The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

BGS with randoms vs premades? really zos????

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm new doing bgs and i realize zos match a bunch of randoms vs premades. I'm not sure, but i think he does. Anyone can confirm this?

If it is like that, PLEASE CHANGE IT!!! is really completly unfair!!
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to battle grounds lol
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can queue solo or up to 4 with friends. It's always been that way since the start. Don't see it changing.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • KingYogi415
      KingYogi415
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Just make a team, it’s not that hard...
    • Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, you mean of PvP players.

Unless you're in a PvP guild, I guarantee you, they're not gonna make a difference.

Every guild I've joined, (except a PvP guild) I'm the best PvPer there. Even then the PvP guilds I know have the best players in them.

Now if you were to join a PvP player from the forums, you're gonna do very well.

Every time I pair up with someone from here, we destroy all.

Let's see here... @Lexxypwns @zParallaxz @Toc de Malsvi um... Someone else... @Beardimus soon...

I've played with these gents, it's not fair lmfao
      Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    • Toc de Malsvi
      Toc de Malsvi
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Players have a tendency to want to play with other players they feel are equal or better than themselves. Thus players tend to clump up in groups of roughly equivalent skill. Which actually makes it quite hard for less experienced players to get a decent group. Yet all skill levels compete in the same que pool.

BGs should probably have some sort of ranking system. Then instead of purely tossing a group of say 400 level players against each other, each team could have a 400, a 300, a 200, and a 100 ranked player. Or as close to that as could be matched, and only allow solo que.

Then team que could go for team ranking in a completely separate que.

Legendary Archer of Valenwood
      Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
      Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
      Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
      Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
      Templar's are evil..
    • Thogard
      Thogard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, you mean of PvP players.

Unless you're in a PvP guild, I guarantee you, they're not gonna make a difference.

Every guild I've joined, (except a PvP guild) I'm the best PvPer there. Even then the PvP guilds I know have the best players in them.

Now if you were to join a PvP player from the forums, you're gonna do very well.

Every time I pair up with someone from here, we destroy all.

Let's see here... @Lexxypwns @zParallaxz @Toc de Malsvi um... Someone else... @Beardimus soon...

I've played with these gents, it's not fair lmfao

Most of the good PvP guilds on PC NA are invite-only. I can’t imagine it’s too different on xbox.

My BG guild will fight with and against someone dozens of times before we invite them. Usually the people that give us the most trouble / competition are the ones getting invited. We never wear emblem so many people don’t know we exist. I like it that way.

We get a lot of people asking to group with us but we say no in most scenarios because we don’t want to run a full four man if there’s no competition, so we rarely add people. I think our current roster is 22 players? Of whom 17 have been in a BG in the last 48 hours.
      PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
      YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MurderMostFoul
      MurderMostFoul
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      teladoy wrote: »
      I'm new doing bgs and i realize zos match a bunch of randoms vs premades. I'm not sure, but i think he does. Anyone can confirm this?

At least with noCP, a premade group isn't going to have the advantage of 4x max CP over pugs with various random CP totals. From what I can recall, the Pug v Premade problem wasn't as bad in noCP. The added vulnerability all players have in noCP helps give pugs a chance against premade groups.
      “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    • Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I also like to take smoke breaks so I like to PuG, groups usually like to just go go go.
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    • Kiara
      Kiara
      ✭✭✭
      Its been like that since BGs release and it is not going to change for a while now, even if we don't like it. You'll get used to it... Eventually ^.^
    • zParallaxz
      zParallaxz
      ✭✭✭✭✭

At least with noCP, a premade group isn't going to have the advantage of 4x max CP over pugs with various random CP totals. From what I can recall, the Pug v Premade problem wasn't as bad in noCP. The added vulnerability all players have in noCP helps give pugs a chance against premade groups.

People need to understand cp or no cp a pug is a pug. Pugs fighting against skilled people in no cp still get bopped the same way they would with cp.
    • Lexxypwns
      Lexxypwns
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      zParallaxz wrote: »

People need to understand cp or no cp a pug is a pug. Pugs fighting against skilled people in no cp still get bopped the same way they would with cp.

On the surface this appears true. However, CP add another thing to min/max on characters, therefore widening the gap between min/max players with top tier setups and pugs. It’s still gonna be a loss but the gap is smaller in no-CP and that’s just considering max CP players.
    • Thogard
      Thogard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lexxypwns wrote: »

On the surface this appears true. However, CP add another thing to min/max on characters, therefore widening the gap between min/max players with top tier setups and pugs. It’s still gonna be a loss but the gap is smaller in no-CP and that’s just considering max CP players.
      Agreed, but consider as a counter point that in CP, survivability is increased. It’s easier to “tank” or mitigate four people in CP than in No CP. biggest difference between a PUG and a premade is target focus... and target focus is more deadly in No CP than in CP.

But that’s assuming you don’t get stuck with a cp 90 PUG... which we all know is what actually happens when you queue up solo against a premade ;)
      PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thogard wrote: »

Agreed, but consider as a counter point that in CP, survivability is increased. It’s easier to “tank” or mitigate four people in CP than in No CP. biggest difference between a PUG and a premade is target focus... and target focus is more deadly in No CP than in CP.

But that’s assuming you don’t get stuck with a cp 90 PUG... which we all know is what actually happens when you queue up solo against a premade ;)

PUGs (the ones we are talking about) did not place the correct amount stars into the defensive CP stars.

CPs help survival when used correctly, in these instances they are not used correctly
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    • DosPanchos
      DosPanchos
      ✭✭✭

Yessir.
    • MurderMostFoul
      MurderMostFoul
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thogard wrote: »

Target focus is the most impactful difference between Pug and Premade. But target focus becomes even more of a necessity in CP modes where tankiness is amplified. So in noCP, where target focusing isn't as important, I feel like Pugs have a slightly better chance against Premades.

Don't get me wrong though. A proper Premade should still win the vast majority of games against Pugs in noCP, I just believe that the removal of CP will mitigate the level of dominance a bit.
      “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    • ToRelax
      ToRelax
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      In no CP, a skilled player has a better chance of fighting a premade, carrying their group. You still need to be a better player to win de facto outnumbered (at least if everyone is actually trying to win the game from the start).
      DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
      The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    • Anethum
      Anethum
      ✭✭✭✭

Man, do u really like to fight in premade vs pugs?
      Challenge? Competition?

P.S: If u like, maybe u like to beat girls or childrens in real life also?
      @Anethum from .ua
    • Thogard
      Thogard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      diplomatt wrote: »

Man, do u really like to fight in premade vs pugs?
      Challenge? Competition?

P.S: If u like, maybe u like to beat girls or childrens in real life also?

Best BG fights are premade vs premade.

In a 4 v 4 v 4 competition, I guess the real question is why hard is it to find actual teams.

• PhoenixGrey
      PhoenixGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭

True.
      it should either be no premades allowed or only premades allowed. Never both. Don't know what ZOS was thinking when they designed it the way it is
    • Anethum
      Anethum
      ✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_Wrobel Separate premade groups from random grouped in battlegrounds.
      And hell react at least to this. Bored to spam this Main issue in battlegrounds. It feels like u don't play dpn't know and don't want to know eso.
      @Anethum from .ua
    • Sixty5
      Sixty5
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The premade thing is complicated.

I took a group of mates into battlegrounds for the first time last night, and we got absolutely destroyed. Firstly because they aren't particularly experienced with Battlegrounds (they charged the group who started with the power sigil in a deathmatch) and because none of us had played in a month or so.

Thing is, most PUG groups would have slaughtered us just the same, and putting a group like that only up against other 4 mans isn't really fun for anyone. Especially when you consider the 20 minute long queue times that exist now for us.

I'd love to see multiple queues for battlegrounds to account for all this stuff, but there just isn't the population to allow that.
      Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
      Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    • TwistedThoughtz
      TwistedThoughtz
      ✭✭✭
      I don’t know if I should laugh or feel bad..
    • teladoy
      teladoy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sixty5 wrote: »

I took a group of mates into battlegrounds for the first time last night, and we got absolutely destroyed. Firstly because they aren't particularly experienced with Battlegrounds (they charged the group who started with the power sigil in a deathmatch) and because none of us had played in a month or so.

Thing is, most PUG groups would have slaughtered us just the same, and putting a group like that only up against other 4 mans isn't really fun for anyone. Especially when you consider the 20 minute long queue times that exist now for us.

I'd love to see multiple queues for battlegrounds to account for all this stuff, but there just isn't the population to allow that.

Is not complicated, is easy to understand and I will explain you why.

Your experience with your friends was like that because you had no training, no tactic and no team play, but normally premades are premades because they go in as a TEAM, they speak with each other, they focus target, they cover each other and they play in totally coordination.

Saying that is about principles not match this kind of teams against people that are all the contrary, even if sometimes it is true that you can be in a team that sinergies very good is not fair because that is totally aleatory.

I would say change the methodology, if match premades with pugs is a thing to don't keep the people waiting, think zos that your doing something worst, you are obligating people to go trough a unpleasant experience of 10 minutes without even a little bit of fun and leaving the bg very angry and in a bad mood.

Preamades should be matched only with premades.

Premades of 2 with premades of 2, 3 with 3 and 4 with 4 and that has to be a rule even if you have to keep the people waiting 3 days.
    • Thogard
      Thogard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sixty5 wrote: »

This is actually a pet peeve of mine. Just because you’re a bad premade doesn’t mean you should get to stomp PUGs. You won’t get better that way - you should record your losses and analyze what you did wrong.

• Mihael
      Mihael
      ✭✭✭✭
      I like cp bgs because like Thogard said it’s easier to fight a premade then it is on No cp but at the same time the amount of people running dumb tank builds is getting ridiculous so in that sense I’m kinda looking forward to no cp bgs
    • Thogard
      Thogard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mihael wrote: »
      I like cp bgs because like Thogard said it’s easier to fight a premade then it is on No cp but at the same time the amount of people running dumb tank builds is getting ridiculous so in that sense I’m kinda looking forward to no cp bgs

Yeah. On one hand I’m excited to finally be able to kill everyone again instead of just giving up on some of the tougher targets.

On the other hand, I’m not excited about being killable by focus fire again lol. In CP I can buy myself 3-4 seconds to LoS but in No CP I just explode lol.

• teladoy
      teladoy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think the problem here is not if Premades in no CP Bgs are better to fight than in CP, i think the problem here is a principle problem.

It is totally unfair to match pugs with organized teams. Is like say, let's put in a paintball fight the SWATS with some random neightbor guys.