The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best race for DK Tank?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
I heard Argonian is best for beginners and Imperial is better for End-Game players. I’m just curious as to what raid groups would prefer their Tank to be or what race advice experienced players can give? I’ve played a DK Tank as an Argonian for awhile and it was pretty easy but now that I’m getting in Vet Trials and want to do vDSA, i’m Looking to fully optimize my build. I am currently an Imperial with 5x Torug’s, 5x Ebon, 2x Monster (usually Lord Warden but I switch between LW, Blood Spawn, and Troll King depending on group preferences or group needs.
Edited by Valykc on January 18, 2018 2:43PM

Best race for DK Tank? 27 votes

Argonian
70%
xaraanTroneonBashevDHalepaulsimonpsRykarchSnowZeniaLadyNalcaryaVoxicityGreatGildersleevesilhouette187JawasaZer0oogepe87beetlekleeajcorbellWrathOfInnosATomiX96Jillzx 19 votes
Imperial
18%
Mic1007BlanketFortScottOfLibertaliashaielzafineJobooAGS 5 votes
Other
11%
Drdeath20WildRaptorXWheresWilfred 3 votes
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    A little mix of both; Imperial with armor made from Argonian scales. :trollface:
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Nord
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Nord

I’d be worried about stamina sustain but I suppose I would do the same on Imperial as well.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Granted, I'd vote Argonian even back before they changed the potion passive some think made them BiS for tanking, but really - argonians have great racial passives for support characters like healers and tanks. But it's not so OP that it's the only option, you can tank all content on any race.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Granted, I'd vote Argonian even back before they changed the potion passive some think made them BiS for tanking, but really - argonians have great racial passives for support characters like healers and tanks. But it's not so OP that it's the only option, you can tank all content on any race.

KHAJIIT IT IS!!!!!
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Valykc wrote: »

KHAJIIT IT IS!!!!!

One of the best tanks in the game is a Khajiit, @Woeler, I personally Tank on a Dunmer and it doesn't give me any trouble at all. Though I have tanked on my dunmer since launch so I know no other way to tank on my DK than with her, I could change and make it easier, but I won't, cause Dunmers. Got 2 Dunmer Tanks, 2 Nords and 1 Argonian.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

KHAJIIT IT IS!!!!!

One of the best tanks in the game is a Khajiit, @Woeler, I personally Tank on a Dunmer and it doesn't give me any trouble at all. Though I have tanked on my dunmer since launch so I know no other way to tank on my DK than with her, I could change and make it easier, but I won't, cause Dunmers. Got 2 Dunmer Tanks, 2 Nords and 1 Argonian.

Yeah it’s because of @Woeler that I want to be a Khajiit haha
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

KHAJIIT IT IS!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=4423233
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tank on an Altmer Warden. Sure the Argonian Resourceful passive was marginally helpful, but really I get pretty much the same sustain from the Altmer passives plus that extra damage out of my CC skills. Just adjust your build for it. In Ebon and Torugs and Lord Warden all sturdy, I have 35k health 40k with Minor Toughness which I ensure 100% uptime on by running a Prismatic on my front bar. Every bar swap is room for a 400 heal. 19k stamina, which maybe sounds low to a DK but my stamina return is constent trickle in, no burst like Battle Roar. 14k mag with 1700 regen. Feel like you could do the same idea on a Dunmer DK
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.