The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Impale in Pvp

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How many of you actually are successful with Impale(MNB finisher)?

It scales from 25% down and has a terrible reflectable projectile that is extremely slow. I would love to use this move but every time I slot it I remove off the bar after about 10 min.

Can the projectile speed be increased?
Or scale from 50%?
Remove projectile delay from animation?

What would be a good “fix” for this to be viable in pvp without over doing it?

Do you MNB feel the same?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure magblade needs a buff right now, especially given how easy it is to get kills as a magblade even without Impale.

The projectile speed on Impale is quite slow, but it can be made to hit almost instantly if animation-cancelled properly.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not necessary in my opinion. I couldn't even find a slot for it if I tried. If you want an execute, slot soul assault lol.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I'm not sure magblade needs a buff right now, especially given how easy it is to get kills as a magblade even without Impale.

The projectile speed on Impale is quite slow, but it can be made to hit almost instantly if animation-cancelled properly.

Since when does any form of animation canceling increases projectile speed?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why use Impale as a finisher when you have access to Assassins Will?

The skill is still pretty decent, and you can have a bit of fun using it to snipe kills along with Vicious Death. But realistically Grim Focus/Assassins Will fits pretty much the same role in terms of a finisher, and has added utility.

And given that I usually feel pretty starved for bar-space on a Magblade, I just feel like Impale isn't really worth it.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took it off my bar when it bloody did sub 1k damage on a character with 10% life left running away.

Between it being dodged and just doing *** poor damage all around i don't bother with it.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played my MNB since tank meta started to grow (didn't like the changes to agony so kind of a protest/way to work on some of my other characters) but I would out damage it with my preferred undodgeable AOE unless the target had like 35k+ health. Plus I never landed one so...

I brought this up probably years ago, maybe they like you more and will consider positive changes to it.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

Since when does any form of animation canceling increases projectile speed?

Because the projectile is not really slow, it only fires after the animation is played. So block canceling impale will make it hit about as fast as poison injection.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    How many of you actually are successful with Impale(MNB finisher)?

It scales from 25% down and has a terrible reflectable projectile that is extremely slow. I would love to use this move but every time I slot it I remove off the bar after about 10 min.

Can the projectile speed be increased?
    Or scale from 50%?
    Remove projectile delay from animation?

What would be a good “fix” for this to be viable in pvp without over doing it?

Do you MNB feel the same?

I play mNB most of the time. Like you every time I get the thought that I should slot the thing and do so it proves worthless. It would be good damage if you theoretically actually hit a player at less than 25%. In practice players do not sit at lower than 25% If they get there they are typically already in the process of casting a heal or have already hit 20% and detonated with the sorc auto-execute. Lots of delay or less, there is no plausible way to use a 25% health execute that does not auto proc like the sorc one in PVP.

How to fix it. Honestly, the game has a lot of skills and a limited bar. Having an execute to start with is a pain in the ass. I always envy DK's for not having to deal with it at all and having their damage in general scale higher to compensate. If they want to make the NB execute work it has to be pre-applied and self proc like the sorcs. Otherwise I would rather just have a good class single target knock back and down CC or a reflect in it's place in PVP or another good DOT in PVE. Right now it just gives me something else I have to slot in PVE that makes ZOS lower the damage of my other skills and something that dosn't really do anything useful. In PVE an execute felt like something back in the days when they hit much harder and DOT's were half as strong as they are now and you would just spam that for execute phase. Now they are just sort of a bar waste as they don't actually add that much to a DPS and full heavy laden rotation. In PVP they also used to feel like more but that was just because nobody knew what they were doing so people sat around with 25% health for more than .0001 second.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭

It's like you're playing a different class. I've played it for nearly a year (although admittedly only started taking PVP seriously recently). I rarely stay alive long enough to proc a bow, nevermind avoid CC long enough to chain that bow with a harvest. And even in the miraculous case that I do, I just get a nice DODGE for my efforts.

Magblades suck and so does Elder Scrolls.
    Edited by Vermintide on January 20, 2018 10:43PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »

It's like you're playing a different class. I've played it for nearly a year (although admittedly only started taking PVP seriously recently). I rarely stay alive long enough to proc a bow, nevermind avoid CC long enough to chain that bow with a harvest. And even in the miraculous case that I do, I just get a nice DODGE for my efforts.

Magblades suck and so does Elder Scrolls.

magblades suck?

lol.

Oh wait.. you're serious...

LOL.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Block canceling the animation eliminates the projectile travel time.

Also @Vermintide soul harvest is undodgeable right now
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 21, 2018 3:12AM
  • afonik
    afonik
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Already "Fixed" on PTS
    Edited by afonik on January 22, 2018 6:14PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Incap/spectral or soul harvest /fear /spectral are the most common combos ive come across.
    I think soul assault is best on templars and wardens as they can both get burst in while channeling it(backlash/deep fissure).
    Impale is a bit meh, at least with executioner/reverse slice on stam you can generate ulti on blocking targets(with asylum 2h). Apart from that ppl tend to go into panic mode dodgeroll when they drop low exactly to avoid getting executed. I usually charge up a heavy if they do that ad hit them as they come out of dodgeroll.
    Sometimes a simple bash is enough to get a kill on low hp targets ive gotten many kills like that.
    Even Radiant us a bit meh these days, even though its undodgable it has some empty channeling time at the start, that often gives enemies time to react to it.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Yeah, just a shame the bow isn't ;_;

magblades suck?

lol.

Oh wait.. you're serious...

LOL.

Except I was clearly being facetious? LOL was the desired response friend ;)
    Edited by Vermintide on January 22, 2018 9:28PM
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thus revive thee, troughout necromancy threading.

Is impale undodgiable?
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    I thus revive thee, troughout necromancy threading.

Is impale undodgiable?

It's dodgeable
    EU | PC | AD