The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Imperial City Zergs

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tea bagging on a 15 v 1 is cowardly.

Now, if you fail a gank on a 1 v 1 (especially if I’m in a menu or looking at the map) I will kill you and teabag you in a violent and merciless manner.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos made vicious death, removed aoe caps and decided to sell house storage through tel var.

Alls I'm saying is, think about it.
    Edited by Inarre on January 12, 2018 3:30PM
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tea bagging on a 15 v 1 is cowardly.

Now, if you fail a gank on a 1 v 1 (especially if I’m in a menu or looking at the map) I will kill you and teabag you in a violent and merciless manner.

So true
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BANK_IT_HERE
    Honestly I never play in a group (unless I'm Emperor) but reading your post really makes me wanna form a group and zerg down Imperial city now.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BANK_IT_HERE

For New Years, our guild had a IC event, killing bosses in IC for TelVar because some people can't go upstairs in Cyrodiil when it's busy. Safety in numbers. Now, owning a district gets you bonus TelVar so if we are farming bosses, to maximize our farming, we take the flag. We generally leave the solo players alone until they attack one of us or depending on the player, we will kill them so they can't gank one of us while we fight the boss. Smart yes? The best thing to do at this point is know which direction the group is going and try and do your own thing and avoid them or go in a different campaign. PVP areas are a dog-eat-dog areas. No mercy. better to accept that now.

Now that Storage for homes will also cost 200K TelVar, you will see an increase of larger numbers farming IC.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Sandman929
      Sandman929
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We have a guild run in IC and Sewers once a week with an attendance of usually around 10-16 people. Had some good fights against roughly even numbers of EP last night, but it wouldn't have been us teabagging because we're all over 12 years old.
    • ol_BANK_lo
      ol_BANK_lo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @BANK_IT_HERE

For New Years, our guild had a IC event, killing bosses in IC for TelVar because some people can't go upstairs in Cyrodiil when it's busy. Safety in numbers. Now, owning a district gets you bonus TelVar so if we are farming bosses, to maximize our farming, we take the flag. We generally leave the solo players alone until they attack one of us or depending on the player, we will kill them so they can't gank one of us while we fight the boss. Smart yes? The best thing to do at this point is know which direction the group is going and try and do your own thing and avoid them or go in a different campaign. PVP areas are a dog-eat-dog areas. No mercy. better to accept that now.

Now that Storage for homes will also cost 200K TelVar, you will see an increase of larger numbers farming IC.

I prefer running solo or in small 2 to 3 man groups. I like finding small scale or the challenge of taking on groups larger than ours. Last night it was just large groups everywhere, which yes, was likely due to the tel var needed for chests. But it just brought up the question in general since it isn't the first time. And the larger the group, the less tel var you get...so may be safety in numbers for getting ganked, but it also takes forever to acquire tel var with large groups.
    • NordSwordnBoard
      NordSwordnBoard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Anybody remember the thread where a player got ganked looting a chest, and then enlisted his guild to go and hunt the person down and keep killing them? Something like 15+ people all hunting after one NB. It was a bounty situation in a way. Some called it griefing, some called it just desserts etc. Tel Var and pride, Tel Var and Pride...

I couldn't find the thread, and the salt accumulation may have gotten it locked.

@BANK_IT_HERE Was it you? Own up to it... lol

Edited by NordSwordnBoard on January 12, 2018 6:45PM
      Fear is the Mindkiller
    • ol_BANK_lo
      ol_BANK_lo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Anybody remember the thread where a player got ganked looting a chest, and then enlisted his guild to go and hunt the person down and keep killing them? Something like 15+ people all hunting after one NB. It was a bounty situation in a way. Some called it griefing, some called it just desserts etc. Tel Var and pride, Tel Var and Pride...

I couldn't find the thread, and the salt accumulation may have gotten it locked.

@BANK_IT_HERE Was it you? Own up to it... lol

Ha, no. That seems extreme. It's PVP, there is no love. I really was just curious, because it does not seem fun to me...and wonder why people tbag when 15 take out 1 - especially that one guy who didn't partake in the fight tbags. lol Big balls when hiding behind wall?
    • Dutchessx
      Dutchessx
      ✭✭✭✭
      Where are these zergs you speak of in which ic?
      Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
      Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
      Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
      Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
      The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
      Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
      Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
      Remember Haderus
      Remember Azura's Star
    • DoctorESO
      DoctorESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Edited by DoctorESO on July 14, 2018 5:47PM
    • O_LYKOS
      O_LYKOS
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So if I want to go IC but then several other friends/guild mates ask to join I should just say no there's too many of us?

Maybe we want to fight all the world bosses with less chance of dying and losing tel var.
      PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
      Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
    • ol_BANK_lo
      ol_BANK_lo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      O_LYKOS wrote: »
      So if I want to go IC but then several other friends/guild mates ask to join I should just say no there's too many of us?

Maybe we want to fight all the world bosses with less chance of dying and losing tel var.

We do. We like to run in small groups. We had 4 people this morning, which is a big as we go. There was no PVP this morning, so we farmed Tel Var and several other people in our faction seemed to follow us, which kept Tel Var rewards on the bosses to 1.2k or so. So we left. That's just us. Other people have their thing, but I was curious. 15v1 or whatever seems stupidly boring and getting 1k per boss seems like a waste of time.
      Edited by ol_BANK_lo on January 13, 2018 9:32PM
    • Bhaal5
      Bhaal5
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To the OP, ever thought that eso is a mmo and people do play the game too play with other people? And that group of 15 might be..... Actually having a social event.... Oh no god forbid people talking to other people laughing, joking you know been social.
      Not everyone enjoys been a loner and soloing everything. Plus to boot, zos have not implemented ANY sort of social events/content In four years.
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ive been in a few. Usually a guild event that gets new players through. Actually; when I think about it, many years ago I liked to be in large groups when new and over time; I think I prefer to do my own thing, which may be near a zerg but to join the zerg; its usually to be with new players/new PvPers/social. And there's the occasional "I'm just going to sit back and drink beer and will just join up to fight other zergs."

The fun times are when I've already had a bunch of beer and there's no takers to get me in a group. Sometimes I wind up surprised when I do better drunk; which is then followed by me getting killed while still yammering about winning some fights.
    • Venom4You
      Venom4You
      ✭✭✭
      Last time I saw a zerg in IC on EU server was when we had that tel var festival with increased drops last year... every time since then when I have visited IC for small scale when vivec was too laggy it was plain dead.
      I guess better a zerg there then dead... because tel var zergs can be bombed :Do:)
      Aka Crowley

Member of Zerg Squad (EP/AD - EU)
      Role: Raid Healer
      Main Characters: Majestic Crowley (Warden Healer - EP) / Father Crowley (Templar Healer - AD) / Brother Crowley (Templar Healer - DC)
    • Revokus
      Revokus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ulo wrote: »
      To farm Tel Var stones, and you're less likely to die and lose them all with more people...

That’s funny considering there is a penalty from telvar the more people you have. People running 10+ man groups are still the dumbest to this day. They still haven’t learned and they actually find it fun earning 10 telvar per boss because they are in a too big of a group. Seriously IC is full of flaws. There is always a *** mob ready to block your line of sight when you are in a critical moment.
      Edited by Revokus on June 21, 2018 3:36AM
      Playing since January 23, 2016
    • Slowbromance
      Slowbromance
      ✭✭✭
      DoctorESO wrote: »

If you were picked on your whole life in ESO (Cyrodiil and the Imperial City), wouldn't you too get satisfaction from running around with 15 people and then rubbing the win in the loser's face?

That's just perpetuating an already toxic reputation PvP has in general. I remember being low CP on Vivec NA PC and trying to help defend a keep from who I know now is a well known small group from one of the factions. One of the players from that group began flaming me as I kept running out to attempt to face and kill them and kept dying as I was still low level and learning.

I have that person blocked from messaging me to this day because of it, and that experience has made me think that much less of them. If big boys are continuously picking on the lowbies it only discourages the growth of this community. Less people that want to PvP, less ZoS will care when we post issues in the forum.
      -Shadow hide you
    • amir412
      amir412
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Milvan wrote: »
      Can anyone who zergs Imperial City districts tell me why you do it??? What's the point of running with 15 people to capture flags? Isn't zerging for open world Cyrodiil? And then why t-bag when you win 15v1? I don't get the enjoyment?

ZMayb0M_700wa_0.gif

Dead.
      PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
      "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• ol_BANK_lo
      ol_BANK_lo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Aisle9 wrote: »
      The feeling when you start stacking bodies, and the whole 24ppl raid respawn, but doesn't want do come down, because 3 people are down there waiting...

:)

haha, so true
    • ol_BANK_lo
      ol_BANK_lo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Datthaw wrote: »
      Can anyone who zergs Imperial City districts tell me why you do it??? What's the point of running with 15 people to capture flags? Isn't zerging for open world Cyrodiil? And then why t-bag when you win 15v1? I don't get the enjoyment?

Haha let me guess you're in Shor and it's an EP guild

This was awhile ago, so I don't remember, but I've seen every faction do it.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Why are we continuing a debate from January?
    • ol_BANK_lo
      ol_BANK_lo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      di_rty wrote: »
      I frequent the sewers on PC NA, it's where I make almost all of my gold in the game. I often see these large groups and just call for a buddy or two to help me combat them. If executed correctly, we can wipe them over and over. I look at it as another great way to farm tel var.

Honestly, I get more upset when there are large groups on my own alliance taking the bosses. I'd much rather solo and get the 15k+ tel var for each boss than 1k for each.

Yeah, we usually leave or go a different direction when we see that.
    • Grimlok_S
      Grimlok_S
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have way more fun farming farmers than farming bosses.

Pay the troll toll!
      Light Attack Hero

Class context
      Stamplar
      StamDK
      Stamsorc
      MagDK
      StamMAGStamden
      Magplar
      Stam NB
      Bomb NB