The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maelstrom arena - New "medium" difficulty?

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works fine as it is
    Draxys wrote: »
    I don't care tbh, but you have a point about the gap between normal and veteran. It's pretty extreme. I think it is probably like that because of power creep, which isn't a good reason but necessary in the current state of the game. Low CP players probably feel like normal mode is actually normal, but max CP players on vet mode still have a hard time with certain moments (ice rink >:( )

This is exactly it. The gap is huge for those at middle CP to CP cap.

At 160? If you don't know the mechanics normal MA will pose a problem until you do.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works fine as it is
    its 2018, if you still cant beat vet maelstrom, thats a lrn2play issue.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works fine as it is
    Once you know and understand how VMA works it becomes easy, when I started I was doing full runs in over 2 hours and the last time I ran it on my toons "2 months ago" I was doing 30 mins runs on all classes from stam-magic I even jumped in there on my stam warden wearing 1h and shield and 2h in all pvp gear and still pulled a 500k+ score within 40 mins. Just take your time and NEVER run a normal dungeon or trial or VMA and thing it will help you with vet mode it's just not the same. I was in a PUG group running VDSA and they thought they knew what they where doing since they ran normal mode even tho if your max CP you can solo normal dsa.. just take your time and see what your doing wrong
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works fine as it is
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Apart from getting the weapons, the only other reason to complete vMA is ego. Having a 'medium' difficulty level MA would only be a compromise for people who want to complete vMA but can't.

I play a video game to have fun, not torture myself. I have only ever entered normal MA on two characters and completed it both times. I have not even thought about taking any of my other 11 characters there, nor have I considered entering vMA on any character.

You just need to take your time normal MA is to easy meaning you can make a new toon jump in there and beat it. IF you know what your doing
  • Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    It works fine as it is
    Git gud.

Everyone who has gotten their vMA weapons has struggled through for their first clear. It is a learning experience. Besides, chances are if you are not up to the task of vMA, you are not going to be doing hard enough content in game to actually NEED the weapons.
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works fine as it is
    Corpier wrote: »
    Everyone who has gotten their vMA weapons has struggled through for their first clear. It is a learning experience.

Besides, chances are if you are not up to the task of vMA, you are not going to be doing hard enough content in game to actually NEED the weapons.

Nailed it.
    1. My first complete took like 16-18 hours, I spent many 10 hour runs in there getting through only one boss each time.
    2. I couldn't save my progress (Actually helped as I had to learn the fight rather than just skip past it everyday)
    3. The CP cap was 300, I had less.
    4. The gear was craftable gear like Julianos and templars were using swords etc.
    5. There was significantly more bugs (R4 invisible lightening, R5 MANY ISSUES, R6-7 DC, R7 plants, R8 pillars not destroying and so on)

Medium would just be there to give average players a sense of accomplishment, that they simply don't deserve these days; given the substantial advantages you have in there today it would be more of an embarrassment that you've had to opt for that in the first place.

I remember when the first boss used to teleport about 4-5 times for me :D If people just stuck at it, soon enough, he wouldn't at all.
    Edited by BNOC on January 25, 2018 1:50PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Poison level = absolutely ridiculous! Get the poison on you and you dont have time to even teleport to a healing spring! Too overpowered. Death in literally 0.75 sec