The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 11:27PM
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they just keep adding to the list of things to get for leveling-up instead of bothering to make anything retroactive for all of our already level 50's. smh
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    So they just keep adding to the list of things to get for leveling-up instead of bothering to make anything retroactive for all of our already level 50's. smh

Not really. There's a lot of stuff on the list that was, technically, already there, but we didn't know about.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the stuff that comes from leveling amounts to a few trinkets to keep the cubs occupied. Gold. Armor. Weapons.

Some of the stuff has so little value that it will take me more time to get rid of it than it is worth. Meals. Potions. Poisons. Scrolls.

Some of the stuff I already have, or don't care about, and so it does not matter. Costumes. Horse. Crates. Transmute stones. Repair kits. Alliance war stuff.

For those couple things that are actually of value, I would have to sacrifice a character to Molag Bal and start over. I would rather do that then buy a character slot for what they are asking for them. In the old days, back when they were more customer service oriented, they would have provided a 9th free slot.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 21, 2018 11:40AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. There's a lot of stuff on the list that was, technically, already there, but we didn't know about.

Does anyone know if the consumables like the motif, bag space upgrade, outfit tokens, etc. will be bankable so I can at least give them to my preferred characters that can't get them from leveling?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the consumables like the motif, bag space upgrade, outfit tokens, etc. will be bankable so I can at least give them to my preferred characters that can't get them from leveling?

Motif, bag space, and outfit token will probably be locked to the character. Anything from the Crown Store that is not locked to the character today will not be locked to the character when rewarded by this system. That is my guess.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Motif, bag space, and outfit token will probably be locked to the character. Anything from the Crown Store that is not locked to the character today will not be locked to the character when rewarded by this system. That is my guess.

I really hope this isn't the case especially with the motif. My main/crafter which was created before Morrowind is already missing out on one skill point, I'd really hate it if she also loses the opportunity to have this motif knowledge as well...

PS: That skill point may not be a huge deal to some, but it's still a slap-in-the-face because it's something that my character - who I've put so much time and effort into - will just miss out on. I shouldn't have missed opportunities just because I've actually played the game.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on January 21, 2018 12:08PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a warden at level 14 I’m holding onto for this. Should get that free storage coffee pretty fast.
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    A small thing if you are interested in the pets at 24.

In my case I was only offered the hound, not the ratter cat. It is possibly because I already own the "house cat".
    It may be a bug. It may be intentional. If a bug it doesn't seem to be the kind that would ever get fixed.

No idea if it works that way with the hound too.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was getting really mad about the Imperial Furniture until I realized it said furniture not furnishing recipe. :D Crisis averted!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this helps bring in new players then awesome.

People who are whining that it isn't retroactive need to get over it. These are all neat little fun things but nothing you shouldn't already have.

If you need something then just make a new character and level up.
  • yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to see this as a bad thing. They hinted that the cost of housing storage will come down, we'll see where it ends up. As it stands, I'll probably level 4 toons to 18. That's automatic, unless they really drop the price on storage.

I don't care if I'm 'missing out' on a skill point. Please. My main doesn't even bother using them all. I just can't see new players getting something I didn't when I was levelling as 'missing out'. Especially since I'm free to do it myself.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razum-dar doesn't copypasta.

Thank you to @Hunterka71, @RaddlemanNumber7, @feyii, and others who worked on compiling the PTS rewards list, originally posted here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4780520
    signing off
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Props to ZoS for adding a free way for new players to get a mount early on without needing to grind what might seem like an impossible mountain for them (whereas to most, is a light touch of grinding) or a lil' bit of irl moolah.

Far gone are the days of "ESO: Walking Simulator."
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main thing I'm interested in is that storage chest. Going to have to let someone go on pc lol
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only started playing last May but I got my horse well before level 10 that's for sure.
    I looted, stole, vendored everything every day on a few low level toons to get that $10K gold.
    Didn't take long either.

None of those items are really game breakers and shouldn't be a big deal if you don't get them.

But if you really, really want them then just start a new toon.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was getting really mad about the Imperial Furniture until I realized it said furniture not furnishing recipe. :D Crisis averted!

Imperial crafting recipes do not exist because the furnishings are Crown Store only. Getting some Imperial furnishings, even if they're green rarity, is a nice gift.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    have not been keeping up but are these only awards for the first time you level up after update 17 or every time?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    This is great.

There is nothing negative whatsoever about this addition. Stop moaning and get on with your day(s).
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here's a question: there's like 8 or whatever bag/bank upgrades that can be bought with gold. If I buy the first 7 for a low-level toon, does that mean the expensive 8th is the one I get for free?

That seems a lot more frugal than getting a 200g bag upgrade for free, but then having to pay a fajillion gold for the last one down the line.

Also, what happens if you buy ALL bag upgrades for a low level toon, but then they level to get the free upgrade? Will they get more bag space than what's currently the max?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »

Imperial crafting recipes do not exist because the furnishings are Crown Store only. Getting some Imperial furnishings, even if they're green rarity, is a nice gift.

While this is true, missing out on a single piece of Imperial furniture (all my chars are above that point and I have no interest in leveling another at this time) is only a minor disappointment compared to missing out on the ability to craft hundreds of them. So I'm glad it's just a furniture piece!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aw...the brown sorrel horse :*

miss those days, running around saving up for my first mount :'(

PC
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    have not been keeping up but are these only awards for the first time you level up after update 17 or every time?

Yeah, would be nice to know. I know the crates are a once off, but if you had to level a guy up and (for example) choose the cat as a reward, could you get the dog as well on another toon?
  • Bajatar
    Bajatar
    ✭✭✭
    Major changes! Unless you're an existing player. You get nothing!
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these rewards per account or per leveled character?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the flame crates are per account; just wondering if the imperial furnishings and costume choice are per account or character.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The OP says 6 crown crates, but the list seems to say 3. Is it multiple in some occasions?
    Edited by ak_pvp on January 21, 2018 11:26PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭