevalent now as C Frag lost its stun, but its manageable.

Is it really just a NerfSorc thread in disguise?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Think the threads covered this to death. It's expensive and mega visible, it has counters and it has downsides.

Sure if you have no situational awareness, and take multiple hits its annoying, and its run more prevalent now as C Frag lost its stun, but its manageable.

Is it really just a NerfSorc thread in disguise?

Sorcs are messed up right now and the potatoes know it, so they have to get clever in their whine threads.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol another jab at sorcs.