The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Combination key-binds like [shift]-[f] no longer possible?

RandomSilliness
RandomSilliness
✭✭✭
In order to keep all the needed keys in easy reach of 1 hand I have previously resorted to combination keys like <shift><f>. With this latest patch, it seems that is now impossible. Do I need to completely re-think how I have my keyboard setup, or is this an unintentional change?
Edited by RandomSilliness on January 24, 2018 12:43PM
  • RandomSilliness
    RandomSilliness
    ✭✭✭
    Bump.....I guess I should have given it a flame-inducing title.
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know they were possible to begin with.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Were they ever possible?

Edit: better title "zos destroyed my keyboard"
    Edited by Jitterbug on January 24, 2018 9:53PM
    Options
  • RandomSilliness
    RandomSilliness
    ✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Were they ever possible?

Edit: better title "zos destroyed my keyboard"

It is possible right now in the LIVE game. Only just with this recent patch did it stop working in PTS.

Also "zos destroyed my keyboard" is exactly what I should have used! I'll know better next time.
    Edited by RandomSilliness on January 24, 2018 9:59PM
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we have a Dev look into this?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • RandomSilliness
    RandomSilliness
    ✭✭✭
    I could imagine they did so deliberately to reduce input lag through simplification of input state-transition handling, but if that's the case I want to see it in writing.
    Options
  • RandomSilliness
    RandomSilliness
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, is there any chance of getting an official response about "planned" vs "unplanned" behavior?
    Options
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having combination key binds is a very handy thing for us with disabilities. It way I play games on a PC as I have more choice options to assist me. Yes ZOS, rethink this one.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
    Options
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to do this yeah, same for binding the key left of 1 to switch weapons. Stopped working some months ago.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to do this yeah, same for binding the key left of 1 to switch weapons. Stopped working some months ago.

I still use the "tilde" (`) key to swap weapons. Works fine for me.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

This. Binding key combos has never been possible in the vanilla ui. This addon makes it happen.
    Options
  • RandomSilliness
    RandomSilliness
    ✭✭✭
    Luthid wrote: »
    ...Binding key combos has never been possible in the vanilla ui. ....

That is false. I am playing right now in release ESO, with a number of multi-key keybinds, and I can assign them without any addons at all. In fact, I didn't even know about addons when I first started, so this feature has worked without addons for at least a year and half.

<ctrl><f> for synergy
    <ctrl><r> for ultimate
    <ctrl><t> for command pet

Try it yourself.
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple question: do you need to unbind Shift and Ctrl from their standing bindings before you can do this?

I'd expect that, and it wouldn't surprise me if a patch restored all the original bindings. Is this just a case of forgetting to rebind the sprint and crouch, before trying to change the others?
    Options
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to make combination keybinds since launch with no special addon. I call BS on doing it without an addon.
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
    Options
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I had forgotten it was an addon I had. When I had to a bug that required removing all my addons. I had forgotten to get it it again and thought they had made a change.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
    Options
  • RandomSilliness
    RandomSilliness
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to make combination keybinds since launch with no special addon. I call BS on doing it without an addon.
    Still no problem for me in release ESO, even with all add-ons disabled. It's only on the PTS that I have trouble, which is why I assumed this was newly added behavior.
    ghastley wrote: »
    Simple question: do you need to unbind Shift and Ctrl from their standing bindings before you can do this? I'd expect that, and it wouldn't surprise me if a patch restored all the original bindings. Is this just a case of forgetting to rebind the sprint and crouch, before trying to change the others?
    I hadn't thought of that. It's an interesting theory.

Options