The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reasons for dynamic population caps Vivec EU edition:

Derra
Derra
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Posted dates will be in DD/MM/YYYY
Will try to keep the topic updated daily.
Time shown in screenshots is local server (german) time.
Population is: AD EP DC

Day 0 15.01.2018: med low low
RYDuNly.jpg

Day 1 19.01.2018: med low low
nIaqd8i.jpg

Day 2 20.01.2018: Locked med med
f6e1iys.jpg

Day 3 21.01.2018: locked med med
W79naot.jpg

Day 4 22.01.2018: med low low
IVurtBt.jpg

Day 5 23.01.2018: med low low
vZ7JRhd.jpg

Day 6 24.01.2018: med low low
pZvROCj.jpg

Day 7 25.01.2018: low low low
KDqLegC.jpg

Day 8 26.01.2018: med low low
DOBc7dJ.jpg

Day 9 27.01.2018:high med med - THE EMPRING IS NOT FULL YELLOW!
Y54p7Mt.jpg

Day10 28.01.2018: Locked high high - i´ve overslept so no real point to be made here (apart from a showcase how the map looks when there is an actual opposition online)
AgLcrkT.jpg

Day11 29.01.2018: med low low
5XAZ0CP.jpg

Day 12 30.01.2018: med low low
rVM6gYg.jpg

Day 13 31.01.2018: low low low
Kli4TB8.jpg

Day 14 01.02.2018: low low low
qNBbk37.jpg

Day 15 02.02.2018: low low low
UV4FUn1.jpg

Day 16 03.02.2018: high med med - Weekend against so a little late for a screenshot: We have another awesome proof of the AD superiority when there are actual opponents (not npcs) on the map
jpJ8wEC.jpg

Day 17 04.02.2018: High med med
iZpO94m.jpg

Day 18 05.02.2018: med low low - maintenance day late screenshot
Xg7OOM2.jpg

Day 19 06.02.2018: low low low
V7agdmb.jpg

Day 20 07.02.2018: low low low
rK3uFLz.jpg

Day 21 08.02.2018: med low low
z2lc26D.jpg

Day 22 09.02.2018: low low low
eWvjGoP.jpg

Day 23 10.02.2018: high low med
O55Gxsj.jpg

Day 24 11.02.2018: high high med
Screenshot_20180211_111121.png

Day 25 12.02.2018: low low low
1u525Sj.jpg

Day 26 13.02.2018: low low low
c7eIS7c.jpg

Day 27 14.02.2018: low low low
5dTuGP7.jpg

Day 28 15.02.2018: low low low
VIJEplX.jpg

Day 29 16.02.2018: high med low
9svqRGt.jpg
Edited by Derra on February 16, 2018 10:23AM
<Noricum>
I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol

Yeah that´s is what comes to mind when you log in and try to play the game and the map looks like this 6 out of 7 days a week for over a year.
    <Noricum>

• Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just came back to pvp this week after a loong hiatus in pve land.
    Started playing in Sotha Sil. Seems it is a bit more balanced (from a faction domination standpoint) from what i've seen hitherto.

I log out at around 03-05 CET, so very late.
    Edited by Aelakhaii_De_Mythos on January 19, 2018 10:39AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The other morning i.hopped on vivec around 11 am, ofc full yellow. Made my way to the first keep(rayles). Just to have a 20 man skill squad waiting there, ready to case me to hell and back.
    I know many of their names by heart by now, ppl youll never find alone, and if you do they run away with their tails between their legs, even from a 1v1.
    Some of these guys hopped on tho Shor, and while some of the dc were sleeping they managed to nightcap their way to an emperor(who btw died to me spamming Javelin at him, while he was standing on top of ash wall too scared to engage 10 blues with just as many behind him).
    Dynamic pop caps please, nothing irritates me more than trying to stop these absolute champs, just to have them rez each other while the rest is busy spamming me with roots and cost poisons.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "A player queued for a cyrodiil campaign will only be allowed in if doing so won't create or reinforce a population imbalance in the campaign, within reason (there is some leeway)"

This is what we need to see in patch notes.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can join any less populated fraction if there is a big population difference.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    You can join any less populated fraction if there is a big population difference.

Well thanks buddy - but so far the experience over the past 15 months suggests that people prefer to join the dominant/winning/most populated faction in the process only making things worse.
    <Noricum>

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Well thanks buddy - but so far the experience over the past 15 months suggests that people prefer to join the dominant/winning/most populated faction in the process only making things worse.

This. I didnt use to be this bad. What boggles my mind is that winning the campaign doesnt even give any decent rewards, aside from the stones, and any pvper worth their salt should be swimming in those by now. So whats the incentive? Faction pride? Cuz a lot of these pve heroes rerolled from other factions, so it cant be that.
    Edited by Firstmep on January 19, 2018 2:28PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

This. I didnt use to be this bad. What boggles my mind is that winning the campaign doesnt even give any decent rewards, aside from the stones, and any pvper worth their salt should be swimming in those by now. So whats the incentive? Faction pride? Cuz a lot of these pve heroes rerolled from other factions, so it cant be that.

It gives them minimum 132000 ap per day - you can still make money out of that i guess.
    <Noricum>

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

It gives them minimum 132000 ap per day - you can still make money out of that i guess.

Yeah the way they changed offensive ticks really encourages stacking as many bodies on an empty keep as you can. I really wish they changed it so you dont get rewarded for fighting Npc guards 6 am in the morning.
    Ill also add that this behaviour isnt confined just to ad other factions do it as well on the other servers. This is where dynamic pop caps could help to force ppl to go a campaign where theres opposition.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ops. I actually wanted to say ZOS should make it that ]you can join any less populated fraction if there is a big population difference independent of your real fraction. That maybe not be a complete solution to something like that but some player actually would swap the side (temporary) because the maps is also quite bad for AD player to find fun pvp.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    Nice thread! Derra can you also include a screenshot of when the population becomes equal, let’s see if there is a trend after the data ramps up.
    Edited by elfantasmo on January 19, 2018 7:29PM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Day1:

nIaqd8i.jpg

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

THE RETURN OF THE BIG BOSS ;[
    EU | PC
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mostly a solo player I don't see any problems with those maps - ok, AD owns the map, and what?

If you play EP/DC you have a plenty of work and fun slaughtering zerglings on the resources or helping to claim back your keeps.

And it's MUCH MORE FUN compared to the situation when the map is balanced and equally-devided between bleakers - sej - nickel, and there are 6 zergs running around alessia bridge, challenge MG and nickel, lagging the whole server.

If you play AD.... well, yes, it can be a bit boring, since you are forced to fight around gates and to protect your keeps. But look at it form the other point of view - if we get dynamic pop caps - you won't be able to play AD at all, since the campaign will be poped-locked. And not everyone grinded 10 toons belonging to different alliances, some people still have some sort of alliance-loyalty, and why you ask to punish those?

Night-caps, in my opinion, hurt only 2 sort of players:

1) potatoes who can't play without a strong friendly zerg, running around alessia bridge - I wouldn't care about those, it's just l2p issue

2) those who care about alliance score - I feel a bit sad about them, but are those people still exist?
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    On this map you take a lumber at kungs and big boss +20 pugs show up.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is vivec is yellow
    Sotha is red
    Shor is blue

I wish we would havebalanced fights

So in in favor of dynamic cap which is a step in the right direction in my book
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol it looks like Europeans like BUFF SERVERS.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol it looks like Europeans like BUFF SERVERS.

It´s not a buffserver. It´s the most populated campaign - but AD is so dominant in the morning bc they have usually double the population than the other factions combined that they can flip and defend the map against both factions.

Since they´re also rewarded for doing that by making ~130k ap for taking every enemy resource and keep atleast once they´re doing that.
    <Noricum>

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer a dynamic campaign point system with much more ticks when the server is full. In addition the the underpopulation bonus for extra AP must kick in much faster than today. One could also possibly make it impossible to make emp and take scrolls for the alliance which is overpopulated. Finnally one could consider to buff the health/strenght of the low pop players.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭
    i actually think the map Looks pretty nice, as Long as someone doesnt Play AD :D

would be much more meaningful to make screenshots when the Population of the 3 main campaigns are as followed:
    locked, low, low
    low, locked, low
    low, low, locked

in my opinion there is only a small time window between 13pm - 18pm where you can enjoy pvp in the game anyway

and unfortunately it is a waste of time here to come up with any suggestions how to improve the Balance between the factions, or pvp gameplay in General.... if we have learned something in the last couple of years , it is probably that they dont really care at all to improve the Situation.
    i remember when they implemented the 3 new villages and said something like "you asked for it, we are doing it"... that Shows perfectly how delusional the developers are (not even going to bother to talk about IC)

if someone wants to enjoy the game you have to accept that there is only a small time window where pvp is enjoyable and get used to the fact that they will never use much of the potential of the game, so dont think to much about the many awesome ways to improve the game and take every improvement as a unexpected gift
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fel wrote: »
    i actually think the map Looks pretty nice, as Long as someone doesnt Play AD :D

would be much more meaningful to make screenshots when the Population of the 3 main campaigns are as followed:
    locked, low, low
    low, locked, low
    low, low, locked

in my opinion there is only a small time window between 13pm - 18pm where you can enjoy pvp in the game anyway

and unfortunately it is a waste of time here to come up with any suggestions how to improve the Balance between the factions, or pvp gameplay in General.... if we have learned something in the last couple of years , it is probably that they dont really care at all to improve the Situation.
    i remember when they implemented the 3 new villages and said something like "you asked for it, we are doing it"... that Shows perfectly how delusional the developers are (not even going to bother to talk about IC)

if someone wants to enjoy the game you have to accept that there is only a small time window where pvp is enjoyable and get used to the fact that they will never use much of the potential of the game, so dont think to much about the many awesome ways to improve the game and take every improvement as a unexpected gift

Given ZOS past responses i think there is a good chance even their pvp lead @ZOS_BrianWheeler is oblivious to the issues on the EU PC server.

It´s just an effort to from now on document how their inaction is harming their game. Exactly for the reason you point out: You can only realisticly pvp between 13pm and 18pm because before every campaign is unicoloured or dead and after that it´s unplayably laggy.
    <Noricum>

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, something needs to be done.

As a mainly AD solo player I can also say that it's absolutely 0 fun to play when the whole map is taken by your faction either. I can't find any good fights since at this point all the enemies are either small groups farming AD blobs or EP/DC blobs trying to retake their keeps.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to fight from those low pop sides. Then i took over 9000 arrows to the knee and i started playing from the winning side in their respective campaign and maximized my efficiency from PvP rewards.

Vivec - AD
    Sotha - EP
    Shor - DC

:trollface:
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »
    I used to fight from those low pop sides. Then i took over 9000 arrows to the knee and i started playing from the winning side in their respective campaign and maximized my efficiency from PvP rewards.

Vivec - AD
    Sotha - EP
    Shor - DC

:trollface:

I'm fine with taking 9000 arrows to the knee, but when they also apply major defile is where I draw the line!!!!!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day another yellow map.
    <Noricum>

• TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why is this suprises anyone?

In shor Ad managed to crown an empress after 3 days of constant fighting aginst the blues.

Also teher is some speculation from vivec a random guy told me, EP and Dc are only ruling those cmapins contantly cos they got wiped on vivec and they are mostly prefer masuring e-peep against npc then players.

honestly i dontk if thats true or not i dont care anymore. On almalexia there was alaways a balance fight between the 3 factions, it was coll. but this faction / campin is a bit out of the place :D and it surly prooven right some facts what some players says about the other factions.
    Ad is strong, thats why EP And DC can't handle them on vivec. Ad knows how to lead, how to play tacticks, while on the other 2 campin you only see brainless zegr fest. Not to mention i bet even DC and EP have their inner leadership issues, and strategy issues. It hase been also prooven, in Shor if the AD became to move, Dc and EP work togetehr against AD while they can't do the same on vivec.

I am nto saying there isn't any good palyer amongs Ep and Dc, but what i saw on shor :D dam it was nothing more then a childish sheet fest from DC and Ep. with all respect as i said i am nto saying everyone from that faction is a stupid brainless morron, but sadly thsoe numbers of players are in low in numbers sadly.

There was a guy in shor form teh blues who wanted to become emp, while the whole map was blue even at the very begining of the campin reset time. The guy spent 4 days in a row in cyrodiil.

Hes tatcik was: Ad took some farms and other resources, when ad moved to the other direction lets say Alesias farm the Blues are instantly retook the prewious sources. and that went all the way in days till the guy grinded out 600k ap just for doing that, while in AD we discussed we should not feed the blues giving them chance to crown an emperor. there were no emps in shor for 4 days :D Ad followed the say taticks, tehy just farmed rescources, and then when the guy form ad had a stable top one position, He asked some friends to come in to shor around 5 am (central eu time) and Ad corwend an empress, in no time :D

we even had a guy in our group who was actualy served in the navi, and also he was a war strategist, before the crowning.
    He was so good at it, and even hes leadership was unmacthed by DC, cos they faild in every aspect of doing strategick movement. Those players in shor definetly preferd to play against npc :D And they did lacked the vision of using brain, strategy, and logick. wich is a mandatory thing in war games. Anyway. So yes the 3 faction hase been spit up, and now each and every one of them have their own campin now. Not Because of AD. it is because there are tons of people all around the world who still dont know how to play in Cyrodiil and what actualy skills you need to master to become a winner faction at the actual campin time period. It is not a rocket sience to use strategy, and logick and brain. even in vivec a 2 group of men from otehr faction can clean up the yellow if they knew how to use strategy and logic. If you think strenght is in nuber well honey you are all wrong. :D
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    You do know that ad do get cleaned up every day but during primetime. So what is needed unless you get pop caps is to get a coaltion off unemployed/students and nightshift workers to logg on in the morning on another faction.

I just dont see that happening at this point in the game.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    Also teher is some speculation from vivec a random guy told me, EP and Dc are only ruling those cmapins contantly cos they got wiped on vivec

On Vivec EP and DC constantly recapture the whole map from yellows again and again, day after day, despite of facing an uphill battle everytime against enemies with 15% more crit, 5% more damage and mitigation, emperorship HP bonus, and the emperor himself.

So, no. They do not get wiped on Vivec, not if they are actually logged in.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85, you have no clues at all of what is going on i Cyro. It is easy to cap the map when the servers are empty and most players prefer the easy way fighting npcs, like AD does each morning in Vivec. Honor to the few brave DC and EP who try fight at that time. If you want to speak about strategy crown an emperor at primetime as EU and DC regularly does.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    Ad is strong, thats why EP And DC can't handle them on vivec. Ad knows how to lead, how to play tacticks, while on the other 2 campin you only see brainless zegr fest. Not to mention i bet even DC and EP have their inner leadership issues, and strategy issues. It hase been also prooven, in Shor if the AD became to move, Dc and EP work togetehr against AD while they can't do the same on vivec.

This is everything that is wrong with PVP, this is beyond delusional.
    Edited by elfantasmo on January 22, 2018 12:15PM