Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just got back into the game, so stam is still...?

Kova
Kova
✭✭✭✭✭
I keep getting destroyed by groups using dawnbreakers, take flight, and a bunch of bears. Also, power of light is super amazing now?? I quit before morrowind launched because pvp was super green with stam meta. Sorc nerfs were still being begged for and gankblades were at their best. Now that I'm back it's...not changed at all? What happen to the pendulum swinging back the other way? Why are proc sets still a thing? Why is nearly everyone I'm fighting just crit rushing me in masse and dropping dawnbreakers? Also, poison doesn't show on recaps? Why so much snare?

I saw a stam warden hit amazing dps in trials last week, is this just the game now? I really don't want to wait another year to play a class I've come to love. I've seen great things with magicka dk and magicka nightblade, and honestly I think they deserve it after the state they were in when I left, but it feels like I either hop on my stamsorc (which performs amazing btw), or just kind of stay out of pvp for a while. I don't know, I guess I'm just getting away from online games now. Everyone is so yoxic and they'res always a terrible one sided meta. Maybe I'm just getting older.

Is anyone else feeling this?
EP Sorc: Aydinn
AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
EP Stam Sorc: Kós
AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never type a forum post on a phone. Ugh the spelling.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »

Yes

Edited by Didgerion on January 27, 2018 7:40AM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Kova wrote: »

Yes

#metoo

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam is annoying in PvP sure. CCs are OP. but you either counter, copy or commit and keep fighting.

If you mention balance on here people will say Nerf sorc BTW. Even if ZOS removed sorcs the potatoes would cry Nerf sorc, wards ate my hamster etc etc

Gd luck
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Stam is popular for new players I feel like. There are some good ones out there but the Magicka version of nearly every class except warden is stronger in the hands of a good player. It's a little harder to play but you generally have more utility. I'm making a lot of generalizations here but the point is no, stamina is not OP by any stretch.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina is stronger for solo and small scale. Magicka is better for raids and large scale. It really depends on what game mode you are playing.

Proc sets are no longer a thing. Many of them were converted to dots or given a 1 sec timer before going off so people heal through them or out manuever them.

Stamina builds need to gap close or they can't land attacks on you. Magicka enemies counter this with mobility and are able to safely dps from far away while surrounded by meat shields in their group.

L2P issue man. Don't spread misinformation.

Deltia and Gilliam the Rogue do a great job at explaining mechanics and providing insights into classes and gameplay. Check them out.
    Edited by Skoomah on January 27, 2018 3:08PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both stamina and Magicka are good and all the classes are good right now. Damage mitigation is a little high but overall everything is viable
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both stamina and Magicka are good and all the classes are good right now. Damage mitigation is a little high but overall everything is viable

Yeah, I'm noticing 1v1s are pretty evenly matched now. It's more that it's so hard to take on more than two people at a time now.
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Stamina is stronger for solo and small scale. Magicka is better for raids and large scale. It really depends on what game mode you are playing.

Stamina builds need to gap close or they can't land attacks on you. Magicka enemies counter this with mobility and are able to safely dps from far away while surrounded by meat shields in their group.

Deltia and Gilliam the Rogue do a great job at explaining mechanics and providing insights into classes and gameplay. Check them out.

Uh huh... Maybe learn some history before assuming, man. Don't be a stamdk stereotype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbqdgJovIvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ueoSZ7RCec
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya pvp is mostly stam dominated, magic is good for large scale zerging since its easier to stay ranged, but stam hits like a *** truck and overall just better than magic ATM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you guys run across well coordinated magicka based pvp raids? They tear right through anyone not close to their size. Ult bombs, magicka det, continuous healing.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you definitely have a good point about that. It's a nightmare, and the worst part is you'll get away maybe 1/4 of the time. I guess there are new strengths to consider, I've just always been solo and it's hard to play with others after this long.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about being mag is that if you’re the only light armor wearer in your group, you’re the priority target and the first to die.

A lot of good players get frustrated by this and play other classes instead

This leads to the few remaining small group mag Players getting consistently focused and pretty salty.

But in groups with 3+ mag users it’s not a problem. They’re quite strong
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ThulsaDoomDC
    ThulsaDoomDC
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, it's 2018. Don't you know about the Elder Stam Online?
    XBOX NA - mDK CP 488
    Better Dead Than Red
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka and stamina are pretty even across the board, besides stam warden which is kind of anomaly. They are just strong in their own ways. 1vXing has gotten harder though and sorcs have seen major nerfs, so that’s probably the source of your frustration. Balance in general is a lot better than it has been in the past.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL I can’t wait until you get rolled over by coordinated eye of the flames.

Then we will see you back here complaining magic builds are ruining the game.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on January 28, 2018 12:46AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam is better overall for small scale /solo play, magic is better at zerging, utility and zerg busting. Get ready for uncapped proxy det next patch.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Proc sets are no longer a thing. Many of them were converted to dots or given a 1 sec timer before going off so people heal through them or out manuever them.

So much wrong here.

Coordinated Dawnbreakers are cheaper and just as dangerous as destro ults. Arguably even more, as they're instant.

Proc sets are still there. You just have to synergize with CCs or snares now.

Magicka has no mobility at all. Put a snare on them, load your own Forward Momentum and chuckle while you constantly circle around them.

Gilliam and Deltia are your sources? You're in trouble, man.
    Deltia is awesome for PvE, but he was never a good source for PvP advice. Doesn't help that he only plays a select few classes and rarely engages in the big events. Yet to see him in a dueling contest.
    And Gilliam is so oftdn so wrong on certain explanations and opinions. He's good for giving you a general overwiev over the classes, but for expert advice, nope.

In conclusion, I would say YOU have a lot left to learn, young player. Watch Kodi and Blob for a while.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

So much wrong here.

Coordinated Dawnbreakers are cheaper and just as dangerous as destro ults. Arguably even more, as they're instant.

Proc sets are still there. You just have to synergize with CCs or snares now.

Magicka has no mobility at all. Put a snare on them, load your own Forward Momentum and chuckle while you constantly circle around them.

Gilliam and Deltia are your sources? You're in trouble, man.
    Deltia is awesome for PvE, but he was never a good source for PvP advice. Doesn't help that he only plays a select few classes and rarely engages in the big events. Yet to see him in a dueling contest.
    And Gilliam is so oftdn so wrong on certain explanations and opinions. He's good for giving you a general overwiev over the classes, but for expert advice, nope.

In conclusion, I would say YOU have a lot left to learn, young player. Watch Kodi and Blob for a while.

No raids run in there and pops multiple dawn breakers. They run in and drop a negate and then follow up with 2-3 destro ults at the same time while they move with you to ensure you die to the ult bomb.

When was the last time you died to Viper, Red Mountain, Widowmaker, Tremorscale. That's right, like 7 months ago.

Magicka typically bursts down from range and has all sorts of mechanics to disengage, cloak and streak spam in particular. in a group, magicka builds can run you around in circles. Pretty strong in my opinion.

Deltia and Gilliam consistently put out content explaining mechanics, patch changes, builds. They do a great job, while others put out 5 minute build videos that don't explain anything about skill, gear, cp, and other choices.

I'm glad ZOS ignores most comments on these threads. Lots of misinformation out there.
    Edited by Skoomah on January 28, 2018 6:55PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely agree on this. As a solo player mag builds have terrible mobility especially magika warden and magika sorc because their mobility is misunderstood quite a bit.
    Mag warden can't even disengage. People say sorc can streak and disengage which is still debatable because streak 3 times and your outta magicka so you can't reset the fight.

In a raid things such as CP/ class/ build do not matter much anyways. In a group you can pull off any class effectively as long as you have a decent skill level and you understand class burst combos

Edited by PhoenixGrey on January 28, 2018 9:03PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely agree on this. As a solo player mag builds have terrible mobility especially magika warden and magika sorc.
    Mag warden can't even disengage. People say sorc can streak and disengage which is still debatable because streak 3 times and your outta magicka so you can't reset the fight.

In a raid things such as CP/ class/ build do not matter much anyways. In a group you can pull off any class effectively as long as you have a decent skill level and you understand class burst combos

You seriously just said ESPECIALLY mag sorc and Magwarden? Lol the two most mobile magic classes apart from magic nightblade? Come on

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for streak being a "get away" I've chased a streak-spammer down on a stam sorc, and killed them because they were out of magicka. With a hard CC it would've been a joke.
    I mostly use streak on my magsorc for offensive play.

As for getting zerged down by stam builds, I'm sure I got zerged down by your stam-sorc lately. If not someone has a close copy of its name.

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely agree on this. As a solo player mag builds have terrible mobility especially magika warden and magika sorc.

Lol
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You seriously just said ESPECIALLY mag sorc and Magwarden? Lol the two most mobile magic classes apart from magic nightblade? Come on

Both classes I listed have no effective way to manage roots and snares whereas all stam classes have an option to fit in forward momentum. Against competent players in an outnumbered situation both classes are dead within a space of seconds after being stunned/ rooted/ snared.

I am not talking about only escaping using streak and mist form. You need to re-engage effectively if you want to win.

Edited by PhoenixGrey on January 28, 2018 8:14PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both classes I listed have no effective way to manage roots and snares whereas all stam classes have an option to fit in forward momentum. Against competent players in an outnumbered situation both classes are dead within a space of seconds after being stunned/ rooted/ snared.

I am not talking about only escaping using streak and mist form. You need to re-engage effectively if you want to win.

Magic can run forward momentum, especially a sorc. Then there's purge and speed pots. But it's no way you think those two are the least mobile when mag dk and templar exist.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magic can run forward momentum, especially a sorc. Then there's purge and speed pots. But it's no way you think those two are the least mobile when mag dk and templar exist.

I did mention mag builds have terrible mobility and never said mag dk and templar are more mobile. I quoted mag sorc and mag warden because their mobility is misunderstood quite a bit. The other classes you mention have bad mobility anyway.

I know a lot of mag warden's run 2 handed back bar. But if you are solo open world, you do require restro for resource management through heavy attacks or for beserker enchant proc.

In case of mag sorc, where's your healing coming from if you dont run healing ward ?
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you mean, "here's a free healing shield, random citizen" ward.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know...my magplar has great mobility...oh wait thats mist form...nevermind sorry magplar. Want mobility gotta get that pasty skins!

Why is it that people still tell magic toons to just run a melee physical weapon for X ability.

When was the last time you saw a stamblades [snip] about how OP destro staff ulti was, to be told just to run a destro staff as part of his build? Its ok little stamblade, you can still regen magic with a ridiculously long heavy attack!!

Seriously guys, when are you going to admit that stamina is severely over performing right now.

Now I'm not talking about defense. My magic templar is just as defensive as any competent stamina player, maybe more! But you stamina players clearly have no clue what I've had to sacrifice to get that survivability. I played stamplar for a week, and holy *** it's so strong. My FIRST time on stamina toon on a serious build, the first players I run into was two CP 690s on a resource that they owned. I wrecked em both and took their candy...guess what? They were magica toons XD they did absolute crap for damage since they tried to build to defend against the stamina meta...but since I as a stamplar can actually put quite a bit of damage into my build...they lost that fight.

That was within the first five minutes of playing, after maining magplar for four years!

I could not have done that on my magplar. No way.

Bottom line. You know when you can tell if something is OP? When you notice a drastic uptick in the amount of people playing it. Remember viper? Yeah brought a billion stamblades outa the woodwork, and they are still here even after viper Nerf. Notice how 90% of the time ur in c yro you run across stamblades, stamdens, stam dk? With the remaining 10% playing healers/ magDPS/ tanks. I swear i see more tanks that damage focused magplar out there. Oh wait...thats because magplar tank to DPS lines are becoming blurry. Change CP, jewel glyphs and minds you have a healing magplar, useful for nothing other than keeping up ur three stamina built buddies, so they can DBOS an entire half raid of pugs into oblivion...thats it...really sad

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 6, 2018 5:07PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh...and this defile meta does not help, just encourages players to build for more burst mitigation...more tanks toons. Trust me I'd love to be able to take pirate Shellie off. Maybe throw on some good old skoria again! Ooo or spinner. Instead of riposte
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    When was the last time you saw a stamblades [snip] about how OP destro staff ulti was, to be told just to run a destro staff as part of his build? Its ok little stamblade, you can still regen magic with a ridiculously long heavy attack!!

That ultimate was honestly the only skill in the destro tree which did decent damage and it got nerfed. In comparison every skill in the 2 handed tree hits like a truck and the passives are amazing.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 6, 2018 5:08PM
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

Bottom line. You know when you can tell if something is OP? When you notice a drastic uptick in the amount of people playing it.

This is exactly the point. You can't sit there as a stamina main and claim that most of the player base picks stamina because it "provides challenging gameplay that relies heavily on player skill!" It's been the same excuses and same defense since the first 18k wrecking blow appeared in our death recap back in 1.6. We saw the green wave coming back then and the waters still haven't receded.

Dude, Bangkorai is STILL laggy and full of huge groups farming bosses and dolmens for spriggans and seventh legion stuff. But honestly, I'm fine with it. I have a stam sorc I love playing. I always get in the top 50 with it just from PKing 3 days a week, and it's far less stressful than trying to play my magicka builds.