The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Data Mining] New Crown Store Items from 3.3.0

• coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oberick wrote: »
    Eh.. top hats and unicorns incoming.. Another step away..

from what? we already had unicorns in oblivion and we already have other forms of clothing from the 18th century, when top hats were introduced.

I view Unicorns, in almost any game, as a sign of decline. They have a very high negative connotation for me that indicates that the game is not a serious fantasy game.

Oblivion made a nasty unicorn horse that was something to be reckoned with, and that is the only reason why it worked in Oblivion. In ESO, it would just be a mount paid for with Crowns and obtained from some random loot box.

So wait? If a game has a fantasy creature in it, then you view the game as not being a serious fantasy game?

If the game has unicorns in it, then I consider it to be a sign that it is not a serious fantasy game.

There's unicorns in Witcher 3....

Are you gonna tell me that's not a serious fantasy game because of that?
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »

from what? we already had unicorns in oblivion and we already have other forms of clothing from the 18th century, when top hats were introduced.

I view Unicorns, in almost any game, as a sign of decline. They have a very high negative connotation for me that indicates that the game is not a serious fantasy game.

Oblivion made a nasty unicorn horse that was something to be reckoned with, and that is the only reason why it worked in Oblivion. In ESO, it would just be a mount paid for with Crowns and obtained from some random loot box.

So wait? If a game has a fantasy creature in it, then you view the game as not being a serious fantasy game?

If the game has unicorns in it, then I consider it to be a sign that it is not a serious fantasy game.

I've never played Witcher 3. Oblivion made a nasty unicorn horse that was something to be reckoned with, and that was the reason why it worked in Oblivion. In ESO, it would just be a mount paid for with Crowns and obtained from some random loot box. This is not what was in Oblivion, and probably not in Witcher 3.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much, @Donari! :smiley:

Most welcome! I wish there was a way to alert folks skimming the thread that there are full images handy for those who can't load the site; I've seen a few subsequent posts complaining about the site's accessibility.

So a reminder: On page 4 of this thread, nearish the top, there is a post with screencaps of all the datamined images. I have no objection to anyone saving a copy for themselves.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend

Man, someone should tell the ur-RPG Dungeons & Dragons about this before they go and make idio—

tumblr_p2ec8hTKnE1uhqz68o1_1280.png

aw hell!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, someone should tell the ur-RPG Dungeons & Dragons about this before they go and make idio—

aw hell!

Loooong before Unicorns became a joke in games.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    gp_crwn_mounts_frostbanesabrecat_1x1.jpg

gp_crwn_mounts_galvanicstormsteed_1x1.jpg

These are AMAZINGLY well designed.

Please pass on kudos to the artists, @ZOS_GinaBruno, and please offer an alternative to Crown Crates this year! It's been one year since the Storm Crates released, so now is the perfect time to sell those Apex mounts and other items only available in them directly on the Crown Store. The Crates aren't available anymore anyway; a lot of people will be playing today that weren't playing back then, so missed the chance to buy them; and there are still loads of us who refuse to buy Crates but would happily jump at the chance to buy these mounts directly. Surely one year is plenty of time for exclusivity to Crates?

Expectations

Reality

:lol:

At least it’s not as bad as the Breton Hero costume :tongue:

Breton Hero Comparison
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • platonicidealgirlfriend

aw hell!

yhKdUVE.gif
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully a lot of those will be in the store, and not the rng crown crates. If ZOS wants my money, that is. Not too keen on the guar with braids, but senches, cats, sabercats.... I'll end up buying crowns if they're for sale and not for "gamble".
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah many things there are awesome etc., especially mounts like ghost horse or flame lion, but I'm not hyped about it anymore since most likely all this stuff will end up in the crates.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

aw hell!

Before they became a joke to you you mean?

This is all your opinion, which is fine, but don't spread it like facts. You can dislike unicorns all you want, just don't make up stuff
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've never played Witcher 3. Oblivion made a nasty unicorn horse that was something to be reckoned with, and that was the reason why it worked in Oblivion. In ESO, it would just be a mount paid for with Crowns and obtained from some random loot box. This is not what was in Oblivion, and probably not in Witcher 3.

In Witcher 3 they were in a DLC, sort of jokingly because it was a special area focused around fairytales, but in the lore unicorns played a big part in the story of the Wild Hunt and why they came to this land, I won't spoil it but something to do with unicorns being able to open portals to other worlds.

BTW did you just copy and paste your previous answer and tweaked it some for Witcher? Lol
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In Witcher 3 they were in a DLC, sort of jokingly because it was a special area focused around fairytales, but in the lore unicorns played a big part in the story of the Wild Hunt and why they came to this land, I won't spoil it but something to do with unicorns being able to open portals to other worlds.

BTW did you just copy and paste your previous answer and tweaked it some for Witcher? Lol

Yes. There isn't a lot more to say about them in this thread. Unicorns are heavily stereotyped, and my feeling is that they are just capitalizing on that.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things I am surprised no one has talked about yet...

1. Mini Skeletal Dragon pet?!
    dWEyA.gif
    Seriously! Sooo much upcoming dragon-related stuff! <3 Even if Peryite's moreso a Daedric Prince. XP

2. Can we talk about the fact that the Hubalajad's Final Treasure furnishing pack contains a MOURNFUL AEGIS?
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on January 12, 2018 1:42AM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Two things I am surprised no one has talked about yet...

1. Mini Skeletal Dragon pet?!
    dWEyA.gif
    Seriously! Sooo much upcoming dragon-related stuff! <3 Even if Peryite's moreso a Daedric Prince. XP

2. Can we talk about the fact that the Hubalajad's Final Treasure furnishing pack contains a MOURNFUL AEGIS?

Eh not a fan of skeletons
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. There isn't a lot more to say about them in this thread. Unicorns are heavily stereotyped, and my feeling is that they are just capitalizing on that.

Of course there is.
    The fake unicorn is probably a Jester's Festival tie-in item, the same way the Madcap Monkey is.

Although it's written as «Unicorn» on the web site, it should actually be "Unicorn". Perhaps they were gently trolling everyone by using symbols that would emphasize the word rather than dismiss it.
    signing off
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope the dragon priest costume will be re released in store, or upcoming crates.
    Edited by Rebirthment on January 13, 2018 5:01PM
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sore one.

The stuff looks awesome. Dragon Priest masks are a brilliant nod back to Skyrim (Of which I ploughed a disgusting amount of hours into like a lot of people :D). I can smell the loot crates though :s

*** it. I'm just going to enjoy it. Hopefully it can get me back into the game a bit!
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sorta feel like i am the only one who really dislikes the Frostbane mounts, only want the electric horse
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I sorta feel like i am the only one who really dislikes the Frostbane mounts, only want the electric horse

I'm not a fan of them either, especially what they did to the wolf tails
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Unicorn armoured horse!! *heavy breathes*
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭

Definitely agree on the weird tail knotting. I like the mount otherwise. But that just looks silly.
    Artists and Theives...
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lazrael wrote: »

Definitely agree on the weird tail knotting. I like the mount otherwise. But that just looks silly.

Beyond silly. I've bought every wolf available so far ... but this time I'm going to pass. "Prayer beads"-tail ... welllll ......

• diekoVE
    diekoVE
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by diekoVE on January 19, 2018 10:41AM
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    If I look at that "unicorn", the horn seems to be made of metal.
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    I have one thing to say.. unicorn

for the love of the tribunal please don't let it be radiant apex :'( oh the tears
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • WaterBearer
    WaterBearer
    ✭✭
    Super excited for the mementos if they make it in. I'm hoping that they do in fact allow you to levitate (even if briefly) bc that would really just complete my sorc when rp-ing.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    And again more useless items
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Unicorn and Monkey wearing a Crown look neat, but I wonder what the "Glacial Teaser - Vanus Galerion" event could be.
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on February 8, 2018 10:43AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I´d love to have the tusked dragon priest mask. I just hope it won´t cost too many gems...
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    its a shame that the storm steed, fire wolf and shadow senche will be almost impossible to get. so much effort, and really nice looking, but not worth spending over a thousand dollar for them.