The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

BUG - Cloak Purges Frags With Detect

Xeven
Xeven
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title states, if they use cloak with a frag in rout while visible with a detect pot, the frag hits and does zero damage.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't purge frags. Cloak doesn't purge anything.

What cloak does is give you a 100% dodge chance against everything for a very short window of time (about half of a second) regardless of incoming damage, with the exception of AOE CC's albeit it can potentially ignore the damage portion of these skills. This helps cloak work reliably and not break on in-transit ranged damage, or in-transit gap closers/channeled skills. It also works against all AOEs such as Dawnbreaker and Eye of the Storm. On paper, this doesn't seem like that much of a problem. And it isn't until....

Your target is otherwise revealed. There are instances when I have marked or used a detect pot and proceeded to miss every single attack on an opponent during it's entire duration because the spamming of cloak and it's subsequent immunity is synced with my skills being notified as received on the target. This has been tested and reported multiple times and continues to remain in game with no forseeable fix.
    Edited by usmcjdking on January 26, 2018 4:15AM
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You used to be able to literally purge frags in rout. That bug has been fixed, perhaps I chose the wrong word. If 100% dodge chance is the best we can do to keep cloak reliable, then the duration and/or the radius of detect abilities should be buffed slightly. As is there is no reliable counter play to cloak spam.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion Cloak should get a rework. After four years this skill is still a buggy mess, either countered and useless or not countered and overpowered and Cloak for sure not a good designed skill nor is it much fun to fight against.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.