The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Have some of the shields shrunk with the outfit system?

JRCandeias
JRCandeias
✭✭✭
Hey,

As I was testing I noticed some of the shields were way too small but I thought maybe it was due to diferent stiles or perhaps the low tier ones would be smaller wich I understand but then I decided to compare my actual shield style to the one on the outfit station and I realized that the one at the outfit station was indeed smaller.
The following Images shows my real shield which is using the Dro-m'Athra syle followed by the same style previewed at the outfit station. Also decided to post two more incredible small shields.
40i9cbgavaqu.png
bffh14yukljd.png
pg23v7np72uc.png
7ioou85x0sox.png

As you can see at the first two images, both shields use the same style but still have different sizes.
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Is this correct?

Cheers
PC EU
Hellooo!
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's just the outfitting system, but I definitely feel like a lot of shields in the game are ridiculously small.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would assume that your real shield is not exactly the craftable dro-m'Athra style. It is definatly part of a set and in contrast to the craftable one it doesn't have the blue glowing lines. It wouldn't surprise me, if the sets partly got their own distinct looks.
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Funny thing to check, is the shield from the alkosh set larger then the shield crafted in dro mathra style
  • JerryAlder
    JerryAlder
    ✭✭
    I think it's very nice to have those rank 1 shield be really flimsy and small. I'm definitely using those on some char, but Dro mathra should not be one of them. I wonder what has happened there. Would be nice to know if it was intended or not
  • dirtykdx
    dirtykdx
    ✭✭✭
    I think shields might scale with character, like the horses...maybe something got lost in the scaling via the outfit system.

Not that I'm too concerned, there are some nice shield motifs, but some shields are simply too large for practical use. If I get shoved into first person because my back is too close to a wall or obstacle, I still need to be able to view the battlefield, while blocking.

For that reason, I like the nord style of my Dragonguard, the Alkosh shield being about as large as I would ever go, and the Hlaau style for my Torug's. I did find some more cool ones on the outfit system, but that might have just been that they were in fact scaled down - as too large automatically rules them out for me.
    @dirtykdx PC NA
    [The Shogunate]
    /taunt doesn't work on bosses