The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor Model Bugs on PTS

DerethDawnblade
DerethDawnblade
✭✭✭
I've noticed on the PTS that some pieces or armor appear to be broken in terms of how they display. Some shoulders float, or as scaled too large or too small, and the elbow pieces on some gloves appear to clip through arms. None of these display issues are present on the Live Servers, but appear to have remained on all of the Dragon Bones PTS builds.
The two worst offenders are Abah's Watch Arm Cops (medium shoulders), and Thieves Guild Gauntlets (heavy hands).
These issues appear to be present both with crafted gear, and in the outfit system, indicating that it is not specific to the outfit system. Again, these issues do not exist on the Live Servers, only on the PTS.
hrtlm8gsk6ap.png
21j0uqr8gea6.png

Edited by DerethDawnblade on January 27, 2018 10:16PM
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shoulders have always been like that. Unsure about the gloves. Some armor pieces just defy gravity.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    The shoulders have always been like that. Unsure about the gloves. Some armor pieces just defy gravity.

They did not float like that previously on Live. At best they could've been described as loose. On the PTS they float noticeably above where they would normally be positioned.

Edit: It appears that this bug is present in the Live game, so I can only assume that it's something that started occurring since Clockwork City was released.
    These are from Pre-Clockwork City Screenshots
    janmkdwe4k6c.png
    7s0fm7m6qdc6.png
    wffxn1xy3ug9.png

Edited by DerethDawnblade on January 27, 2018 11:37PM
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was bout to say.. It has always floated. This is not new.

EDIT: Picture is of current live.
    adrctzg3q288.png
    Edited by VilniusNastavnik on January 28, 2018 12:18AM
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm that shoulders have always floated, as well as any other armour flair.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They did not float like that previously on Live. At best they could've been described as loose. On the PTS they float noticeably above where they would normally be positioned.

Edit: It appears that this bug is present in the Live game, so I can only assume that it's something that started occurring since Clockwork City was released.
    These are from Pre-Clockwork City Screenshots
    janmkdwe4k6c.png
    7s0fm7m6qdc6.png
    wffxn1xy3ug9.png

They have always floated. It's not as noticeable in those screenshots because you have armour under the shoulders. There are a bunch of costumes/styles I never wore precisely for this reason.

They do this so the shoulders don't clip into the chest piece.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 28, 2018 12:22AM
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    I swear, they did not float this much before Clockwork City. This is what I've figured out after making some new ones on the live server. I even got some screenshots with the same style chest underneath, and there is a noticeable difference. Before the shoulders only floated slightly, and it was barely noticeable, while now they float to a ridiculous degree.
    gf0f4btbhkmh.png
    Again, apparently this is something that just started with Clockwork City, rather than the current PTS. I'd been wearing a different armor style since just before Clockwork, so I'd never noticed until this PTS.

Update:
    zmlkfkgnorux.png
    Edited by DerethDawnblade on January 28, 2018 3:32AM
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    I have created a thread in the proper forum now that I've figured out that this issue is already live. Unfortunately there is no option to delete this existing thread.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/392387/bug-armor-model-display-issues-models-appearing-to-be-scaled-and-positioned-differently-post-cwc#latest
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ancient Elf shoulders also float. This was introduced a few updates ago and is still bugged
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"