The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Pts 3.2.2 magblade megathread

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    I think the change is good (better for open world) but the number of light attacks required should be increased up to 6 to make sure that the skill won't be overperforming, nightblade didn't need any buffs in my honest opinion.

CavalryPK wrote: »
    Jk would love to see more lizard wizards out there.

Oh dude, no :D

Sad but true though, if you don't play an argonian on a magblade you're gimping yourself. There's nothing more to it but that.

Luckily I gimped myself in early access by playing an argonian magblade.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Subversus wrote: »
    I think the change is good (better for open world) but the number of light attacks required should be increased up to 6 to make sure that the skill won't be overperforming, nightblade didn't need any buffs in my honest opinion.

CavalryPK wrote: »
    Jk would love to see more lizard wizards out there.

Oh dude, no :D

Sad but true though, if you don't play an argonian on a magblade you're gimping yourself. There's nothing more to it but that.

Luckily I gimped myself in early access by playing an argonian magblade.

Hahaha nice :blush:
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I think this change is a massive QOL fix for magblades but it also puts Grim Focus into stupidly abusive territory for PVP. A mediocre base damage nerf 6-10% is not uncalled for if this change goes to live.

Grim Focus/Merciless Resolve is where night blades get alot of their damage in PVE. PVE has also sustained enough nerfs for PVP's sake. They should not mess with the damage of this ability at all! PVP should just have to deal with it.
    Edited by Splattercat_83 on January 26, 2018 9:14PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I logged in right away to test shadow image and was not able to reproduce a failure. Was able to go out of range and recast a new image, go out of range, come back in and still teleport. Happy times.

Then I tried the Merciless Resolve change everyone was all up in arms about. Found that if I kill a target with the original timer still having plenty of time, it resets the stack to 0. In a lot of PvP this probably is not a big deal as you will be stuck in combat from group mates but if you try to burst a weak target down then move to the next target may not work. Will have to test that somehow. Maybe if you tag another target before the 1st one dies.