The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Consider adding no-cost Outfit updates as an ESO+ bonus

Ralamil
Ralamil
✭✭✭✭
I seem to recall ZOS, at some point in the past, asking for ideas on how to give ESO+ more value, since they decided that they would be removing 1 otherwise-included DLC from what subscribers receive, and would be replacing it with a Chapter.

This strikes me as being a no-brainer solution to that problem. ESO+ members are already free to dye costumes, which is an option unavailable to other players, outside of them using the dye swatches. Simply removing the gold cost for updating an Outfit - be it changing the motifs used, or the dyes - would allow complete creative freedom to subscribers without any added hassle. Now, the first counter-argument I see is "But Ralamil, then subscribers won't be buying those outfit change tokens!" To which I say "Yes, you're correct." However, they would still purchase additional Outfit slots (and I have no issue with any cost associated with those, to be honest. I'm pretty happy all our characters get one for free!). Further, if they tweak the outfit tokens to, instead of simply replacing the gold cost with the token cost, also allow a player to apply Motifs (and hell, maybe even Dyes) that they do not currently have access to, then I could still see the tokens as having a lot of value to people, regardless of whether or not they subscribe.

Overall, I absolutely love the Outfit system. ZOS definitely did a fantastic job on 95% of it - I certainly can imagine ways in which it could have been designed much, much worse - and that this will be a well-loved system for a long time. It would just be nice to not have to worry about spending gold (potentially upwards of 20k per update, depending on your tastes and how often you want to change your look) that could instead go towards other aspects of the game for those of us who are already regularly supporting the game via ESO+.
Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. It feels so silly that such an obvious chance to address the gold cost concerns hasn't had any official response yet. And that's certainly an interesting take on the outfit change tokens. I had just assumed they should be done away with entirely, but I guess with some tweaking they could prove to be a decent cosmetic investment (as much as a consumable cosmetic item can be, anyway).
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster