The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Outfit System Praise, Criticism, and Commentary

• Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of gold cost is probably to not to makr people with Imperial edition and pre-order morrowind feel cheated as one of the bonuses were free transmog (that didnt work on most items) to Imperial or Morag Tong style. As someone who has them both (and never used them), I'd rather take all of the transmog styles free. :) The badly working transmog was not the reason why I pre-ordered morrowind or bought Imperial edition. As for the rest of the people who had those, give them a few crown crates to compensate.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Holy cowbells... It really does cost gold to dye now even w/eso plus?!?!? That was a free feature for subscribers for years. How can this be arbitrarily taken away?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree the costs are too high, and having a seemingly arbitrary gold cost attributed to "rare" or newly released motifs, while having lower costs for basic or "crappy" motifs makes no sense whatsoever. I can see no justifiable reason for the gold grind attached to this system.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Holy cowbells... It really does cost gold to dye now even w/eso plus?!?!? That was a free feature for subscribers for years. How can this be arbitrarily taken away?

@nimander99

To clarify, costumes (which are different from outfits) can still be dyed normally if you have ESO+. For now. Outfits are what cost gold to dye. So as long as you don't participate in this new "free" system you won't have to spend huge amounts of gold.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crown and gold costs are increasingly frustrating.

1500 for one character outfit is just incredibly ridiculous. Why would I pay the same amount for an outfit as a character?
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah was a bit shocked at how quickly just dyeing my set racked up what felt like quite a cost for 'just colours'. On the plus side if you have imperial/morrowind costume, you can use that to unlock the 100 changes achievement for free :)
    Edited by aeowulf on February 16, 2018 8:22AM
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I was told and do not like is outfits made apparently are not account wide and can only be worn by the character that made them. Also adding outfit slots purchased via the crown store are not account wide either. The extra slot only applies to the character who purchased it.

Clairification would be nice but if the above is true then the outfit system is one big ZOS money grab and rip off which I will not have anything to do with.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    What I was told and do not like is outfits made apparently are not account wide and can only be worn by the character that made them. Also adding outfit slots purchased via the crown store are not account wide either. The extra slot only applies to the character who purchased it.

Clairification would be nice but if the above is true then the outfit system is one big ZOS money grab and rip off which I will not have anything to do with.

Outfit slots are per character and are not account wide. Thus, I can dress my EP Vestige completely differently from my AD Eye of,the Queen. However, if I buy a new outfit slot, I only get that on the character for whom I bought it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

Let's review how dyeing works.

No one pays to dye equipped gear. Make sure you are on the "No Outfit" selection.
    Only ESO+ members can freely dye costumes as usual.
    Everyone pays to dye outfits, either with gold or tokens.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1500 crowns per outfit slot and not even a damn hide tabard option.
  • gd4play
    gd4play
    Soul Shriven
    When I first heard outfits were coming I thought "Awesome!" Except, I thought it would be more than cosmetic. :frowning: I had hoped that we would be able to swap gear for each outfit. If that were the case, I'd be more willing to buy outfit slots. As it is, "meh"

Outfit Wish-list Requirements:
    - Each outfit would/could have it's own gear, skill bars, quick slots & emotes. (Possibly even personalities and other applicable character specials)
    - No limitation for repeating gear, skills, etc. across outfits.
    - Gear selected for at least one outfit would have the "equiped" status and only show up in appropriate lists for actions.
    - Characters would be granted one outfit on creation and one additional at CP160. (Applied retroactively to existing characters) Additional outfits purchased as they are now.
    - Switching outfits would have the same limitations as switching skills in terms of where and when they can be switched.
    - All armor slots be hide-able. Come on! People have tats to show off!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gd4play wrote: »
    Come on! People have tats to show off!
    Perhaps we could re-phrase this, for better leverage.

People won't buy tats and skins if they can't show them off. ZOS need to think about future revenue when they make this choice, not revenue they already have. Since you have one outfit slot for free, but skin decorations are all Crown Store ...
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very well said, and I agree 100%. I have some toons I still do not have outfits on because I can't afford it yet. I've had to save up to change the ones I have done so far. They've cost me in excess of 15k to outfit and dye, and I'm not a big shaker in the trading world, nor do I grind dungeons or mat selling. Between this and the luxury vendor hitting us very hard every weekend with the re-releases I'm staying broke, and a few of my toons won't get outfits for a long time! I have, however, been a subscriber for nearly a year...it'd be nice to see that be a benefit so far as outfitting goes.
    Edited by Minyassa on March 6, 2018 10:22PM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current problem is that I want to create an outfit that is simple, like NPC costume, without bulky shoulder pads or hip flaps. There are just to few motif pieces for this.

So, if I want to create an outfit for a warrior/melee char, there are a lot of options, but if I want to make a civilian/cloth mage/priest outfit, the options are quite limited. Why can't we use looted clothing for outfits, like the prisoner rags we unlock while leveling? Why can't we hide shoulder pads, when we saw a GUI with these features in the developers' stream? I would like some variants of jerkins or robes without flaps, same way we have multiple visuals for an armor piece according to level.

The gold cost is high.. The glass motif cost 6k in the outfiter. How about replacing the gold cost with something else, like style stones (malachite, obsidian, etc), or a combination with something else.
    Edited by kind_hero on March 7, 2018 10:55AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This system is ok, personally I would have preferred it the way SWTOR does it.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was a little surprised to get a quote of over 1,000 gold just to dye my staff purple. But there are worse things.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I was a little surprised to get a quote of over 1,000 gold just to dye my staff purple. But there are worse things.

The weapon slots are 350 gold each, so yeah, that gets pricey fast.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy fanboism, Batman! Calm down before your pants catch fire.
  • gd4play
    gd4play
    Soul Shriven
    ghastley wrote: »
    gd4play wrote: »
    Come on! People have tats to show off!
    ZOS need to think about future revenue

Honestly, I'm not interested in paying for slots just for cosmetics. If there were a playability purpose like having a different gear and skill set for each slot, I'd probably buy 2-4 for each character I play.

PvE/exp build
    Healer or Tank build
    PvP build
    Thief/Assassin build

I'd then want each slot to look the part. I'd end up crafting and collecting a lot more gear. I'd need more inventory slots. Lots of things that could create incentives for buying more from the crown store.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a message that says "Hey, I need a healer for ..." and be able to switch from doing your Thief's guild dailies with a click and say "Be right there!"?