The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Graphics improvements for ESO

• Azphira
    Azphira
    ✭✭✭
    Azphira wrote: »
    LordSemaj wrote: »
    I'd like to get more than 45fps because the game is only using 4% cpu, 2% gpu1, 40% gpu2.

If you're not even using your cpu or gpu and you're getting low frames, you're probably texture swapping from virtual memory. Check your windows settings, upgrade your hard drive to faster SSD, or check your drivers. It's possible to get 100 fps with everything on ultra.

7960x, 32gb, 2tb nvme, 1080 sli. The other 3000 games says it's an ESO issue.

I am so sick of people who fail to comprehend that this game should be ran on nuclear reactors without an issue yet they come in and give stupid comments like "update ur drivers or get an ssd"...

This is why I am waiting for a 2018 gpu to use attrition to make eso stay at 60, at least I'll get 150 fps in 4k in other games...
    Unless of course ESO hates volta or ampere architecture.
    Options
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to get more than 45fps because the game is only using 4% cpu, 2% gpu1, 40% gpu2.

If you're not even using your cpu or gpu and you're getting low frames, you're probably texture swapping from virtual memory. Check your windows settings, upgrade your hard drive to faster SSD, or check your drivers. It's possible to get 100 fps with everything on ultra.

Nice hyperbole yet people with worse specs than you are maxing out at the 100 fps cap because they bothered to learn where the hangup was and fixed it. It's always with the person's computer, isn't that funny? How fixing one little thing on a computer suddenly makes ESO run at double or even triple the frames? Recently I helped a user diagnose his dilemma and it turned out to be his chipset drivers were out of date because they were too damn new. Backwards compatibility was available with later drivers and all he had to do was download the latest ones from the AMD site. Fixed the problem immediately.

The problem is the user knowing nothing about how a computer operates. Systems worse than yours run the game flawlessly and every time I fix someone's problem it was by them doing something to their machine, not by them doing something to ESO. But hey, I'm not the one experiencing the problem so you can be as obstinate as you'd like and suffer for it.

I am so sick of people who fail to comprehend that this game should be ran on nuclear reactors without an issue yet they come in and give stupid comments like "update ur drivers or get an ssd"...

And I'm sick of fools who blame a game for the issue when people with worse hardware are running at 100 fps. Learn or don't, no one besides you is going to be the master of your computer. Meanwhile others will continue to run exceptionally because they aren't lacking in an understanding of technology. Like this guy.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391673/running-eso-at-10k#latest

Or the guys running i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz / GTX 960 4GB running at smooth 60 who use technology that was optimized for the time period and didn't need to adjust anything for it.

Or the guy I assisted with a Ryzen Threadripper, 16 GB, GTX 1080 Ti who complained about fps drops that were solved once he updated his chipset drivers.

Yeah, let's take your voice over all others, because if other people aren't suffering the problem playing on the SAME game then that still means it's the game's fault. It's always the game's fault, not the monkey behind the keyboard. It's not like if it was the game's fault the problem would be universal instead of always seemingly affecting people who are allergic to advice or can't be bothered to update drivers.
    This is why I am waiting for a 2018 gpu to use attrition to make eso stay at 60, at least I'll get 150 fps in 4k in other games...
    Unless of course ESO hates volta or ampere architecture.

I'll spare you the time, even waiting four more years till ESO is twice as old isn't going to fix your problem because it sits behind the desk. You do not require a 2018 gpu to run the game at 60+ and people are getting the 100 fps cap on worse specs than yours. The issue here is that you bought a PC expecting it to be plug and play. If that's your level of understanding of technology, buy and play on an Xbox. Consoles were designed for people exactly like that.

I'll quote the old adage of "Learn2play... on a PC". Or buy an Xbox.
    Edited by LordSemaj on January 28, 2018 7:23AM
    Options
  • Azphira
    Azphira
    ✭✭✭
    So we've dropped to insults. Nice.

Believe what you will, I will believe what I will.
    Options
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we've dropped to insults. Nice.

Believe what you will, I will believe what I will.

Not at all, I'm citing the obstinate user as the dilemma, which is the truth. You can believe whatever your heart fancies, even that unicorns are real. It won't make it the case and it won't stop millions of other people from playing the game without the issues you're experiencing. But hey, your personal and isolated experiences are surely a sign that ESO can never run well on any machine on ultra with worse specs than you despite the many youtube videos of it doing precisely that.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to immediately shoot down advice. Unless you also believe that you Know Everything already.
    Options